Call to Arms: Charity 2015

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
davidhyno

13 Oct 2015

From KVR http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=447412

Dear friends.

The past four years our audio industry have raised more than $64.000 for Save the Children, through software and hardware auctions in an annual fundraising here on the forum of KVR Audio. Last year alone we raised an amazing $18.924. This year, once again, the funds we raise will be earmarked for children fleeing the Syrian war, living in refugee camps in nearby countries such as Jordan and Lebanon. They desperately need help, warm clothes and blankets and winter is close. Here’s a diploma collage for the past four years: Charity Diploma's 2011-2014

How it works?

Below is a Sound Dev Charity List. The list contains companies and developers who are donating to the fundraising and who all are contacted by me when the fundraising starts. The list will grow throughout the month as new contributions are added and as I bump the developers who kindly forget. :)

Everyone is welcome to bid on the products. Bidding is done by replying to this thread with your bid $1 increment as minimum. The “ticket” to enter the bidding war is granted by raising awareness of this auction once. It could be a Twitter retweet, a Facebook share, a post on another forum, a link on your website etc. and it doesn’t necessarily have to be today but at some point throughout the month you should do so - not that your biddings in any way would be considered invalid if you don’t, but it would be a nice gesture.

I will not accept bids by PM and all bids must be made in USD. I will update once daily with the newest bids.

The charity starts now and all auctions end on 11:59:59 PM on October 31st Central European Time (CET). The CET Timezone can be seen on this page. When the charity ends I will collect the funds and send auction winner info to the companies. I will transfer the funds to Save the Children start November, posting a diploma when I receive it by mail. The English version of the diploma is on auction too. It will pride your studio wall.

​What YOU can do to contribute?​

Companies and dev’s: Donate hardware or software! Let me know what you want to donate and I will take care of the rest. There’s a maximum of 5 donations per developer so bigger bundles and packages instead of single licenses. Yes, I am greedy but it's all for the kids.
All others: Got synths and effects you don't use anymore? Donate them to the 2nd hand thread right here and help the cause.
Spread the word! Retweet the Luftrum Tweets and share the Facebook updates about the cause.
Donate using the PayPal button on the frontpage of luftrum.com

Send an email to luftrum (a) luftrum.com. To open the charity: I will donate $1200 myself. I will also donate 5 x Luftrum All Bundles containing all my soundbanks (Luftrum 1 to 12 + Luftrum Ambient 2). Also on auction is the English version of the charity diploma.

​To quote Bob Hope: "If you haven't got any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble..."

Click link to see all Sound Dev Charity List ......(also Luftrum's Refills)

Propellerhead:
Donating: Would of course love to be involved. They can put in two products: 1 x Reason 8.3 and 1 x Reason 8.3 with all Propellerhead-made Rack Extensions.
Reason 8.3. High bidder: BMoore $90.
Reason 8.3 with all Propellerhead-made Rack Extensions. High bidder: Ciberithm $200.

Have a good day and a good bid,
davidhyno

• Information