ReasonTalk Donations Incentives.

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
TheGoodGoodMan

06 Feb 2015

:idea:
I have this idea for incentives for people to donate money to ReasonTalk. 
Everyone who donates an x amount of money (admins decide how much) can choose a title for themselves instead of having dabbler then hobbyst and so on.
Of course, all title ideas have to be approved by admins. 
You can still see post numbers of users, so it won't be confusing to see who is an experienced forum user and who is not.
It's just for fun.
What do You think?

Olivier

06 Feb 2015

I prefer no special priviliges for donators.
Running a forum like this can be hard enough in itself without people having special privileges (admins aside).
I think there's a risk that if you start with giving special privileges sooner or later people are going to try to get more. Or they may possibly try to leverage the fact that they donated.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Arsenic

06 Feb 2015

Personally, I don't think there should be any way to differentiate between those who can or choose to donate and those who can't or choose not to. It'd be akin to having a class system - like saying someone is less important because they haven't donated.

Ecopro

06 Feb 2015

We shouldn't have to entice anybody here with any type of incentives for the purpose of donating. Donations should be entirely voluntary and should be taken into consideration for the following reasons:
  • You enjoy this place a lot and would like it to continue its growth & running course
  • It's a solid alternative source to keep in touch with the old and new Reason community
  • You come here for the tips, tricks, tutorials, patches, ReFills, future song challenges
  • You come here, not only to learn, but to have a thoughtful or a more casual conversation of just about anything
Whether you decide to donate or not; we all get treated with the same respect in this forum. 
Guts Electronic Mayhem

JoshuaPhilgarlic

06 Feb 2015

I prefer the hard way: post a lot :D !

JNeffLind

06 Feb 2015

While I haven't donated (pretty poor at the moment) I'm not opposed to some kind of reward for those who have. I've been on other forums where paying a certain amount meant you didn't have to see ads. I know there are no ads here, but if people are opposed to the "class system" there still might be a way to reward donations in other ways. Not sure what they are or what my point is. Maybe I don't have one. Kind of like Reason 8. (haha) Just kidding. Not trying to hijack the thread. Please don't respond to my idiotic tangent. Why don't I delete it? Because I'm a rebel. And a maverick. And I'm in love with my own half-baked cleverness. The end.

Arsenic

06 Feb 2015

JNeffLind wrote:....but if people are opposed to the "class system"......
This is obviously aimed at me......so I will say it -  Yes, I am opposed to a class system on here and Yes, I have donated - I just don't expect anything for it other than continued use of the forums.....

Theo.M

06 Feb 2015

I'd like the title granny smith if possible  :s0238:

it's a long story but kvr ers get it.. it's an apple thing.. if  was to choose i would choose it cause it's camp and is exactly me.. apple nut. I will donate anyway regardless, just a hint to lunesis  :D

deepndark

06 Feb 2015

The "i will take your money, please be my friend"????

Jagwah

06 Feb 2015

I understand there are noble reason to donate as some of you point out but I think OPs suggestion is excellent and it would generate more money while only needing a minute or two to enable the reward.
Then we can donate again to change it again.

+1

zeebot

06 Feb 2015

May I suggest some kind of counter or target meter? Like a goal to reach to keep the site fully paid up each month.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

JNeffLind

06 Feb 2015

JNeffLind wrote:....but if people are opposed to the "class system"......
Arsenic wrote:
This is obviously aimed at me......so I will say it -  Yes, I am opposed to a class system on here and Yes, I have donated - I just don't expect anything for it other than continued use of the forums.....
Not "aimed" at you, just responding to what you posted. Didn't mean to rustle any jimmies. Peace, love, and molotov cocktails my man. By the way, last time I had money to donate it went here: crimethinc.com.

No gods, no masters.  :s0801:

CharlyCharlzz

06 Feb 2015

I never use internet with money transfert but things like western union is okay or I send some caramels :)
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

TheGoodGoodMan

07 Feb 2015

All of You naysayers need to relax. It's just for fun!
Granny Smith gets it  :)

Young people this days... Am I right Granny?  :s0403:

;)

Lunesis

07 Feb 2015

zeebot wrote:May I suggest some kind of counter or target meter? Like a goal to reach to keep the site fully paid up each month.
I don't know how much we'll need each month because it all depends on how many views there are at the end of the month.

X1Lo

07 Feb 2015

I personally think it could cause some friction between members.  Not that I think it is a terrible idea, it could work, but I feel like special user privilege may create an 'inner circle' vibe.  Personally I think it would be cool if there was some sort of small free download link given to donators.  Like a free contaminator patch or a nerdy/funny wallpaper.  Nothing substantial given away.  Plus if it was kept a secret what would be the download people would donate just out of curiosity. 
"As I stare into the digital abyss, I will remember when the world was real."

Theo.M

09 Feb 2015

mm I noticed a couple of non admin special names.... so obviously the admin do it by their choice for no particular reason and what ever they feel like calling us? Not a huge deal, but I was surprised a bit.

selig
RE Developer

09 Feb 2015

Theo.M wrote:mm I noticed a couple of non admin special names.... so obviously the admin do it by their choice for no particular reason and what ever they feel like calling us? Not a huge deal, but I was surprised a bit.
I don't THINK this is happening - what names are you referring to?
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

09 Feb 2015

X1Lo wrote:I personally think it could cause some friction between members.  Not that I think it is a terrible idea, it could work, but I feel like special user privilege may create an 'inner circle' vibe.  Personally I think it would be cool if there was some sort of small free download link given to donators.  Like a free contaminator patch or a nerdy/funny wallpaper.  Nothing substantial given away.  Plus if it was kept a secret what would be the download people would donate just out of curiosity. 
I would agree that a paid inner circle is something to be avoided here, especially since we can't avoid it IRL.   ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

Lunesis

09 Feb 2015

Theo.M wrote:mm I noticed a couple of non admin special names.... so obviously the admin do it by their choice for no particular reason and what ever they feel like calling us? Not a huge deal, but I was surprised a bit.
Only one is Joey Luck because he created the domain name and designed the logo.

TheGoodGoodMan

09 Feb 2015

selig wrote: I would agree that a paid inner circle is something to be avoided here, especially since we can't avoid it IRL.   ;)
It's just a title! I think you are a bit too sensitive to "social stratification" of this forum.
It's just my way to help with financing it, but it's your choice, your decision and I respect that.

• Information