A week of Hell!

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
dagwood

22 Jun 2016

I have two wisdom teeth in my jaw that are both side-impacted against the rear molars. I've needed to have them out for years but I'm too chicken shit to go through with the procedure (not to mention it's going to cost me a lot of money out of pocket). Then I read somewhere that future-medical science may be able to extract stem cells from wisdom teeth that can be used to treat future diseases and/or disorders I may develop, so part of me wants to throw caution to the wind and hope that sci-fi becomes reality. :D

plaamook

22 Jun 2016

adfielding wrote:
plaamook wrote:
adfielding wrote:I was told earlier in the year that I might have to have at least one of my wisdom teeth pulled in the not-too-distant future. Having read this... yeah, I'm not looking forward to that!
Well, you never know what you're going to get. I had no real pain at all. My wisdoms had real pansie-ass roots. First two were a cakewalk, had socket problems on the second batch which was disgusting but really, it's not that bad. I'd rather have em cracked out all over again then get food poisoning from rice for example. That really was hell.
Yeah, I've got a similar problem here. A part of me is curious about the possibility of having them all removed as I'm pretty sure this problem is just going to crop up again, and I'd rather get them all removed in one go than drag it out... but we shall see!
Thing is they removed mine becaue in spite of my rigorous dental hygene I still can't reach em properly. Couldn't. So they thought it was better to remove em. Just do it. You'll feel better about yourself. And you can post all the horror here!
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Last Alternative

23 Jun 2016

Here's how it went down: Like I said, I waited far too long due to crappy jobs/crappy insurance/no insurance or else I would've done it many moons ago. So finally once I had the chance recently, I was at the dentist for a cleaning (which also I missed for about 10 years) and they said I need to get them removed because they had cavities. I explained that I also have a little trouble with aches in that region and that it's hard to reach with a toothbrush way back there. Fast-forward to the oral surgeon who looked and said my jaws are too small for them along with those issues.
It was over $3000 total and with my insurance I only paid a little over $1000. Not bad I guess--better than dealing with it longer and getting gum disease. I'm now pretty much pain free! My jaws have been popping a bit but it's going away, probably adjusting from the change and more room now. The holes are closing in and it really only hurts when food gets stuck in them but I rinse with salt water a lot and use a special syringe they gave me which goes right in the holes to flush so I'm golden. And I still have a couple hydros for funzies =)
And yeah being put to sleep felt crazy good; the happy gas & man--the fentanyl! That stuff puts you the most relaxed and in a dream-state you'll ever feel. I mean, it's a million times stronger than heroin, so they say. But it killed Prince and Michael Jackson so.. not something you wanna get hooked on, not to mention good luck finding it on the streets. The only other time I had fentanyl was in the hospital from a bad car crash a year and a half ago and let me tell you I went from badly beat up to cloud9 and practically begging the nurse for more!

To those of you who need to get it done I seriously beg of you to just do it. It truly is a week of hell if you're 30+ but surely better than what follows later in life if you neglect yourself.
-Jace
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

plaamook

23 Jun 2016

I had my 4 taken out for about £300. Which is about $450. And that was private, not even on the NHS! (I'm american living in UK) Not trying to rub your nose in it, just saying that's how sad things are over there at this point.

I didn't get any fentanyl though...:(
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

adfielding

23 Jun 2016

Last Alternative wrote:To those of you who need to get it done I seriously beg of you to just do it. It truly is a week of hell if you're 30+ but surely better than what follows later in life if you neglect yourself.
Aye aye chief, I shall take that into consideration! Cheers :)

Yeah, I'm good with my dental hygiene (except for the five years or the so I didn't go to the dentist - I had no excuse beyond "being a lazy student", thankfully I went for a checkup afterwards and the dentist basically said "you got lucky, everything is totally fine"), but I've got a food trap in one of my wisdom teeth. The lower wisdom teeth get food stuck in but I can actually brush those, but they're annoying as hell and yeah I'd rather just have them all out I think.

Sorry, didn't mean to give you a brief history of my dental hygiene but there you are haha!

edit: yeah I'd hope to go NHS all the way but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. £300 is still really damn good though.

8cros

30 Jun 2016

Once long ago I went to the budgetary clinic close to home in Irkutsk, and I did not have money for a pain reliever (It should be free, but I was in an unusual state), as I spent all the money on weed.
I have not slept all night and made music, and in the morning by being under a lot of smoke, I went to the dentist. The doctor to me have removed three nerve without anesthesia. I lost consciousness, and the doctor takes me back to life with the help of acupuncture and fan. :shock:
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

Ostermilk

30 Jun 2016

8cros wrote:Once long ago I went to the budgetary clinic close to home in Irkutsk, and I did not have money for a pain reliever (It should be free, but I was in an unusual state), as I spent all the money on weed.
I have not slept all night and made music, and in the morning by being under a lot of smoke, I went to the dentist. The doctor to me have removed three nerve without anesthesia. I lost consciousness, and the doctor takes me back to life with the help of acupuncture and fan. :shock:
A reminder kids:

Don't do dentists... :oops:

yeahright31

04 Jul 2016

Yeah can sorta relate, I have a high thresh hold for pain though, I really get sick of dentist tapping at teeth saying does it hurt? No it doesn't, kick me in the balls then that's will hurt me. Haha

I'll tell you what did hurt on the last dentist visit was the removal of a tooth that I thought had shattered on exit and fell into the gum gap, anyway I go away and then the next day is this extreme pain, I thought maybe dry socket and the fact I swore part of the broken tooth fell into the gum- So I'm back at dentist and they told me they had trouble trying to take the tooth out and they broke my jaw trying to take it out. Fuck man, no wonder I was in such pain, the scary thing was they said "it's normal to do so" no apologizing to me and oh boy I wasn't happy. Can you break someones jaw and then give them pain killers and mess about cleaning up a dodgy job you've done as a dentist...My goodness.

Hadn't been back for 6 years and I need my 3rd wisdom taken out.

Last Alternative

05 Jul 2016

^What a story. Damn that's horrible!
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

• Information