What have you been listening to?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
PhillipOrdonez

12 Jul 2023

This tune fucking slaps.

jappe

12 Jul 2023

Popey
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2023

I bleepin love this track. just ripped my wide angle cd to a memory stick and been lovin this on my journey to work

fullforce

12 Jul 2023

Jagwah wrote:
11 Jul 2023
Nice choon :thumbup:
You know that I only post quality stuff mate. :puf_bigsmile:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

challism

12 Jul 2023

Augustus Pablo... legend!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

robussc

12 Jul 2023

New Gunship track dropped and it’s banger:

Of course I’m working on a cover :) and two interesting things I’ve noted: 1) this thing is ticking along at 162 bpm! 2) it’s in D major but as far as I can tell never visits the I chord.
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

Loque

14 Jul 2023

Two Fingers. experimenting and trying to fit Drum&Bass into Hip Hop with roots in electronic music.

The album with the same name is dope.

Reason12, Win10

jappe

14 Jul 2023

Excellent Swedish symphonic metal. Very Nightwish in my ears.

ChulaCoola

14 Jul 2023

I recently heard this song by Quixotic Sound Design - I love it. I don't know if they did it in Reason or not. If anybody knows, let me know. I have a SoundCloud play list for Reason songs. In any case it is on my Hot Ones play list.

The God of Rainbows - Thousand Ring Circus (QSD Remix)
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

ChulaCoola

14 Jul 2023

Another Hot Ones play lister - I've been playing this on repeat. I like the title; it has a science fiction-like name with a great melody, and overall sound.

Dual Bodied Man (TA) Snakebite Blip Blop Melody 120 Bpm

Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

Popey
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2023

ChulaCoola wrote:
14 Jul 2023
I recently heard this song by Quixotic Sound Design - I love it. I don't know if they did it in Reason or not. If anybody knows, let me know. I have a SoundCloud play list for Reason songs. In any case it is on my Hot Ones play list.

The God of Rainbows - Thousand Ring Circus (QSD Remix)
I think the god of rainbows is on this forum and uses reason. Name seems awfully familiar

Aosta

14 Jul 2023

Tend the flame

ChulaCoola

14 Jul 2023

Low Pulse Summerday by Alio Modo

challism

14 Jul 2023

A few things I've been listening to... just revisiting some old favorites and discovering some new ones:
This is my favorite Townes Van Zandt song
The top youtube comment: If you play this three times in a row at work (or twice along with his cover of "Dead Flowers"), someone from HR will stop by and ask if you're ok.

I discovered this German band via radiooooo.com W. Germany 80s channel (so many great tracks on that website). I really like the 70s and 80s popular German music that I've heard.

An entire album of amazing theme songs discovered via youtube autoplay

Germany's answer to Pink Floyd? They are new to me, but I guess they are quite famous.

Speaking of Pink Floyd... here's a pretty cool compilation of Syd Barrett studio recordings with false starts and some talking (also some interview clips). Interesting if you like Syd.

this came up in my youtube autoplay.
I'm not even sure how to describe this.. it's jazzy, it's progressive, it's experimental..

Early BBC sessions of The Cure.. what's not to love

Classic Stranglers

this one is new to me from youtube autoplay.. lovely music

this is new to me.. it came up on my youtube autoplay.. chilled out classical guitar..

This 3 piece is amazing.. so tight
KEXP is a wonderful place to discover new music. I used to live in Seattle and it's one of the things I miss most about Seattle (good thing they have their studio session on youtube and they also stream online).

Introduced to me by a student of mine who used to be a music journalist in Poland

I've had this compilation album for over 20 years. One of my ex-girlfriends' father brought this CD back from his trip to Cuba. Love at first listen, my introduction to Cuban music. Seeing that my music collection is still back in the US and very unlikely to ever make the trip across the ocean, I'm glad to see this on youtube.

Great band keeping rock alive

I just clicked on this thumbnail and I'm really liking it so far.

robussc

15 Jul 2023

Challism, you shock me! Such eclectic tastes and yet TD is a new discovery?! Tangram was a life changing album for me. Bought it at a record store around 1980 based on the cover alone (IIRC :) )

The intro sequence took me on a journey I’ve never returned from.
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

challism

15 Jul 2023

robussc wrote:
15 Jul 2023
Challism, you shock me! Such eclectic tastes and yet TD is a new discovery?! Tangram was a life changing album for me. Bought it at a record store around 1980 based on the cover alone (IIRC :) )

The intro sequence took me on a journey I’ve never returned from.
Yeah, I guess I'm the last one to arrive at the TD party. Strange because I'm such a huge Pink Floyd fan, and TD's music is very close to that genre in many ways. It's hard to know about every artist and every band, but I'm glad I discovered this one. Isn't it great that new discoveries still await us!

I was also late to the Porcupine Tree party. I discovered that amazing band from this very forum. So a big thanks to whoever that was that introduced me to Porcupine Tree. Their drummer is something else!

crimsonwarlock

15 Jul 2023

challism wrote:
15 Jul 2023
Yeah, I guess I'm the last one to arrive at the TD party. Strange because I'm such a huge Pink Floyd fan, and TD's music is very close to that genre in many ways
In regard of TD being close to PF, listen to Force Majeure, it is the most "symphonic rock" album they've done and obviously very much influenced by PF. It's also my favorite TD album.
challism wrote:
15 Jul 2023
I was also late to the Porcupine Tree party. I discovered that amazing band from this very forum. So a big thanks to whoever that was that introduced me to Porcupine Tree.
That could have been me, but I'm not the only Porcupine Tree fan here :puf_bigsmile:
challism wrote:
15 Jul 2023
Their drummer is something else!
Not only that, their keyboard player uses Reason, even during live gigs :thumbup: :clap:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

crimsonwarlock

15 Jul 2023

-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

crimsonwarlock

15 Jul 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
15 Jul 2023
challism wrote:
15 Jul 2023
I was also late to the Porcupine Tree party. I discovered that amazing band from this very forum. So a big thanks to whoever that was that introduced me to Porcupine Tree.
That could have been me, but I'm not the only Porcupine Tree fan here :puf_bigsmile:
Did a search, wasn't me :lol:

I seemed to remember I posted the video for Anesthetize live, but obviously didn't. So, let's correct that error :puf_wink:

-------

fullforce

15 Jul 2023

Can we agree that this is the new Beck?

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

fullforce

15 Jul 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
15 Jul 2023
Did a search, wasn't me :lol:
No duh, that was Shaggy.

robussc

15 Jul 2023

challism wrote:
15 Jul 2023
It's hard to know about every artist and every band, but I'm glad I discovered this one. Isn't it great that new discoveries still await us!

I was also late to the Porcupine Tree party. I discovered that amazing band from this very forum. So a big thanks to whoever that was that introduced me to Porcupine Tree. Their drummer is something else!
Haha, me too. I think Fear of a Blank Planet was my introduction to them, so very late but they’re pretty obscure over here in the USA. So good. I’m actually not a huge prog rock fan. Floyd yes, Genesis no and Rush never in a million years :) But Porcupine Tree tick a lot of boxes for me. Though I’m not yet sold on the latest album. Need to give it a more careful listen.

robussc

15 Jul 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
15 Jul 2023
Not only that, their keyboard player uses Reason, even during live gigs :thumbup: :clap:
And that’s why I have no excuse (except geography) as I’m a huge Japan fan!

challism

15 Jul 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
15 Jul 2023
challism wrote:
15 Jul 2023
Their drummer is something else!
I had forgotten about that. I think it was mentioned in the thread where I was first introduced to PTree. Luckily, it piqued my interest enough to give them a go. I love it when I hear about confirmed world-class talents who use Reason because we hear far too often that Reason is a toy, professionals don't use it, bla bla bla. We all know that is nonsense but it's good to have some names to throw out in defense of our DAW.
robussc wrote:
15 Jul 2023
Rush.. not in a million years
I totally agree. The problem with Rush is their singer. I think their musicianship is top notch. I can't stand the singer, though. I could absolutely listen to an instrumental album by Rush. Another amazing drummer in that band, obviously.
robussc wrote:
15 Jul 2023
And that’s why I have no excuse (except geography) as I’m a huge Japan fan!
Me too. I just wish they didn't use so much pixelation. Oh wait... you were talking about music, weren't you? :oops: :oops:

Murf
RE Developer

15 Jul 2023

• Information