All my shit keeps breaking!!!

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Last Alternative

13 Sep 2016

I want to scream! This has happened before in my life but damn! Now again. When it rains it pours......
*car had starting issues, got it fixed
*office chair went CLUNK and turned wobbly, upgraded
*room fan started squealing like a whore (sealed bearing so couldn't fix), replaced
*computer issues (see my other thread), upgraded SSD
*audio interface just now went tits up (crackles and cuts out), ordered new one
*iPhone6 charging issues, preordered the iPhone7 yesterday due to same payment amount
*need a new e-cig because the battery is wearing out

My finances are taking a midevil beating right now!
Has this period of bullsh ever happened to you? I mean I know things aren't made to last anymore like the good old days but this stuff is still current. WTF?! Must be karma.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

O1B

13 Sep 2016

Yep…

Which Audio Interface did you go with , btw?
iP7Plus here… gotta… there's lag using iOS apps on my 6 Plus. (Traktor) 7Plus should do nicely.

e-cig…? careful.. battery explosion(s)
http://newjersey.news12.com/news/vape-b ... 1.12307364
Last Alternative wrote: *audio interface just now went tits up (crackles and cuts out), ordered new one
*iPhone6 charging issues, preordered the iPhone7 yesterday due to same payment amount
*need a new e-cig because the battery is wearing out

My finances are taking a midevil beating right now!
Has this period of bullsh ever happened to you?

Last Alternative

13 Sep 2016

Ordered another Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 but got the 2nd generation this time. Didn't even know about it until today. Less latency so yay!
Scary battery video!
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Gulale

13 Sep 2016

I feel you when something goes bad it just looks like they are calling each other. But if I were you for the last one I would probably replaced it with the green medicine. :angel:
Gulale aka Bereket

yeahright31

14 Sep 2016

Wow, yes Last Alternative I've had an event like that before

WARNING RANT BELOW- (SPEAKING ABOUT A TIME ALL MY SHIT BROKE IN THE SAME WEEK)

Broke a key on my Novation MiniNova
Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 Sound card stopped working
Imac died (Although I owned it for about 5 years)
Komplete 6 stopped working when Imac Died - Wasn't compatible with Elcrapitan
My Midi keyboard was the Novation MiniNova so another annoyance.

All of this happened in the same week like you stated.

I was like well I needed a new computer
But the cost of an soundcard/ interface annoyed me most as they are not cheap-
Plus I couldn't find a replacement keybed for my Mininova anywhere online and decided to buy a Mirco Korg keybed and start the repair : (
Only to find out the small keys in the Micro Korg didn't fit. Eventually I randomly found an online store that sells the MiniNova keybed and fixed it.

I tried to avoid buying a new audio Interface/ Soundcard as the cheap ones didn't suit my needs and the expensive ones..well, expensive and hard to know which one was for me. I bought a Boss RC 505 as I love looping, also bought a Mac Mini and then it all went wrong because Boss RC 505 wasn't supported with the Elcrapitan OS, even worse I couldn't use Reason without logging into server every time for some Reason (Wifi dropped out all to often to add to the frustration) Although this is an issue I can't fix and just learned to live with. But I now still had no Audio interface/ Soundcard and at that point I bought an Teenage Engineering OP-1 & paired it with my BOSS RC 505 & was like screw computers nothing but trouble.. : )

But eventually after months of dealing with depression, I did research of what Soundcard is best for my needs and works with Ecrapitan discovered the Zoom Tac 8. Saved my arse off and bought that (Best move ever)

What a frigging struggle, so I know how it feels.
I'm at a point now where I have basically replaced every cheap shit item I own with something of Quality and I didn't care about the cost.
I was just over all the bullshit broken stuff & when I thought about it, it all came back to trying to save a dollar which was why shit broke in the first place. (Apart from old IMac that just seen it's end day at the worst time)

Sorry for the rant, but what have I personally learned from all this, screw buying cheap music gear
& Fuck Native Instruments, who don't care about their customers.

Marco Raaphorst

14 Sep 2016

shit happens. part of life.

can be hard though, but it happens to everybody. life is about what you do next.

yeahright31

14 Sep 2016

Shit does happen and will happen to all Muso, house fire, break ins, floods other elements beyond our control & wait for it....Shit just no working the way it should (Incompatible software) and shit breaking.

It's f'd up and sadly yes it does happen I agree Marco it's about what we do next to battle on.
Sometimes we learn something from the experience, I'm bitter towards Native Instruments because I spent thousands with them and it's not good enough been sent an email stating x product is compatible with x operating system when I'm seeing it clearly is not compatible and feel butt hurt because I have 2 copies of Komplete and both don't work that's $1500 I could of spent elsewhere instead i'm lied to at the end of the day. So clearly fuck em and that's the attitude I have because it's not fair, no justice, no solution, no discount offered for the bullshit..ect.

HepCat

16 Sep 2016

Marco Raaphorst wrote:life is about what you do next.
Top comment

Noplan
Competition Winner

16 Sep 2016

You are not alone. Recently I bought a car and one month later I crashed into the crash barrier. So I repaired the damange and one month later I had an engine damage. I ordered a new engine and as my car was disassembled I noticed that it was the wrong engine. Then I had enough and sold the car for scrap and bought a scooter for a month until i have a new car.

One week later the scooter wouldn't start, so i switched to the bike and then the chain got broken.

After I decided to walk I got a backache.

Real Story.

decibel

18 Sep 2016

yeah this sounds like standard procedure these days, with planned obsolescence built into most products we just have to accept it it seems, i would prefer things that were built to last personally, but unfortunately many many industries and their shareholders dont feel the same way :(

• Information