Think I might be bartering to get Reason 10

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
8cros

25 Jun 2016

Wook wrote:For example, trying to eradicate Ukrainian language.
You can elaborate on this point?
What do you know yet, we can Belarusian language also exterminated? Maybe the Armenian or the Buryat language? :lol: You're talking complete nonsense IMHO.

I overheard your dispute :mrgreen:

I'm happy for the UK. All that is done, all the better. It is better to do than to say. :redface:
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

Wook

25 Jun 2016

8cros wrote:
What do you know yet, we can Belarusian language also exterminated? Maybe the Armenian or the Buryat language? :lol: You're talking complete nonsense IMHO.

I'm happy for the UK. All that is done, all the better. It is better to do than to say. :redface:
I'm talking about Ukraine here, not other countries or languages but since you're pulling my tongue.

In 1720 Tsar Peter I of Russia issued a decree in which he ordered the expurgation of all Ukrainian linguistic elements in theological literature printed in Ukrainian typographical establishments. Later Empress Catherine II of Russia issued a secret order to Count Aleksandr Alekseyevich Vyazemsky (the Prosecutor General of the Russian Empire from 1764 to 1792) in which she instructed him to institute a program of Russification for the provinces of Ukraine ("malorossia"), Livonia and Finland, "using light-handed methods". In the opinion of Vladimir Vernadsky, by the 17th century, Muscovy already had a long-standing policy to absorb Ukraine and liquidate the foundation for local cultural life. In 1862, all Ukrainian Sunday schools, numbering over 100 at the time, were abolished and proscribed. In 1863, minister of internal affairs Pyotr Valuyev issued the so-called Valuev Circular, in which he stated that the Ukrainian language never existed, doesn't exist, and cannot exist. In 1876, tsar Alexander II of Russia issued the Ems Ukaz, a secret decree banning the use of the Ukrainian language in print, with the exception of reprinting of old documents.

8cros

25 Jun 2016

Wook wrote:
8cros wrote:

I'm talking about Ukraine here, not other countries or languages but since you're pulling my tongue.

In 1720 Tsar Peter I of Russia issued a decree in which he ordered the expurgation of all Ukrainian linguistic elements in theological literature printed in Ukrainian typographical establishments. Later Empress Catherine II of Russia issued a secret order to Count Aleksandr Alekseyevich Vyazemsky (the Prosecutor General of the Russian Empire from 1764 to 1792) in which she instructed him to institute a program of Russification for the provinces of Ukraine ("malorossia"), Livonia and Finland, "using light-handed methods". In the opinion of Vladimir Vernadsky, by the 17th century, Muscovy already had a long-standing policy to absorb Ukraine and liquidate the foundation for local cultural life. In 1862, all Ukrainian Sunday schools, numbering over 100 at the time, were abolished and proscribed. In 1863, minister of internal affairs Pyotr Valuyev issued the so-called Valuev Circular, in which he stated that the Ukrainian language never existed, doesn't exist, and cannot exist. In 1876, tsar Alexander II of Russia issued the Ems Ukaz, a secret decree banning the use of the Ukrainian language in print, with the exception of reprinting of old documents.
You condemn the Russian Empire? :mrgreen:

(I'm not going to challenge your excerpts of stories. )
REASON RESONANCES

Wook

25 Jun 2016

8cros wrote:You condemn the Russian Empire? :mrgreen:

(I'm not going to challenge your excerpts of stories. )
I'm condemning any country's regime that tries to enforce culturecid and aggression on others, especially smaller nations. This Russian agenda has been going on long after the fall of the Russian Empire.

8cros

25 Jun 2016

This monarchy. Serfdom. Oath of allegiance to the crown. (Without the limitation period) We have no right to condemn it. But I understand you. I love the Indians and all that is associated with traditional America. This is my weakness.
Peace.
REASON RESONANCES

orthodox
RE Developer

25 Jun 2016

Wook wrote:In 1720 Tsar Peter I of Russia issued a decree in which he ordered the expurgation of all Ukrainian linguistic elements in theological literature printed in Ukrainian typographical establishments. Later Empress Catherine II of Russia issued a secret order to Count Aleksandr Alekseyevich Vyazemsky (the Prosecutor General of the Russian Empire from 1764 to 1792) in which she instructed him to institute a program of Russification for the provinces of Ukraine ("malorossia"), Livonia and Finland, "using light-handed methods". In the opinion of Vladimir Vernadsky, by the 17th century, Muscovy already had a long-standing policy to absorb Ukraine and liquidate the foundation for local cultural life. In 1862, all Ukrainian Sunday schools, numbering over 100 at the time, were abolished and proscribed. In 1863, minister of internal affairs Pyotr Valuyev issued the so-called Valuev Circular, in which he stated that the Ukrainian language never existed, doesn't exist, and cannot exist. In 1876, tsar Alexander II of Russia issued the Ems Ukaz, a secret decree banning the use of the Ukrainian language in print, with the exception of reprinting of old documents.
You seem to quote Ukranian historians. They also say that Ukranians have existed for 150,000 years and even digged the Black Sea to wash their clothes in it.

Look at the facts. How come that none of the nations "occupied" by Russians have ever lost their language or culture or religion? Neither Finns, nor Poles, not even Urals nations which have been under Russian rule for 500 years now. More than 100 nations in Russia still maintain their languages.

Wook

25 Jun 2016

orthodox wrote:You seem to quote Ukranian historians. They also say that Ukranians have existed for 150,000 years and even digged the Black Sea to wash their clothes in it.

Look at the facts. How come that none of the nations "occupied" by Russians have ever lost their language or culture or religion? Neither Finns, nor Poles, not even Urals nations which have been under Russian rule for 500 years now. More than 100 nations in Russia still maintain their languages.
Eh, I went down the rabbit hole in this thread. These discussions are pointless.

Apologies to everyone for polluting the thread and all the best to you orthodox.

orthodox
RE Developer

25 Jun 2016

Wook wrote:Eh, I went down the rabbit hole in this thread. These discussions are pointless.

Apologies to everyone for polluting the thread and all the best to you orthodox.
Agreed, I'm done as well. Best to you, too. Thanks for your time.

Sorry to have derailed this one, but there's another thread just on the rise: http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7495528

gak

26 Jun 2016

Wow. WTF has never been so WTF?! :lol:

Don't worry, trump is coming to fix all the problems outlined in this thread. But he's still at reason 8.3.

C//AZM

27 Jun 2016

gak wrote:Wow. WTF has never been so WTF?! :lol:

Don't worry, trump is coming to fix all the problems outlined in this thread. But he's still at reason 8.3.
And his only RE is Crapre.

• Information