How grand another lite version

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
yeahright31

01 Sep 2016

Does anyone else have a heap of those Ableton Live Lite version disk or Cubase trial disk collecting dust somewhere in their home?
Man, I've got like 3 copies of Ableton Lite, 2 of Cubase trial, 2 of Novation Xcite Cds
They come for free every time you buy hardware, like a soundcard or midi controller or synth
These disk are so you can give the software a go and then the company hope you up upgrade.

The Novation Xcite Cd is pretty good, good to have some free samples to load up
Plus you normally get a full version of Novation Bass vst or Novation V- Synth vst..
Those are good vst, but the thing is useless when you wanna stick with reason & you are not wanting to use vst format.
Sounding like a fanboy or brat (It's free I know)

Heck I even bought Renoise 3 to give a few Vst a go. Regardless I end up back using Reason because that's my go to. :reason:
I know it's not like these companies have got a knife to my throat forcing me and everyone else to use their trial Daws.
Just sucks that I have so many of these trials cds and I have no interest to really use them, what do I do with all these lite or trial version
Guess I got X-Mas & birthday presents sorted out for a few, wrapping up trial versions of Ableton Lite, haha. :roll:

jonheal

01 Sep 2016

Bought Logic a long time ago. Wouldn't run well on my Mac Mini. Sold it (I don't think I was supposed to ...).
Bought FL Studio. Too cluttered. Didn't reinstall it when I upgraded to Windows 10.
Bought Renoise. I think it looks cool, and I applaud the low price, but I can't fathom it.
Bought Studio One. I'm not a musician, so the "mucisian's DAW" didn't get any use. (I should sell it.)

All of the above represent much regretful spending.

But I keep plugging away at Reason. :puf_bigsmile:
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

yeahright31

01 Sep 2016

jonheal wrote:Bought Logic a long time ago. Wouldn't run well on my Mac Mini. Sold it (I don't think I was supposed to ...).
Bought FL Studio. Too cluttered. Didn't reinstall it when I upgraded to Windows 10.
Bought Renoise. I think it looks cool, and I applaud the low price, but I can't fathom it.
Bought Studio One. I'm not a musician, so the "mucisian's DAW" didn't get any use. (I should sell it.)

All of the above represent much regretful spending.

But I keep plugging away at Reason. :puf_bigsmile:

Thanks for sharing on this topic.

I can relate to bit of that experience, a friend tried to get me into Fruity Loops and I made 1 decent beat on it, but it had confused me that program. I agree too cluttered.
Renoise 3 is cool, I had to watch a few Youtube tutorials to get Renoise going, so i'm with you there with trying to fathom it. Got there in the end though. Like I said Reason is my go to program, I'm using a Mac Mini as well and this has presented some issues that annoy me to this day, but heck the regretful spending was buying Native Instruments Komplete 6 when I was a noob and since owning a Mac mini i've gave up trying to get Komplete 6 working -

Spoke to support at Native Instruments, their response is just an email saying it's compatible, although it's not, screw it anyway, I've put the garbage behind me and kinda temporary written it off. It's not needed, it never was in the first place, just assumed when I was a noob using Renoise I needed Vst and wanted this that and everything else like everyone who is new to creating music and excited about things.

In the start I asked few people what do I need and no one said a soundcard, had an Akai MPC and few cool things but as Reason evolved to Reason 6 introduced Kong, I sold MPC and I had spent a lot over the years on what I felt I needed or what friends said I need. Haha

swamptooth

07 Sep 2016

yeahright31 wrote: The Novation Xcite Cd is pretty good, good to have some free samples to load up
Thanks for reminding me of the 4 gig loopmasters sample pack novation emailed me about a couple of weeks ago that i forgot to download!

:mrgreen:

• Information