Sing Street

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
JNeffLind

01 Aug 2016

I just saw a movie on demand called "Sing Street." It's an Irish movie about some kids forming a band in the eighties and was really well done. Great as a date movie or just to see on your own like I did. As someone who spent years in the Hollywood trenches dealing with tons of shit scripts and films I can wholeheartedly say this film excels on every level. Check it out.

decibel

06 Aug 2016

yeah, seen it about 3 weeks ago, loved it, i was growing up through that era and could easily relate ;)

JNeffLind

06 Aug 2016

One of those few movies that was hitting on all cylinders. Nice to see there are still some artists in the world of film.

decibel

06 Aug 2016

yeah, i recon we are lucky if half a dozen decent films get released a year these days, and thats coming from a person who watch's a lot of international cinema also. so much of what comes out of hollywood just seems like a waste of resources imo. the amount of films that i lose interest in after 15 minutes or have to try and watch multiple times in order just to finish grows bigger every year ;) lol, maybe im getting old and im just less tolerant of mediocre rubbish these days ?

JNeffLind

07 Aug 2016

decibel wrote:yeah, i recon we are lucky if half a dozen decent films get released a year these days, and thats coming from a person who watch's a lot of international cinema also. so much of what comes out of hollywood just seems like a waste of resources imo. the amount of films that i lose interest in after 15 minutes or have to try and watch multiple times in order just to finish grows bigger every year ;) lol, maybe im getting old and im just less tolerant of mediocre rubbish these days ?
Hollywood is driven by starpower and production value before story. Story should be number one priority, but it basically never is. This is why indie films so often shine. They can't afford starpower or production value, so they have no choice but to put the focus where it should be.

Aggie

07 Aug 2016

...The Commitments...? :)
Adam Gill | BandLab

• Information