Ozric Tentacles - Technicians of the Sacred

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Namahs Amrak

28 Aug 2015

Some weekend vibes for the psychonauts among us.

Roll up, sit back and let this album wash over you. :crazy:

My Words are my ART

dvdrtldg

28 Aug 2015

Are they still around??? I remember seeing them in the 90s, in a highly excited state. Amazing band

Namahs Amrak

28 Aug 2015

Yes, Ed & Brandi Wynne now live in Colorado, USA.

I consider this new album to be their greatest release for many years.
My Words are my ART

Namahs Amrak

28 Aug 2015

How were they live ? I may never have the chance to see them in Australia, as I believe Ed has some, er, let's say issues, in obtaining an Australian visa.

The closest I have been to a live show is the Pongmaster's Ball DVD
My Words are my ART

dvdrtldg

30 Aug 2015

They were amazing - I was living in Edinburgh in the early 90s and saw them there. I was trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrripping so my memory of it is kind of heightened, but I definitely remember being blown away by simply what a great band they were - super tight, but also sort of loose & abandoned, just playing their balls off and every song seemed to stretch out to infinity. Classic spacey prog rock, everyone was going nuts, lots of joints being passed around among total strangers, great feeling in the room

I was reminded of them when I saw Comets On Fire a few years ago - very different sort of band, but they had that same combination of dizzy improvisation & lethal tightness

Heater

30 Aug 2015

Thanks for posting that Namahs Amrak.

I've been listening to this quite a bit recently. It's sounds very Ozric like and it's done entirely on a Novation Supernova(s).

Namahs Amrak

30 Aug 2015

Heater wrote:Thanks for posting that Namahs Amrak.

I've been listening to this quite a bit recently. It's sounds very Ozric like and it's done entirely on a Novation Supernova(s).
Very cool. A bit of a slow starter for me, but that tune really went places. Agreed. it's very Ozrics.
dvdrtldg wrote:They were amazing - I was living in Edinburgh in the early 90s and saw them there. I was trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrripping so my memory of it is kind of heightened, but I definitely remember being blown away by simply what a great band they were - super tight, but also sort of loose & abandoned, just playing their balls off and every song seemed to stretch out to infinity. Classic spacey prog rock, everyone was going nuts, lots of joints being passed around among total strangers, great feeling in the room
Wow. Just....... fucking wow.

Sounds like every live TOOL experience I have had ;)

How about some Shpongle for you guys ?

My Words are my ART

Namahs Amrak

30 Aug 2015

PS: I Reeeeallly like electronic psybient/psytrance dudes who can take their shit on the road. It's a good indicator of the strength of their compositions.

Like Ott & The All-Seeing I

My Words are my ART

Exowildebeest

30 Aug 2015

I just returned form a goa festival.

To me it isn't a requirement that an artist "takes their shit on the road", and I don't think it's necessarily and indicator of strength, though it is nice to see certain stuff live (if you can deal with all the hippies :P). Particularly awesome artists like Posford and Ott.

The new Ott album is cool too btw. Bought it from his Bandcamp a couple of days ago.

Namahs Amrak

30 Aug 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:I just returned form a goa festival.

To me it isn't a requirement that an artist "takes their shit on the road", and I don't think it's necessarily and indicator of strength, though it is nice to see certain stuff live (if you can deal with all the hippies :P). Particularly awesome artists like Posford and Ott.

I agree, if it stays in the studio, no problem. Buuuuut, dudes like Shpongle, who rustle up a 12+ piece band to create a special experience to re-imagine the music, then I think it starts to transcend barrier of the mind.

The new Ott album is cool too btw. Bought it from his Bandcamp a couple of days ago.
Fairchildren ! I' waiting for the CD's to be pressed, and I shall be buying a copy :) Been having a good taste of the album on his Bandcamp page. As usual, it's a phenomenal journey.....

Turning it up a notch, I have a lot of admiration for this guy's tunes....

My Words are my ART

Exowildebeest

30 Aug 2015

That's a great track, bit Bluetechy. Groovy. Think I've vaguely seen that artist name before.

Here's one I like:

Namahs Amrak

30 Aug 2015

I fucking LOVE Entheogenic. Was just talking about them today. (and the Dialogue of the Speakers album, actually)
My Words are my ART

Heater

30 Aug 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:How about some Shpongle for you guys ?

I'd forgotten what an amazing drummer he was.

Namahs Amrak

30 Aug 2015

Exo.. speaking of Goa..is there much of a psy scene there these days? I passed through a couple of years ago on my way to Kerala... and it seemed a bit dead for non-trendy tourist parties.

And do you know of any similar relaxed scenes in Phuket ? I just booked some tickets today.

not the slightest bit interested in the gigantic wank fest that most full moon parties have become in Thailand.
My Words are my ART

Exowildebeest

30 Aug 2015

Oh, I never actually went to Goa - I just meant a goa festival here in Holland. I have no idea what it's currently like in Goa. Well maybe a little bit, I saw a little documentary about Raja Ram a while ago, and he was showing his old place in Goa, talking about the old days, and how the old days seem to be returning after a period of several years of crackdowns by authorities and whatnot - of course due to the fact that the whole thing became way too popular.

Regarding the psytrance scene in general, apart from the ambient branch, things have become quite a bit too cheesy in the progressive and fullon branches for my tastes. There is still great stuff out there - but I keep hearing these endless triplet rhythms on the dancefloor that make me want to kill myself. I used to follow the psy scene very closely, grabbing almost every release, but that stopped a few years back. So much crap that isn't even worth the effort of downloading pirated. But of course I do try to stay up to date with some artists I really, really love.

MarkTarlton

01 Sep 2015

seen this band a few times! I liked them when their bass player rolly and drummer merv were in the band! I have had plenty of nights zoned out listening to erpland, strangeitude as well as their vitamin enhanced box set I scored on cd many years ago. I haven't listened to them in a long time though. I visited their forum a few times but got bored. brandi sometimes post stuff. I actually had lots of their live tapes too...they used to allow tapers...remember those people? I have tons of maxell tapes with some serious psychedelic jams stored away that I should bust out some time.

oh yeah...I really dug their dubby vibe...like this tune :)

bpmorton

01 Sep 2015

The Ozrics are great! I saw them back in the late 90's at the Filmore in SF. I read that a few years ago they had a house fire that destroyed most of their instruments and recording gear. Sounds like they are back!

You should check out Hidria Spacefolk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuclcH46rNg

• Information