So, what are you doing this February?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Territan

21 Jan 2015

I ask because every year or so it seems like I bring up the RPM Challenge, which was a sort of annual "music-making month" before the Props even had their first one.

Think of it as a NaNoWriMo for music: In the month of February, create 10 songs or 35 minutes of original music.

No, I've never participated in it, but I have reason for not doing so: Musically, I suck.

Others here don't have that excuse...

-This space intentionally left apathetic-

3rd Floor Sound

21 Jan 2015

Likely the same as January: being drunk and freezing my ass off. And guitar, lots of that.
º REFILLS 
º Youtube
º Twitter
º Facebook

phasys

21 Jan 2015

3rd Floor Sound wrote:Likely the same as January: being drunk and freezing my ass off. And guitar, lots of that.
I bought Rocksmith a while ago, that's fun! :D

3rd Floor Sound

21 Jan 2015

3rd Floor Sound wrote:Likely the same as January: being drunk and freezing my ass off. And guitar, lots of that.
phasys wrote:
I bought Rocksmith a while ago, that's fun! :D
It IS fun, a friend who I'm teaching how to play bought a copy -- man it takes a lot of getting used to that vertical scrolling format though. I'm very used to tab, GuitarPro (which is friggin awesome), and PowerTabEditor. Hard to unlearn 22 or 23 years worth of tab reading :D
º REFILLS 
º Youtube
º Twitter
º Facebook

Gaja

21 Jan 2015

Territan wrote:I ask because every year or so it seems like I bring up the RPM Challenge, which was a sort of annual "music-making month" before the Props even had their first one.

Think of it as a NaNoWriMo for music: In the month of February, create 10 songs or 35 minutes of original music.

No, I've never participated in it, but I have reason for not doing so: Musically, I suck.

If everything goes as planned, I will purchase a company in february...
Cheers!
Fredhoven

3rd Floor Sound

21 Jan 2015

Territan wrote:I ask because every year or so it seems like I bring up the RPM Challenge, which was a sort of annual "music-making month" before the Props even had their first one.

Gaja wrote: If everything goes as planned, I will purchase a company in february...
Wow, nice work. What field?
º REFILLS 
º Youtube
º Twitter
º Facebook

platzangst

21 Jan 2015

As detailed in my own thread earlier, I plan to participate in the Challenge...

Gaja

21 Jan 2015

Gaja wrote: If everything goes as planned, I will purchase a company in february...
3rd Floor Sound wrote:Wow, nice work. What field?
Post production mainly. I'm doing foley, but our current company offers the entire palette of movie sound (except score, but we do have an ingenious composer at hand). We'll buy another company, which has been in the business for over two decades, and get their studio, their customers and employees on top (and one of the CEOs will remain, mainly because he's awesome and knows the local market like no other).
Gonna be a stressful time for a while, but I'm quite confident it'll turn out great.
We have an amazing music recording studio already, which is going to be my responsibilty to manage and make flourish. I plan to go into refill making and maybe even RE development, but it's all too far out yet to say for sure what's gonna happen.
Exciting times ahead!
Cheers!
Fredhoven

3rd Floor Sound

21 Jan 2015

When it's stressful in a new business it's for one of two reasons: too many or too few customers. May yours be of the former variety :)
º REFILLS 
º Youtube
º Twitter
º Facebook

Gaja

21 Jan 2015

3rd Floor Sound wrote:When it's stressful in a new business it's for one of two reasons: too many or too few customers. May yours be of the former variety :)
Thanks mate! I wish you the same for your enterprises!
Cheers!
Fredhoven

craven

21 Jan 2015

working on my dissertation - have to finish it up these months.
Haven't been in the mood of composing music for quite some time now.
really looking forward to it, though! some nice booze and a whole evening just for Reason. Good times!
:ugeek:

craven

21 Jan 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote:How's your Ph.D?
Finally about to be finished - were some tough years. Thanks for asking. I hope that music will become a bigger part in my life again. I feel like learning an instrument and better composing. Searching for new meanings in life soon :)

:ugeek:

grumo

24 Jan 2015

3rd Floor Sound wrote:It IS fun, a friend who I'm teaching how to play bought a copy -- man it takes a lot of getting used to that vertical scrolling format though. I'm very used to tab, GuitarPro (which is friggin awesome), and PowerTabEditor. Hard to unlearn 22 or 23 years worth of tab reading :D
It seems like the worst part is the vertical scrolling, but it's actually the fact that the strings are upside down when compared to traditional tabs!!!!

There's an option in the menu that allows you to 'reverse strings' (*a different option than the leftie mode*), once you turn that on, things fall into place quite nicely!!!

I had to reply to this post because when I discovered that I was jumping with joy  :s0230: :s0221: :s0230:

Soundcloud // download 'Gracias' on Bandcamp // Facebook

jappe

24 Jan 2015

February will be work, work, family, and work. Unfortunately non-music related.
But, any spare time will be used to continue work on my set of William Blake inspired tunes. That and eating, sleeping when I get the inspiration for it.

• Information