Racism: alive and well ..

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
ebop

02 Sep 2015

Good point gak. I similarly could rattle off a number of appalling historical and ongoing human rights issues relating to aborigines in my convict cousin Namrahs Amrak's homeland as a retort to his banter about New Zealand. But it's not for here and wouldn't gain anything. But Namrahs Amrak, I know where you live buddy ;)

Namahs Amrak

02 Sep 2015

ebop wrote:Good point gak. I similarly could rattle off a number of appalling historical and ongoing human rights issues relating to aborigines in my convict cousin Namrahs Amrak's homeland as a retort to his banter about New Zealand. But it's not for here and wouldn't gain anything. But Namrahs Amrak, I know where you live buddy ;)
Sure you do. I'm on the main Island of Oz, and you're on the little one. :lol:

Doesn't matter to me anyway, I'm a bloody immigrant.
My Words are my ART

Namahs Amrak

02 Sep 2015

gak wrote:I'm having a tough time understanding why this is here?
Me too. Stoopid thread is stoopid. :thumbs_up:
My Words are my ART

EnochLight

02 Sep 2015

I invite everyone to stop responding and let this thread die. Mods are welcome to close it.

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

keeverw

02 Sep 2015

What is race anyway? Your ancestor had a gene that gave him a little darker skin than the rest of his family. People have this tendency to form clicks with people who are like them, who look like them, who talk like them, etc. So he marries a woman who also has darker skin. Thus their children have darker skin. This family thrives, and multiplies, and inter-marries with other families, and before you know it a whole community can be characterized by their darker skin color.
Darker than what you might ask? What is the reference?
The reference might be the majority? Or it might just be the one doing the comparison himself.
An any matter every human being is related in some way.
If you believe the Christian/Jewish bible's account of ancient history (as I do), then you believe we all share a common ancestor. Adam and Eve being the first. And then later on down the line, the Noah and his wife.
So in reality Christians and Jews should be the least racist people in the world. Sadly they are not.
Muslims believe this too, don't they? Muslims, also not the least racist people in the world.

Race is a term people have assigned to large groups of people who share certain physical characteristics, such as skin color. Though even among those "races" skin color varies greatly. So "Race" in this context is an arbitrary term at best.
Scientifically speaking humanity is a race is it not?

So now that we have established that all humans are the same race, and through many years of mixing DNA with other DNA we have people who are an infinite variation of the same color.

It's as if you took a white marker and a brown marker and mixed the two together, and you create a unique color. Then you take that new color and add some red and you have another new color. Then you take that one and add some yellow, and another new color is born. Isn't that cool? I think so. Are any of these colors better than any other? Which is the best color? Which is the worst? I think its purely subjective.
And I think eventually if we quit isolating ourselves from everyone who differs from our group of similarly colored people, eventually we will all be the same color again. Who knows what that color will be? I certainly don't. Maybe black? Because isn't black an equal mixture of all primary colors? I am not sure.

Keep "race" in perspective people. The word itself only has meaning if you assign meaning to it.
Maybe I'm a little too easily irritated, but I hate it when medical forms, or job applications ask my race, and there are about 5 or 6 (the list is growing) options for me to pick, "white" being one of them. I wish "human" were an option, and I've often been tempted to write it in.

We are all one race, created by one God who loves us all equally! Or at least that's my take on it.

pLansford

02 Sep 2015

keeverw wrote:Which is the best color?
Green is the best color IMHO. It is the color of our mother nature. Green is a calming, refreshing color that balances emotion and offers a sense of renewal. It feels so good when the traffic light turns green. I like green beer bottles, green money and green mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Go green.

keeverw

02 Sep 2015

pLansford wrote:
Green is the best color IMHO. It is the color of our mother nature. Green is a calming, refreshing color that balances emotion and offers a sense of renewal. It feels so good when the traffic light turns green. I like green beer bottles, green money and green mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Go green.
But which shade of green? ;)

Blue and Yellow makes green.
So when you start adding yellow to blue, at what point does it cease being blue and become green?
Same question when adding blue to yellow.

pLansford

02 Sep 2015

My inspiration for the day. Are you ready for it? ........... :puf_bigsmile:

keeverw

02 Sep 2015

Wisdom from the street!
The Sesame Street!
Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?

O1B

02 Sep 2015

I recently read on a White Supremacist site that the Swedes (and Scotts, apparently ) 'invented' hip hop.

don't know how true, but it does call into question who speaks for Hip Hop.
… so …

Great Thread, btw…. I never laughed so hard at Injustice.

Remember… 'they' tried to say that about the Aussie Iggy Izzy…. well… in that case, 'they' might have been Right.

ebop

02 Sep 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:
ebop wrote:Good point gak. I similarly could rattle off a number of appalling historical and ongoing human rights issues relating to aborigines in my convict cousin Namrahs Amrak's homeland as a retort to his banter about New Zealand. But it's not for here and wouldn't gain anything. But Namrahs Amrak, I know where you live buddy ;)
Sure you do. I'm on the main Island of Oz, and you're on the little one. :lol:

Doesn't matter to me anyway, I'm a bloody immigrant.
Ahhhh, you're an immigrant to 'Australia', I'm sorry to hear that. By choice? ;)

submonsterz

02 Sep 2015

pLansford wrote:

Go green.

but you still don't like peas racist bastargises... :)

Riverman

02 Sep 2015

Politics: 1.5 (often the politics of) The assumptions or principles relating to or inherent in a sphere, theory, or thing, especially when concerned with power and status in a society:
the politics of gender

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/de ... h/politics
"Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current;
no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place,
and this too will be swept away." - Marcus Aurelius

• Information