I Have Nothing to Say

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Raveshaper

24 Sep 2016

There is a certain irony in posting here. It is music-related, but it is not part of the creative process.

The more time I spend here, even reading, the less time I'm making music. That's not my passion. Reading and writing is not music, at least to me.

Also, I find that when I reflect on my contributions here, most of them have been either niche, or snide, or even cryptic. I have nothing to say.

I will not post again unless it's under these conditions.
  • I am releasing my completed project
  • I am linking a song I've made
That's it.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

Peter

25 Sep 2016

Good assessment. :thumbs_up:

Koncide

07 Oct 2016

Raveshaper wrote:There is a certain irony in posting here. It is music-related, but it is not part of the creative process.
Life is part of the creative process.

I get awesome tune ideas when I'm in the shower, making dinner, or laying in bed falling asleep more often than when I'm sat on my laptop with Reason open.

Do whatever you have to do. I like reading forums like this as they can give me ideas and they flex certain parts of my brain that come in useful when writing music.
Ambient garage vibes.

jonheal

07 Oct 2016

I feel guilty for blowing so much time here, too, but don't beat yourself up too hard. We're all only human. And within three generations, most of us and anything we've "accomplished" our whole lives will be completely forgotten.

... and on that happy thought ...
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

kuhliloach

07 Oct 2016

I have no trouble admitting that glazing over and contributing to this forum is actually part of my creative process. It is a relief from many of the stressful elements of creativity and the business of creativity. I agree it is very easy to hang out here, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Resonator

08 Oct 2016

plaamook

11 Oct 2016

Well some one has something to say...

As for the original post I sort of agree. I tend to add what I can to threads but it's usually useless and sometimes it pisses people off. That said, this place is partly social for me so I don't mind just talking shit and joking around a bit. (for the record, I don't mean any hard everyone)

As for wasting time... I don't know. I only waste time here when I'm not really in the mood to make music anyway. When I'm on a roll I dissappear and the magic happens. I think I only 'waste' time here when nothing's happening anyway. Or if I have a question. For which this place is pretty great at getting answers.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

TheGodOfRainbows

12 Oct 2016

I wanted to chime in and let you guys know that I also have nothing to say, but I'm going to say it anyway. There, I said it.

demt

12 Oct 2016

the more i attempt positive criteque the more i end up repeating myself ,stuck completely!
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

demt

12 Oct 2016

the more i attempt positive criteque the more i end up repeating myself ,stuck completely!
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

mayzon

12 Oct 2016

Those who speak less hear more! It's not necessarily a bad thing :)

Kenni
Site Admin

12 Oct 2016

Empty barrels makes the most noise, a wise man once said.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

plaamook

12 Oct 2016

Kenni wrote:Empty barrels makes the most noise, a wise man once said.
That could be taken a few different ways
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

dvdrtldg

16 Oct 2016

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:I wanted to chime in and let you guys know that I also have nothing to say, but I'm going to say it anyway. There, I said it.
I too have nothing to say. I was thinking of making a thread about it

Raveshaper

24 Oct 2016

Yeah, yeah, good one, I get it.
Got sick of saying the same thing.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

avasopht
Competition Winner

26 Oct 2016

Hmm.

I'll just say, focus on taking regular action. Time away from a task can also be productive. Reading and other activities can excite the imagination.

• Information