Game Music

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
deepndark

19 Jul 2015

Some really cool music has been produced for the games - so if you know a track that you like - then post it for us to hear.
This game was a big thing back then: "Rainbow Six"
I love sad music, makes me almost cry! :cry:

eusti

19 Jul 2015

Not so much individual songs, but I really liked the atmosphere created in Diablo...
The first time when I felt I was completely submersed in a game...

D.

ScuzzyEye

19 Jul 2015

Two of my all time favorite pieces of video game music:

There's two versions in this video, I can't seem to embed a link that starts with the FM version at 1:38, but you can jump there yourself. The square wave version at the start is also good though.

The I love the how the song picks up with the arpeggio at 0:30, but that part isn't even used normally. This is the title screen music, and it screen fades out after 30 seconds. The only place you can hear the full song is in the music test.

eusti

19 Jul 2015

Ah, yes! Before I forget... Mind in a Box's R.E.T.R.O. album...
Riffing on some game music classics...

D.

InavigableHeart

20 Jul 2015

I loved the dark techno/trance soundtrack for Lifefore Tenka back on the PS1. Haha, must be decades since I last heard it!!! Thanks for making me seek it out...

pLansford

20 Jul 2015

I think the entire soundtrack for Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) is a great work of art. It's hard to pick one track but it's versatile enough to have it playing in the background while you clean your house.

TheMiles

20 Jul 2015

Total Annihilation had a great Soundtrack :)
Here's the playlist on Youtube :

unfortunately the player doesn't change to next Title, so heres the URL so you can listen to it on youtube :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mOG3Q8 ... A5699ADD39

normen

20 Jul 2015

Eternal classic from God of War:

forensickbeats

20 Jul 2015

(...)
Last edited by forensickbeats on 22 Dec 2015, edited 1 time in total.

DeltaHotelVictory

21 Jul 2015

A long long time ago I played Dune 2. The awesome soundtrack really added to the atmosphere of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WKBjmJCBHw

Amazing what they could do back then given that the sounds were synthesized on the spot and not delivered with the installation files as complete mp3s as they do right now...

jam-s

21 Jul 2015

I really dig the soundtrack of the original unreal tournament. Not only was it made by a very skilful tracker musician (those umx files are simply XM modules, that originally used seamless loops), but it's also a great atmospheric work that gets you into the flow:

Also the Command & Conquer series had some quite memorable soundtrack music:

p.s.: And yes, the Diablo soundtracks are also masterpieces.

deepndark

25 Aug 2015

Another one I love is Hitman. :mrgreen:

Pinkbox

25 Aug 2015

Hoho I missed this thread!
jam-s wrote:I really dig the soundtrack of the original unreal tournament. Not only was it made by a very skilful tracker musician (those umx files are simply XM modules, that originally used seamless loops), but it's also a great atmospheric work that gets you into the flow:
Yes, yes, yes!!

I love the ambiance of Starcraft 1 Zerg themes.

Trefor

26 Aug 2015

Love the HALO soundtrack. Here's an interesting version of it.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2015

Uncharted's soundtrack is great.

zeebot

02 Sep 2015

Last edited by zeebot on 02 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

esselfortium

02 Sep 2015

Amon Tobin's soundtrack for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is greatness.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

EnochLight

04 Sep 2015

The year was 1997, and the moment I heard this - I was hooked (was the very reason I bought a first-gen Playstation):

Last edited by EnochLight on 04 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

zakalwe

04 Sep 2015

awesome dark john carpenter vibes.

Emian

04 Sep 2015

been a while i've been totally into a game, but last summer a first-person puzzlegame, called "The Talos Principle" got me hooked,. Better than portal for me...

Since it's a puzzlegame (basically you need to find a sigil in each level, wich you can use in puzzles to unlock later levels) the music is very relaxing, it just adds to the atmosphere (think religion, god & Sci-Fi), the game does get quite hard after a few hours ....
& besides that it has a well written story & LOTS of hidden secrets/Easter Eggs ;)

a well deserved recommendation to all first-person gamers or puzzle gamers...

Enjoy the great screenshots too :)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

jappe

04 Sep 2015

Emian wrote:been a while i've been totally into a game, but last summer a first-person puzzlegame, called "The Talos Principle" got me hooked,. Better than portal for me...

Since it's a puzzlegame (basically you need to find a sigil in each level, wich you can use in puzzles to unlock later levels) the music is very relaxing, it just adds to the atmosphere (think religion, god & Sci-Fi), the game does get quite hard after a few hours ....
& besides that it has a well written story & LOTS of hidden secrets/Easter Eggs ;)

Nice!
Now I really have to check out that game.

I played "Everybodys Gone To The Rapture"(PS4) when it was released recently, and the music you link reminds me of that. It's not a game really, more like an interactive story, made by the same guys who created "Dear Esther" which I liked even more.

Emian

04 Sep 2015

jappe wrote:
Emian wrote:been a while i've been totally into a game, but last summer a first-person puzzlegame, called "The Talos Principle" got me hooked,. Better than portal for me...

Nice!
Now I really have to check out that game.

I played "Everybodys Gone To The Rapture"(PS4) when it was released recently, and the music you link reminds me of that. It's not a game really, more like an interactive story, made by the same guys who created "Dear Esther" which I liked even more.

i don't know the games you mentioned (yet, i also don't have a PlayStation) , but if you're a puzzler & First-Person fan i guarantee that "The Talos Principle" won't let you down :)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

• Information