Think I might be bartering to get Reason 10

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
CaptainBlack

24 Jun 2016

I'm British :(

Will you take swaps?

submonsterz

24 Jun 2016

Im shure by reason ten well be back to laughing .
We was ok before and we got by under the heavy eu rule and as we brits do as allways
We will be ok from now on .
Numbers game for a bit till we once again put the great back in britain .
And think this belongs in the kitchen rather than here :thumbs_up:

Olivier

24 Jun 2016

submonsterz wrote: And think this belongs in the kitchen rather than here :thumbs_up:
Indeed, moved.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Last Alternative

24 Jun 2016

Congratulations to Britain for ridding yourselves of the new world order!
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Exowildebeest

24 Jun 2016

Last Alternative wrote:Congratulations to Britain for ridding yourselves of the new world order!
Congratulations for slowing the world economy for the coming years, and preventing urgent attention to climate change :thumbs_up:

Basically, the Brexit isn't just a waste of all our money, it also kills panda's :x

That makes me a sad panda!

Last Alternative

24 Jun 2016

Exowildebeest wrote:
Last Alternative wrote:Congratulations to Britain for ridding yourselves of the new world order!
Congratulations for slowing the world economy for the coming years, and preventing urgent attention to climate change :thumbs_up:

Basically, the Brexit isn't just a waste of all our money, it also kills panda's :x

That makes me a sad panda!
Hmm. I guess time will tell. From what I've seen the EU has only drained economies by absorbing wealth and regulating everyone to death. I hope the best for the world. And the pandas!
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

pedrocaetanos

24 Jun 2016

Actually the blame is on all european politicians, and they just blame EU for the mess they leave behind.
But then, EU is made by them, so it's also part of the mess.
But this means UK left EU, but the problems it had remain.
Politicians now lost the escape goat, let's see what's going to happen when pro-brexit voters discover what they wanted to change will not change, while getting changes they didn't want...

By the way, I'm from Portugal, and with Britain we share the oldest alliance in the world. I will miss UK in EU - problems will be harder to solve, and it's the european country I'm most fond of (after mine, of course :puf_smile: ).

I leave an article that talks about what I said (you will have to translate it, I expect :puf_smile: )
http://observador.pt/opiniao/a-falsa-es ... a-solucao/

And a comment from a british journalist that lives in Portugal (english language version in the second half of the page)
http://observador.pt/opiniao/o-meu-cora ... a-partido/
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Exowildebeest

24 Jun 2016

pedrocaetanos wrote:Actually the blame is on all european politicians, and they just blame EU for the mess they leave behind.
But then, EU is made by them, so it's also part of the mess.
But this means UK left EU, but the problems it had remain.
Politicians now lost the escape goat, let's see what's going to happen when pro-brexit voters discover what they wanted to change will not change, while getting changes they didn't want...

By the way, I'm from Portugal, and with Britain we share the oldest alliance in the world. I will miss UK in EU - problems will be harder to solve, and it's the european country I'm most fond of (after mine, of course :puf_smile: ).

I leave an article that talks about what I said (you will have to translate it, I expect :puf_smile: )
http://observador.pt/opiniao/a-falsa-es ... a-solucao/

And a comment from a british journalist that lives in Portugal (english language version in the second half of the page)
http://observador.pt/opiniao/o-meu-cora ... a-partido/
As a Dutchman I share your sentiment - it feels like being left out in the cold by an old ally, in the face of a great refugee crisis, an economic crisis, and several geopolitical crises...

I wonder, what's stopping the EU from giving all the refugees boats and just setting them loose at Calais? :lol:

pedrocaetanos

24 Jun 2016

I'm not left with resentment toward british people in general.
My opinion is that they are misleaded by the politicians and human shortsightedness - the end result is plain stupidity.
But this situation is widespreaded in europe.
I honestly believe the best for all europeans, UK included, is to try to cooperate withing what's left.
Having a revenge attitude will only make things worst, and after all, half of UK is "on our side".

EU has become an aberration. It's a bad construction, with low chances to get straightened. But it's the best we've got.
When was the last time Europe was in peace for 70 years in a row?
(I'm talking war between countries - exception made for "internal problems", such as yuguslavia events and even in EU countries, such as northern ireland or basque country)
If we want EU to be better we would have to first straighten out the internal political management of each country.

Who in here is happy with how his country is being managed by the politicians we have?
Many alternatives at sight? no, right? Some alternatives tried and failed, right?

The problem is not Europe, EU. Its decadent politicians and failing democratic systems. EU is a convenient escape goat.
Without this escape goat the next choice for that taks will be immigrants, and who knows what comes next.
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

avasopht
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2016

A failure to nurture accurate thinking will always diminish any positive possibilities of democracy and mass involvement in the affairs of the citizens.

Zac

24 Jun 2016

UK resident: I hope this works out ok. Who are we going to get as new Prime Minister? Boris!!? :shock:

Political issues are difficult to discuss ;) I'll just say that the population bias is toward older people in this country. Apologies to the broad minded oldies on this board.

^^ Just got the pop-up before posting and so have got to read avasopht's post... I think he's saying us Brits are stupid... but then I'm not so smart :?

EpiGenetik

24 Jun 2016

.....meanwhile in Scotland, everyone is talking independence, including huge numbers of former unionists, meaning it will almost certainly happen this time. Sorry to all my English friends whom I have great love and respect for, but what realistic alternative is left now?

submonsterz

24 Jun 2016

Lowlifebware wrote:.....meanwhile in Scotland, everyone is talking independence, including huge numbers of former unionists, meaning it will almost certainly happen this time. Sorry to all my English friends whom I have great love and respect for, but what realistic alternative is left now?
I'm half scot myself have huge family up there .
the only thing is take out the English land owners and other English ownership in Scotland there is not much left for you to go on with.
think too much of Scotland is owened by the English and other foreign investors etc.
I think Scotland will go pop if you go independent to be honest everything of worth is owened by outsiders .

Wook

24 Jun 2016

pedrocaetanos wrote:When was the last time Europe was in peace for 70 years in a row?
(I'm talking war between countries - exception made for "internal problems", such as yuguslavia events and even in EU countries, such as northern ireland or basque country)
Correction here. Croatia was an internationally recognised country while Serbia attacked it with a Yugoslav national army. I can't believe that people keep on harping that it was a civil war. Yugoslavia was an abomination made out of six countries where only one of them called the shots. In a very totalitarian way. It costed us Croats a lot but we are very proud that we got rid of that tumour.

orthodox
RE Developer

24 Jun 2016

Wook wrote:Correction here. Croatia was an internationally recognised country while Serbia attacked it with a Yugoslav national army.
Just the facts.
Croatia was not an internationally recognized country when the conflict began.
It was not about Croatia, but about the independence of RSK from Croatia, which Croatia refused to allow.

Wook

24 Jun 2016

orthodox wrote:
Wook wrote:Correction here. Croatia was an internationally recognised country while Serbia attacked it with a Yugoslav national army.
Just the facts.
Croatia was not an internationally recognized country when the conflict began.
It was not about Croatia, but about the independence of RSK from Croatia, which Croatia refused to allow.
On 8 October 1991, the Croatian Parliament severed all remaining ties with Yugoslavia. The Badinter Arbitration Committee had to rule on the matter. Finally, the Croatian independence was internationally recognized in January 1992, when both the European Economic Community and the United Nations granted Croatia diplomatic recognition, and the country was accepted into the United Nations shortly thereafter.

War lasted until 1995. Since your nickname is orthodox, I assume you are either Russian or a Serb.

Haha, RSK was a terrorist stronghold. They tried to make a country within a country even though they had no historical or cultural right to it. We got rid of terrorists and that's that. What was there to allow? Would you allow a gang of drunk terrorists walk into your backyard and claim that it's theirs now

orthodox
RE Developer

24 Jun 2016

Wook wrote:Since your nickname is orthodox, I assume you are either Russian or a Serb.
Sure, I am Russian.
Wook wrote:Haha, RSK was a terrorist stronghold. They tried to make a country within a country even though they had no historical or cultural right to it. We got rid of terrorists and that's that.
It is just so convenient to label unwanted people as terrorists, genocide them and force them out of their land.
Croatia had no more historical rights, it just happened to gain a republic status as a part of the SFRY.

Wook

24 Jun 2016

orthodox wrote:
Wook wrote:Since your nickname is orthodox, I assume you are either Russian or a Serb.
Sure, I am Russian.
Wook wrote:Haha, RSK was a terrorist stronghold. They tried to make a country within a country even though they had no historical or cultural right to it. We got rid of terrorists and that's that.
It is just so convenient to label unwanted people as terrorists, genocide them and force them out of their land.
Croatia had no more historical rights, it just happened to gain a republic status as a part of the SFRY.
Of course we have. We've been there for 1300 years and Serbs started to inhabit those areas in 20th century. Center of terrorist stronghold RSK, city of Knin was a place where our king Demetrius Zvonimir ruled from around 1080. It can't be more important for Croatian history. As I said, anyone who comes to our country and tries to create enclaves will be kicked out. Genocide? Croatia was never accused of genocide because Croatia never committed one. On the other hand, your orthodox buddies Serbs have plenty of those in their "history".

This a famous statement made by the father of modern Serbian nationalism, Dobrica Cosic. It says everything.

"We lie to deceit ourselves, to console others, we lie for mercy, to encourage, to hide our misery, we lie because of fairness. Lies are sight of Serbian patriotism and confirmation of our intelligence. We lie creatively, imaginatively and inventively. Lies are Serbian state interest. Lies are inside the Serbian being. In this country every lie in the end becomes the truth. Serbs got saved so many times by lies in history."

One more thing, Serbian orthodox church led a very aggressive agenda to "serbicize" the population. Those "Serbs" were Croats who took orthodoxy to evade prosecution by Turks. Catholics were killed on the spot but orthodox people were spared because they allied with Turks in their attacks on Christian Europe. Very convenient way to create ground for irredentist ideology called Greater Serbia. Serbs believe that where ever there is one Serb, that's Serbia. Well, those delusions hit them on the head more than once.

EpiGenetik

24 Jun 2016

submonsterz wrote: I'm half scot myself have huge family up there .
the only thing is take out the English land owners and other English ownership in Scotland there is not much left for you to go on with.
think too much of Scotland is owened by the English and other foreign investors etc.
I think Scotland will go pop if you go independent to be honest everything of worth is owened by outsiders .
With all due respect, it's the usage of terms like "outsiders" which has got the UK into the seriously deep shit it is now in.

Scotland is not bothered by overseas investment, no nation with a naturally low population ever would be.

Scotland, within it's borders and owned by Scottish citizens and businesses, has net assets of well over a trillion dollars! Also, if you were bothered about multinational oil companies (which we have never shown any inclination to be), or Diageo's efforts to increase it's stake in the whisky business, then you could just not give them the license to do it :) Simple - all you need is the authority to govern your own country! :D

You should be more worried about England going pop, mate, it looks highly likely when you understand the patterns of history :)

Ostermilk

25 Jun 2016

As a Brit I'm all for stronger ties to the European people but that quango in Brussels doesn't represent union between peoples anymore, if it ever did.

The UK may have done the EU the biggest service ever by issuing a wake up call because surely bigger change will come to that organization as a result than any internal negotiations would have prompted.

There's a unnerving yet clearly visible shift to the right in many member states currently because many clearly feel disenfranchised as citizens due to the federal control issued from Brussels, not as extreme as the punitive sanctions made against just one nation in a well-known treaty after WW1 which caused a catastrophic shift to the right there which resulted in the near complete devastation of Europe but nevertheless that tide seems to be rising and this time it isn't just one singled out nation.

Unless the lid comes off that pressure cooker soon I foresee momentum gathering there that no amount of un-elected bureacrats in Brussels will be able to 'control'.

I notice this morning an air of derision where I'm being cast as some 'Little Englander' right leaning thug which is a bit unfair when I enjoy the company of all my European friends, I just don't feel the need for a 'chaperone' in Brussels to oversee who I fraternise with anymore.

Gorgon

25 Jun 2016

Wook wrote: Haha, RSK was a terrorist stronghold. They tried to make a country within a country even though they had no historical or cultural right to it. We got rid of terrorists and that's that. What was there to allow? Would you allow a gang of drunk terrorists walk into your backyard and claim that it's theirs now
That's basically how the current government in Ukraine came to power. You know, the ones that should also be in the EU monstrosity, according to the EU maniacs such as Verhofstadt and van Baalen. Screw the EU. Congrats to Britain. As if it was all that bad with the "economy" before this whole circus started.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Ostermilk

25 Jun 2016

pedrocaetanos wrote:
The problem is not Europe, EU. Its decadent politicians and failing democratic systems. EU is a convenient escape goat.
Without this escape goat the next choice for that taks will be immigrants, and who knows what comes next.
Don't think for a minute that people in the UK are not aware that Cameron used the carrot of an EU referendum in the UK to gain a further term in office. Now by doing that he's seen us out of the EU, divided the UK against itself and conviently walked away from the complete mess he's made as a result.

Hopefully it all will go toward reminding people of their responsibilities in a democracy and to actually think about what they are voting for rather than falling asleep under a nice warm blanket of 'Hey, I'm alright Jack' or worse still not bothering to vote in far too many cases.

You can't even blame decadent politicians if the electorate itself is asleep at the wheel. How can it be anything to do with immigration when it's down to the sloth borne of smug complacency of those already here that causes the need for a wake-up call out of slumberland?
pedrocaetanos wrote: ... and after all, half of UK is "on our side".
Don't forget either that the other half is not by any means anti-Europe they maybe more on 'your side' than you think... ;)

orthodox
RE Developer

25 Jun 2016

Wook wrote:Catholics were killed on the spot but orthodox people were spared because they allied with Turks in their attacks on Christian Europe.
Spare me your religious tales. Turks did not persecute people for their religion, just imposed taxes. Simple occupation by Ottoman rule, nothing of the kind of Catholic expansion :). However, both Croats and Serbs started migrating towards Austria and eventually settled on new lands. Are you going to make a claim to Bosnians who took their (your) lands during the same period?

Anyway, it is not about who is good or bad, or who's on whose side. I can also mention the Nazi occupation period. It's about people's right to declare independence. Croats did not have any more right to suppress the independence of RSK than Serbs had regarding Kosovo.

Wook

25 Jun 2016

orthodox wrote:
Wook wrote:Catholics were killed on the spot but orthodox people were spared because they allied with Turks in their attacks on Christian Europe.
Spare me your religious tales. Turks did not persecute people for their religion, just imposed taxes. Simple occupation by Ottoman rule, nothing of the kind of Catholic expansion :). However, both Croats and Serbs started migrating towards Austria and eventually settled on new lands. Are you going to make a claim to Bosnians who took their (your) lands during the same period?

Anyway, it is not about who is good or bad, or who's on whose side. I can also mention the Nazi occupation period. It's about people's right to declare independence. Croats did not have any more right to suppress the independence of RSK than Serbs had regarding Kosovo.
These are not tales but historical facts. Stop reading alternative history books. I don't care about religion. I've given you an explanation of how extremely nationalistic orthodox church used it's influence to create a nation out of thin air based on religion. So, you are saying that anyone can come to Moscow and say that it's theirs now? I'd like to see that. No one with a spine would allow that, so we didn't either. We regained out territory fair and square. Serbs were offered a Z4 plan, they refused it and green light was given to Croatian army to neutralise the enemy.

What does Croatia have to with Bosnia? Croats never led conquest campaigns. It is true that during Ottoman invasion, parts of present day Bosnia were called Turkish Croatia but that's a finished story. It was ours, it's been lost long time ago and no one has tendencies to retake those lands.

Also, Croatia has 4 million people within Croatia and extra 2.5 million around the world and never ever it happened that we claimed that those lands are ours or created fictional entities within other countries.

I understand why you support your orthodox brothers because your country did the same thing to smaller countries through history. Impose your rules and try to erase nation's identity to expand territory. For example, trying to eradicate Ukrainian language. Method is called Russification and I'm sure you're familiar with it.

What I'm talking about here is something called Greater Serbia. That ideology is still very much alive in Serbia. It's based on myths and delusions and it will never come to life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Serbia

Kosovo? That was always Albanian.
Last edited by Wook on 25 Jun 2016, edited 2 times in total.

orthodox
RE Developer

25 Jun 2016

Wook wrote:Kosovo? That was always Albanian.
:lol:

• Information