Ending PUF with a bang!

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
selig
RE Developer

21 Jan 2015

James Bermingham wrote:A heart felt goodbye.

It was thanks to the PUF forum and its users that encouraged me to purchase recommended RE's and Refills particularly Bitleys WBF.

Without that forum I would be leading a sheltered Reason existence operating from the factory soundbank and orkester bank.

Migrated to ReasonTalk just in time. Only found out about the shut down today.

Namahs Amrak wrote:
Precisely. They encouraged you to
Namahs Amrak wrote:purchase
Namahs Amrak wrote:. In this this instance it served their purpose well. As a profit generating tool rather than a community initiative.

Props don't give a damn about you people. Us people. Whatever. They are just another business trying to make it big. That's what businesses do, They aren't your friend, and they aren't you lover. EVERYTHING the do is for profit, not for love. Feelings of emotion towards such a  soulless entity only shows that their manipulation has been successful. Bye Bye forum, but Props we still looooooooove yooooou. Take our money ! !
He purchased the Bitley ReFill which the Props make 0% on - and are you saying "purchase" like it's a bad thing? A more accurate reading would be that the PUF facilitated an INFORMED PURCHASE, which is a good thing IMO. I wouldn't be making much music if I hadn't ever made any purchases…

Besides, he is praising the FORUM  (which consisted mainly of the same folks who are here today) not the company! I don't see the connection myself, I never felt the Props claimed much ownership in the forums anyway! ;)
I think there are many who have an emotional connection to the folks on the forums, and that's what we're saying goodbye to - NOT THE COMPANY!!!

:)
Selig Audio, LLC

James Bermingham

21 Jan 2015

James Bermingham wrote:A heart felt goodbye.

It was thanks to the PUF forum and its users that encouraged me to purchase recommended RE's and Refills particularly Bitleys WBF.

Without that forum I would be leading a sheltered Reason existence operating from the factory soundbank and orkester bank.

Migrated to ReasonTalk just in time. Only found out about the shut down today.

Namahs Amrak wrote:
Precisely. They encouraged you to
Namahs Amrak wrote:purchase
Namahs Amrak wrote:. In this this instance it served their purpose well. As a profit generating tool rather than a community initiative.

Props don't give a damn about you people. Us people. Whatever. They are just another business trying to make it big. That's what businesses do, They aren't your friend, and they aren't you lover. EVERYTHING the do is for profit, not for love. Feelings of emotion towards such a  soulless entity only shows that their manipulation has been successful. Bye Bye forum, but Props we still looooooooove yooooou. Take our money ! !
Of course its a business to them and revenue stream. But I am happy with Reason, and have invested in the product down through the years and it has served me well as a professional musician. I have obtained real value from the money I've invested. 

I'm sure this forum will lead me to other incentives relating to Propellerhead that I will choose to purchase. 

craven

21 Jan 2015

just some mere minutes! We don't even know if they shut it down by midnight ;)
I mean, probably not. Or are they all awake for the new site launch and nervous as we are? We'll find out some of that in 6 minutes.
:ugeek:

JNeffLind

21 Jan 2015

I kind of want to be signed on to watch the switch. Anyone with me? Opening a second browser window now...

Namahs Amrak

21 Jan 2015

selig wrote: I think there are many who have an emotional connection to the folks on the forums, and that's what we're saying goodbye to - NOT THE COMPANY!!!
By all accounts, the vast majority are already here, so it was barely a bump in the road shifting to another forum. If you & I had a weekly coffee date as friends, and we changed cafe's because the service became bad,, we wouldn't be saying goodbye to our friendship. We are simply going to another cafe to do the same thing we have always done.

I'll reign in my vitriol for today. Sorry folks. Propellerheads just PISS ME OFF in how they conduct themselves, and it bewilders me how people accept their corporate behaviour because they enjoy the software. I very much enjoy the software, and it's my only DAW, save for the odd specialized process I need to run. But I also enjoy driving - it doesn't mean I agree with what the oil and gas companies are doing.
My Words are my ART

Namahs Amrak

21 Jan 2015

James Bermingham wrote: I'm sure this forum will lead me to other incentives relating to Propellerhead that I will choose to purchase. 
There have been more incentives in one week from developers here in one week than there has been from Propellerhead in two years. So the future does look bright indeed :)
My Words are my ART

JNeffLind

21 Jan 2015

selig wrote: I think there are many who have an emotional connection to the folks on the forums, and that's what we're saying goodbye to - NOT THE COMPANY!!!
Namahs Amrak wrote:
By all accounts, the vast majority are already here, so it was barely a bump in the road shifting to another forum. If you & I had a weekly coffee date as friends, and we changed cafe's because the service became bad,, we wouldn't be saying goodbye to our friendship. We are simply going to another cafe to do the same thing we have always done.

I'll reign in my vitriol for today. Sorry folks. Propellerheads just PISS ME OFF in how they conduct themselves, and it bewilders me how people accept their corporate behaviour because they enjoy the software. I very much enjoy the software, and it's my only DAW, save for the odd specialized process I need to run. But I also enjoy driving - it doesn't mean I agree with what the oil and gas companies are doing.
I enjoy your posts, if only for their (ahem) passion. If you blow a gasket and die, I will be sad.

craven

21 Jan 2015

okay, nothing happened so far :)

now, I'm curious to see the new website - well, after a nap.

Namahs Amrak

21 Jan 2015

JNeffLind wrote: I enjoy your posts, if only for their (ahem) passion. If you blow a gasket and die, I will be sad.
Thank you. I'm going to take Nicola's advice and meditate for 30 minutes.
My Words are my ART

craven

21 Jan 2015

Nicola wrote:Think and meditate. ;)
haha, oh my god, I wish you would stop posting this :)
but it's me getting annoyed by it so I will think and meditate and embrace the truth behind those words. It's just that repetition can strike a nerve or two. 

All the best to us!

selig
RE Developer

21 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:
If OTOH, the cafe we had our daily chats at was closing, and we had to find a new home, well, that's a more accurate portrayal of the current situation IMO. Folks get attached to places, even virtual ones! Not everyone, mind you, as evidenced by your replies - but SOME folks do get caught up in this stuff. ;)
Namahs Amrak wrote:I'll reign in my vitriol for today. Sorry folks. Propellerheads just PISS ME OFF in how they conduct themselves, and it bewilders me how people accept their corporate behaviour because they enjoy the software. I very much enjoy the software, and it's my only DAW, save for the odd specialized process I need to run. But I also enjoy driving - it doesn't mean I agree with what the oil and gas companies are doing.
Actually I have no problem at all with you ranting, and you made good points. I was just pointing out that this thread was about saying goodbye to the forum - not goodbye or FU to the Props. Maybe it's just me who doesn't associate the two?

Anyway, rant on dude!

Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

21 Jan 2015

Nicola wrote:Think and meditate. ;)
craven wrote:
haha, oh my god, I wish you would stop posting this :)
but it's me getting annoyed by it so I will
craven wrote:think and meditate
craven wrote: and embrace the truth behind those words. It's just that repetition can strike a nerve or two. 

All the best to us!
Actually, many meditation teachers teach by repetition. Sometimes it takes a while for this stuff to actually sink in, you know. ;)
I would point out that thinking and meditation are often considered different disciplines by some, fwiw. 

Selig Audio, LLC

craven

21 Jan 2015

selig wrote:
I would point out that thinking and meditation are often considered different disciplines by some, fwiw.  :)
yeah, I wondered the same and actually just looked it up. Also, maybe reflection is something that makes more sense. Alas, it's some kind of thinking.

On a last note: maybe first thinking/reflecting and then meditation - Nicola never said to do it at the same time, I'm really not against it - however, this is not a meditation board, is it?

3rd Floor Sound

21 Jan 2015

craven wrote:however, this is not a meditation board, is it?
Would there be any comments if it was? How would we know if anyone was here?
º REFILLS 
º Youtube
º Twitter
º Facebook

craven

21 Jan 2015

craven wrote:however, this is not a meditation board, is it?
3rd Floor Sound wrote:Would there be any comments if it was? How would we know if anyone was here?
meditation is way better than the uproar that (might have partly) destroyed the PUF in the end - so I'm completely fine! :) And yeah, no comments happening on a meditation board, it's like with this procrastination self-help forum that was promised to start "tomorrow, for real"  :s0106:

• Information