A week of Hell!

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Last Alternative

15 Jun 2016

So I got all my wisdom teeth pulled last Friday. Luckily they put me to sleep which was scary until the drugs kicked in--laughing gas and fentanyl. I halfway came to in the middle and it felt like the twilight zone and then went out like a light again. The whole thing felt like it lasted 30 seconds but it was actually 1.5 hours.
Long story short, every day has been miserable and I took the week off work. It's just been constant pain, pain killers, soft foods, listening to music, working on the album and Netflix in bed.
I'm sure a lot of you can relate. Thank God when this is over I'll never have to worry about wisdom teeth again. By the way this is crazy and rare but I actually had 6 wisdom teeth! 2 on bottom and 4 up top. The far back top ones were tiny and under my gums.
Anyway, just thought I'd share and maybe hear (read) your stories. I was so scared to get dry socket but I think I'm in the clear by now. Oh and another thing--somehow my sinus cavity got punctured so I can't blow my nose for 2 weeks. Crazy huh.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

decibel

15 Jun 2016

ouch, hope the empty spaces heal quickly man

Olivier

15 Jun 2016

Get well soon ! Sounds like quite an ordeal :( I still have mine but I'm sure the day they have to go is getting closer.

(It's weird how my brain works.. I've read the entire piece hearing an inner voice that had a mouth full of cotton.. )
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

orthodox
RE Developer

15 Jun 2016

Last Alternative wrote:--laughing gas and fentanyl. I halfway came to in the middle and it felt like the twilight zone and then went out like a light again. The whole thing felt like it lasted 30 seconds but it was actually 1.5 hours.
Ketamine feels way more unusual :idea:

plaamook

16 Jun 2016

orthodox wrote:
Last Alternative wrote:--laughing gas and fentanyl. I halfway came to in the middle and it felt like the twilight zone and then went out like a light again. The whole thing felt like it lasted 30 seconds but it was actually 1.5 hours.
Except that's acid he's holding. Not something you want to much when you're getting your teeth pulled I shouldn't think...
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

decibel

16 Jun 2016

plaamook wrote:
orthodox wrote:
Except that's acid he's holding. Not something you want to much when you're getting your teeth pulled I shouldn't think...
looks like about 9 blotter's, at an average 250 micro grams a piece your teeth are the last thing you would be worried about :) lol

orthodox
RE Developer

16 Jun 2016

plaamook wrote:Except that's acid he's holding. Not something you want to much when you're getting your teeth pulled I shouldn't think...
I meant the general idea of offering a medicine :)

plaamook

16 Jun 2016

orthodox wrote:
plaamook wrote:Except that's acid he's holding. Not something you want to much when you're getting your teeth pulled I shouldn't think...
I meant the general idea of offering a medicine :)
Yeah, I was just being a wise ass! ;)

Or here.

plaamook

16 Jun 2016

Anyway, I had my wisdom teeth crunched out two years ago so yeah, I feel your pain. Sort of. Sounds like you've got it way worse than I did though. Only the standard 4 and pretty painless. Guy did em in two trips. Left side, right side. Second trip I tried to contact mic the pliers but he wouldn't let me. Cause that was the part I found most disturbing. The crunch...

Or here.

gak

16 Jun 2016

I thought this was going to be a thread about the warriors.

and.........

jappe

19 Jun 2016

I had problems some years ago with unbearable Trigeminal neuralgia like headache with triggering points at certain spots in my face.
Turned out to probably be related to a tooth problem, even though the pain wasn't initially from the tooth.
That fifth cranial nerve...to hell with it

Last Alternative

19 Jun 2016

Sheesh! Well it's day 9. Still a CONSTANT dull pain but nothing like last week, however, still hurts and really sux to deal with it at work. On the bright side I had a checkup on Friday and all is healing well. Praise God I didn't get dry socket or infections or anything bad like that. Still hurts to brush my teeth, hustle around... I really dread eating! ..hardly been eating.. hurts to just be alive, actually lol. But it's almost over and I'll never have to deal with wisdom teeth again.
Please, people--take care of your teeth! It's excruciating if you don't. I can't imagine doing anything else like cavities/fillings, root canals, or dentures..... Oh man!

Thanks for all your support and laughs. Oh and I still have some pain killers but at this point it's more for fun. Haha
The main thing I can say to whoever is in their teens to early 20s is to DO NOT WAIT to get your wisdom teeth removed if you need them to be because when you're young, the roots aren't fully developed, thus, not as much pain, whereas if you're 34 like me and the roots are nice and deep well... The older you are the worse it is let me tell you from personal experience!
For me, it took so long due to never having a great job with very decent insurance until now. Sux.
Lastly, if anyone was wondering, I had to have them pulled since my jaw is too small for them is what the oral surgeon told me. I always thought that too.

-Jace
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

pushedbutton

19 Jun 2016

I had mine pulled while i was still young. I remember waking up from it kicking and punching so the dentist decided it was best I left. My mum and my little sister carried me down a set of concrete stairs and I came too in the car.
My dentist was an asshole. I don't even think it was all that necessary to do them while I was so young.
I feel your pain LA, it's not a pleasant experience but it will pass.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

orthodox
RE Developer

20 Jun 2016

I once had my toenails pulled in a hospital, under local anesthesia. I left the hospital and walked home, it was a mile away and I was wearing these:

I only started my way when the anesthesia began to wear off. At the halfway I wanted to fall on my knees and crawl. I got home somehow in about an hour and had not left the following week.

plaamook

21 Jun 2016

Toenails pulled under local...Jesus.
Mind you, They cracked out my teeth under local. So wish they haddn't. I just want to forget...

Or here.

adfielding

21 Jun 2016

I was told earlier in the year that I might have to have at least one of my wisdom teeth pulled in the not-too-distant future. Having read this... yeah, I'm not looking forward to that!

dagwood

21 Jun 2016

Last Alternative wrote:So I got all my wisdom teeth pulled last Friday. Thank God when this is over I'll never have to worry about wisdom teeth again.
Last Alternative wrote:Sheesh! Well it's day 9. Praise God I didn't get dry socket or infections or anything bad like that.
That's great news! It good to hear that God was able to take time away from His busy schedule of letting His followers parish in horrible ways around the world so He could make sure Jace doesn't get dry socket from a typical dental procedure. :mrgreen: :lol:

orthodox
RE Developer

21 Jun 2016

dagwood wrote:That's great news! It good to hear that God was able to take time away from His busy schedule of letting His followers parish in horrible ways around the world so He could make sure Jace doesn't get dry socket from a typical dental procedure. :mrgreen: :lol:
Ever heard of omnipresence concept? :)

dagwood

21 Jun 2016

orthodox wrote:
dagwood wrote:That's great news! It good to hear that God was able to take time away from His busy schedule of letting His followers parish in horrible ways around the world so He could make sure Jace doesn't get dry socket from a typical dental procedure. :mrgreen: :lol:
Ever heard of omnipresence concept? :)
Precisely my point, which makes the whole thing hilariously sad. Still, make-believe omnipresent deities aside, it's good to see Jace is on the mend.

willowman

21 Jun 2016

Man up dudes :puf_smile:
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

synaptyx

22 Jun 2016

plaamook wrote:The crunch...
Quite satisfying, tho. It meant the end of years of wisdom teeth torture. [emoji4]

Sent from my [emoji882]'s [emoji527]

Since Reason 1

plaamook

22 Jun 2016

adfielding wrote:I was told earlier in the year that I might have to have at least one of my wisdom teeth pulled in the not-too-distant future. Having read this... yeah, I'm not looking forward to that!
Well, you never know what you're going to get. I had no real pain at all. My wisdoms had real pansie-ass roots. First two were a cakewalk, had socket problems on the second batch which was disgusting but really, it's not that bad. I'd rather have em cracked out all over again then get food poisoning from rice for example. That really was hell.

Or here.

adfielding

22 Jun 2016

plaamook wrote:
adfielding wrote:I was told earlier in the year that I might have to have at least one of my wisdom teeth pulled in the not-too-distant future. Having read this... yeah, I'm not looking forward to that!
Well, you never know what you're going to get. I had no real pain at all. My wisdoms had real pansie-ass roots. First two were a cakewalk, had socket problems on the second batch which was disgusting but really, it's not that bad. I'd rather have em cracked out all over again then get food poisoning from rice for example. That really was hell.
Yeah, I've got a similar problem here. A part of me is curious about the possibility of having them all removed as I'm pretty sure this problem is just going to crop up again, and I'd rather get them all removed in one go than drag it out... but we shall see!

tibah

22 Jun 2016

3 still to be removed here, which is all I have. As in "well, rather sooner than later" statements involved. 30 minutes each session in theory, while one session will be dedicated to each site, so one of them is *something else*. Can't wait...

:?

Jmax

22 Jun 2016

tibah wrote:3 still to be removed here, which is all I have. As in "well, rather sooner than later" statements involved. 30 minutes each session in theory, while one session will be dedicated to each site, so one of them is *something else*. Can't wait...

:?
I got all four removed at once quite a few years ago. Got the gas and was lights out. Woke up 40min later completely dazed from the gas. My bothers girlfriend helping me down the hall, me asking when the operation was suppose to start. She let me know they'd already finished :) it's not bad at all.

Just make sure you have the pain meds codine, tylenol 3 all prepared and ready to go after. I made the mistake of not having it for a few hours. That's where the throbbing pain sets in. One tooth might not be bad but all four is more serious. Takes about a week for things to get better then your good to go.

The problem with not taking them out (according to my dentist) is that if they start shifting around or set in a certain way it can put pressure on all your other teeth which after years will give you problems and make the other more crooked.

• Information