Can anyone help me identify the Reason refills used in this track?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
spaceman

17 Jun 2016

I'm trying to identify two refills I used ages ago (I believe about 9 years ago or earlier!).

One was used for the sequences (the refill just contained several "sequence machines" (combinators).
The second one is one with nature sounds, used to create the seagull effect and the loud dark noises.

Any ideas?

bitley

17 Jun 2016

Exciting music, very Tron-ish :) Could the effects come from some of the Doru Malaia (RIP) refills maybe?

tibah

18 Jun 2016

Not sure about the effects, but maybe Doru Malaia is a good guess. Infinite Element is a rather unknown ReFill, full of nature sounds, but I'm not quite sure if it was available 9 years ago.

For "sequence machines", instantly the Flatpack ReFills come to mind. At least Flatpack 3 has these 4 Combinator "machines" that do all kind of things, including sequenced things.

I guess you don't have the Reason project anymore, so you could instantly know which ReFills are missing. :)

spaceman

18 Jun 2016

tibah wrote:Not sure about the effects, but maybe Doru Malaia is a good guess. Infinite Element is a rather unknown ReFill, full of nature sounds, but I'm not quite sure if it was available 9 years ago.

For "sequence machines", instantly the Flatpack ReFills come to mind. At least Flatpack 3 has these 4 Combinator "machines" that do all kind of things, including sequenced things.

I guess you don't have the Reason project anymore, so you could instantly know which ReFills are missing. :)
I indeed lost the original project (lost the backup disks).

"Infinite Element" does ring a bit of a bell, but "Doru Malaia" doesn't. That doesn't have to mean anything though, considering my flaky memory :)

For the sequences, as far as I remember the refill had a name that indicated that it was all sequences and nothing but sequences. But sometimes these things get re-packaged and sold under a different name or brand, so I'll check out the Flatpacks.

What I do remember is that I bought both of the refills on the Prop's website. It was around the time refills like Virology came out.

Anywho.. I'll check out the refills mentioned.

Cheers tibah and bitley (love your WBF btw)!

• Information