The Flat Earth Society

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Kenni
Site Admin

21 Jan 2016

Today I learned, that there's a lot of interesting debates going on over at The Flat Earth Society's Forums, between Flat Earthers and Round Earthers.

It's actually impressive to witness how much people care to go into scientific details (no irony here).

What's your thoughts on that matter?
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

craven

21 Jan 2016

my thoughts: how can people still assume the earth is flat?
:ugeek:

Kenni
Site Admin

21 Jan 2016

I think the FES is beyond assuming to be honest, they have some very thorough models, which is basically the foundation of the debate in there. There's always a few FE'ers (Flat Earthers) and RE'ers (Round Earthers) that completely miss target on a scientific level, but this happens on both sides.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

normen

21 Jan 2016

They have bullshit models that always involve huge conspiracies from NASA to all scientists in the world. If you want you can shoot a laser to the moon and measure the time it takes to come back after its been reflected from the mirror NASA left there. Let them explain that without bending and twisting actual science and adding a conspiracy on top. Sure you can make a model for flat earth, you just have to ignore everything else that makes it impossible.

tt_lab

21 Jan 2016

moneykube

21 Jan 2016

not a thing.... just a distraction
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Ostermilk

21 Jan 2016

The irony is that the FES is the clearest irrefutable proof that complete balls exist.

Lizard

21 Jan 2016

This is the only Flat Earther I can believe in.....

willowman

22 Jan 2016

Bonkers the lot of it, my favourite bits are the heavily guarded ice wall around the edge of the world to stop the oceans falling off the edge (obviously) and that old albert einstein got the whole theory of relativity all wrong :? ...flat earthers = as mad as a bag of frogs ...still, it's great fun to annoy/troll the belivers on youtube. :lol:
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

chk071

22 Jan 2016

Kenni wrote:Today I learned, that there's a lot of interesting debates going on over at The Flat Earth Society's Forums, between Flat Earthers and Round Earthers.

It's actually impressive to witness how much people care to go into scientific details (no irony here).

What's your thoughts on that matter?
As you asked about our thoughts on the matter, i think assuming that the earth is flat in 2016 is beyond insanity. And a sign that humanity is clearly degenerating, not developing.
:reason: :rebirth:

Tincture

22 Jan 2016

The art of debate and argument is interesting.

The subject matter is banal.

pushedbutton

22 Jan 2016

We have sat-nat, it works, I just checked. end of argument.....
...but, if I was to debate with a FE'er my opening question would be 'what possible benefit would come from hiding the fact that the earth is flat and perpetuating the notion that the world is round?'
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

gak

22 Jan 2016

craven wrote:my thoughts: how can people still assume the earth is flat?
The same way they assume that cassettes are better than CD's ;)

gak

22 Jan 2016

willowman wrote:Bonkers the lot of it, my favourite bits are the heavily guarded ice wall around the edge of the world to stop the oceans falling off the edge (obviously) and that old albert einstein got the whole theory of relativity all wrong :? ...flat earthers = as mad as a bag of frogs ...still, it's great fun to annoy/troll the belivers on youtube. :lol:
So you are saying the Truman Show is not real? :x

gak

22 Jan 2016

dvdrtldg

22 Jan 2016

Personally I blame the Elders of Zion

willowman

23 Jan 2016

gak wrote:
willowman wrote:Bonkers the lot of it, my favourite bits are the heavily guarded ice wall around the edge of the world to stop the oceans falling off the edge (obviously) and that old albert einstein got the whole theory of relativity all wrong :? ...flat earthers = as mad as a bag of frogs ...still, it's great fun to annoy/troll the belivers on youtube. :lol:
So you are saying the Truman Show is not real? :x
Oh, the Truman show is definitely real, but it all happened on a spherical, round, globe-shaped earth. :D
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"

4filegate

23 Jan 2016

Pizza order is definitely real - but loyalty of droids is a lie ... feed me - I'm hungry

Chizmata

23 Jan 2016

well, right here and now i cant proof that the earth is round so theyre probably right

Tumble

24 Jan 2016

gak wrote:Image

Everything is actually compressed, it's just that we can't see it because of the illuminati nano-bots controlling our brains visual system.

Last Alternative

24 Jan 2016

How do they explain ships and planes flying literally all the way around the world? From China to Hawaii, Hawaii to California, Mexico.. from Europe to America.. Is that all a conspiracy too? I mean get real you fools! haha
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

pushedbutton

24 Jan 2016

it can only be a massive trolling exercise, I see no other reason for it.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

gak

24 Jan 2016

pushedbutton wrote:it can only be a massive trolling exercise, I see no other reason for it.

willowman

25 Jan 2016

gak wrote:
pushedbutton wrote:it can only be a massive trolling exercise, I see no other reason for it.
The perfect mix of delusion/mental illness and nice boobs.

Noplan
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2016

the earth is flat because the bible told us so.

• Information