This world isn't how it used to be

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Voyager

14 Feb 2017

deepndark wrote:Kenni, I don't say cattle to those who know the ethics. But what should I call those who get their drug-needs from bad news?
This is where compromise comes into play. Don't be the judge on everything or don't feel to be to. Take a certain distance measurment with things that you feel are inappropriate with your life or doesn't help you to progress or simply not making you feeling daily confortable. Read what you want and learn what you want to learn and leave excessive things out and you will live more peacefully :puf_smile:

deepndark

14 Feb 2017

The bad news won't stop anyway by their own - that's why criticism is there for a reason. Remember that every family who lost their mom, dad or sister because of terrorism, may be in a mental hospital right now as a result of people not critisizing enough.

Kenni
Site Admin

14 Feb 2017

deepndark wrote:The bad news won't stop anyway by their own - that's why criticism is there for a reason. Remember that every family who lost their mom, dad or sister because of terrorism, may be in a mental hospital right now as a result of people not critisizing enough.
This has nothing to do with terrorism though - This is just a particular subject chosen by current influence. Your conclusion might be reality regardless of the cause.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Kenni
Site Admin

14 Feb 2017

Also, consider the fact that bad news will never stop, because people will never stop doing bad things.

If you want my honest opinion, I don't give two shits about terrorism when you put it next to how we systematically annihilate countless of species on a daily basis. If you want to base your level of information on statistics, don't subject yourself to news, but to actual statistics.

Media focuses on hotspots according to domestic and foreign interests (read: money), but nobody talks about how Nigeria had a very well carried out democratic election in 2015 and elected a really competent basis for a democratic government. The increase in world population isn't as explosive as reported, in fact it's nearing stalemate when you base it on a region-to-region basis. Illiteracy in India is decreasing in numbers, they're growing as a world economy, they have a successful space program. Same with Brazil, even more active than America's.

It seems you're subjecting yourself to the same popular news feeds and judge other people who do the same based on your interpretation of the validity. Worry more about the deforestation of earth, the slaughter of intelligent animals, or don't worry at all.

Edit: Just my two cents. :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

deepndark

14 Feb 2017

Kenni wrote:
deepndark wrote:The bad news won't stop anyway by their own - that's why criticism is there for a reason. Remember that every family who lost their mom, dad or sister because of terrorism, may be in a mental hospital right now as a result of people not critisizing enough.
This has nothing to do with terrorism though - This is just a particular subject chosen by current influence. Your conclusion might be reality regardless of the cause.
This thread title got a bit examples what I meant - how comes these are not having anything to do with it?

Kenni
Site Admin

14 Feb 2017

deepndark wrote:
Kenni wrote:
This thread title got a bit examples what I meant - how comes these are not having anything to do with it?
Well, riddle me this: How is terrorism a subject that is important because 1) is our greatest imminent threat (according to the media), and 2) compared to everything else happening in the world?
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

deepndark

14 Feb 2017

Kenni, you also seem to make valid points, but hey - what do I know when being chatting out with head to head connections??????

Kenni
Site Admin

14 Feb 2017

deepndark wrote:Kenni, you also seem to make valid points, but hey - what do I know when being chatting out with head to head connections??????
That's the paradox :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

deepndark

14 Feb 2017

Kenni wrote:
deepndark wrote:
Kenni wrote:
Well, riddle me this: How is terrorism a subject that is important because 1) is our greatest imminent threat (according to the media), and 2) compared to everything else happening in the world?
Because there's lots of ways to stop it and save lives as important as your's?

deepndark

14 Feb 2017

Kenni wrote:
deepndark wrote:Kenni, you also seem to make valid points, but hey - what do I know when being chatting out with head to head connections??????
That's the paradox :)
I need to ask you tho, do you know this or not?

Kenni
Site Admin

14 Feb 2017

deepndark wrote:Because there's lots of ways to stop it and save lives as important as your's?
Ok, so let's attack it from that angle.

If there's lot's of ways to stop it, why hasn't it been stopped yet? Is it 1) Because it's not easy to stop extremism, being that extremism is a mindset? or 2) there's too much money to be made on keeping the wars going, exploiting that the media is imprinting the word "terrorism" into the people on a daily basis, who then keep supporting the wars?

Who's lives are as important as yours and my life? Those lives lost to terrorism (a few, in the scale of war fatalities)? Or the lives lost "fighting" terrorism (a lot, mostly collateral damage)?

What is terrorism? If we go by the definition of terrorism, it has nothing to do with religion, only different beliefs. That could be religion, but it could also be politics, views on homosexuality and so on.

Identify the terrorists. Is it those people who kill in the name of Allah applying a very custom interpretation of the Qu'ran, or is it those who "fight the terrorists" in other countries but their own, while having "In God we trust" printed on their bills?

Is it ok to kill a White Shark because it eats a tourist that just happened to seek fun and leisure in what that particular white shark regarded as it's hunting grounds? Is it necessary to save the lives of human mankind before every other species, and if so, howcome are we so focused on terrorism that accounts for VERY low death tolls compared to something as mind numbingly stupid as pollution? Check the numbers, millions of people die each year from pollution, in so-called intelligent societies.

So tell me, if we talk about the importance of lives, how do we prioritize? By media mass-hysteria, profit, and so-called superimposed, hypocritical values fighting death with more death, and keep on fighting an institution that accounts for a very low loss of lives, or do we focus on how we run our societies and prioritize our privileges and, 1) Stop eating food and consume goods that are out of season (don't buy oranges during the winter when you live in northern europe, it needs to be imported), 2) stop deforestation and let Earth's natural resources clean the air for us, 3) stop conveyor-belt production of life-stock to feed hungry mouths, increasing both Co2 and Methane values (methane being nearly 16 times as bad as a greenhouse gas than Co2) and so on and so on.

Do you see the dilemma? This is why I couldn't care less about terrorism in a popular sense. The definition of terrorism translates, to me, into one group of people trying to set the moral standards for another group of people. There's only two things in this world that is yours, and yours only: Your time, and your opinions. Nobody can change that, but yet, we're so focused on the most hot-topic matter of the day which is about just that, all while people are dying left and right for reasons that can be attributed to people like you and I living super-privileged lives.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

deepndark

14 Feb 2017

Notice when Putin says how Iran has no nuclear weapons to attack Romania. So Putin thinks they shouldn't build a missle defense system. But why do Russians have missle defense systems themselves then? If this is the level of Russia's thinking, then how wise are people generally anyway who lead this world?

Creativemind

14 Feb 2017

Kenni wrote:
That video is great. So so true. What did we do before mobile phones?
Attachments
How We Blocked People In the 1980's.JPG
How We Blocked People In the 1980's.JPG (40.86 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

deepndark

14 Feb 2017

Kenni wrote:
deepndark wrote:Because there's lots of ways to stop it and save lives as important as your's?
Ok, so let's attack it from that angle.

If there's lot's of ways to stop it, why hasn't it been stopped yet? Is it 1) Because it's not easy to stop extremism, being that extremism is a mindset? or 2) there's too much money to be made on keeping the wars going, exploiting that the media is imprinting the word "terrorism" into the people on a daily basis, who then keep supporting the wars?

Who's lives are as important as yours and my life? Those lives lost to terrorism (a few, in the scale of war fatalities)? Or the lives lost "fighting" terrorism (a lot, mostly collateral damage)?

What is terrorism? If we go by the definition of terrorism, it has nothing to do with religion, only different beliefs. That could be religion, but it could also be politics, views on homosexuality and so on.

Identify the terrorists. Is it those people who kill in the name of Allah applying a very custom interpretation of the Qu'ran, or is it those who "fight the terrorists" in other countries but their own, while having "In God we trust" printed on their bills?

Is it ok to kill a White Shark because it eats a tourist that just happened to seek fun and leisure in what that particular white shark regarded as it's hunting grounds? Is it necessary to save the lives of human mankind before every other species, and if so, howcome are we so focused on terrorism that accounts for VERY low death tolls compared to something as mind numbingly stupid as pollution? Check the numbers, millions of people die each year from pollution, in so-called intelligent societies.

So tell me, if we talk about the importance of lives, how do we prioritize? By media mass-hysteria, profit, and so-called superimposed, hypocritical values fighting death with more death, and keep on fighting an institution that accounts for a very low loss of lives, or do we focus on how we run our societies and prioritize our privileges and, 1) Stop eating food and consume goods that are out of season (don't buy oranges during the winter when you live in northern europe, it needs to be imported), 2) stop deforestation and let Earth's natural resources clean the air for us, 3) stop conveyor-belt production of life-stock to feed hungry mouths, increasing both Co2 and Methane values (methane being nearly 16 times as bad as a greenhouse gas than Co2) and so on and so on.

Do you see the dilemma? This is why I couldn't care less about terrorism in a popular sense. The definition of terrorism translates, to me, into one group of people trying to set the moral standards for another group of people. There's only two things in this world that is yours, and yours only: Your time, and your opinions. Nobody can change that, but yet, we're so focused on the most hot-topic matter of the day which is about just that, all while people are dying left and right for reasons that can be attributed to people like you and I living super-privileged lives.
So your attitude is to mellow out our problems by not caring. How about if it's already this: www.mindcontrol.se

Kenni
Site Admin

14 Feb 2017

deepndark wrote: Notice when Putin says how Iran has no nuclear weapons to attack Romania. So Putin thinks they shouldn't build a missle defense system. But why do Russians have missle defense systems themselves then? If this is the level of Russia's thinking, then how wise are people generally anyway who lead this world?
Without making this about politics, you can apply the same discontent to other world leaders than Putin. Trump for instance. Angela Merkel. Francois Hollande. The view on Russia seen from our part of the world is very much influenced by the medias portrayal of Putin. I'm not saying Putin is a swell fella', but you won't hear me saying that Trump's a swell fella' either.

It's all in the wording: Missile Defence system. A system built to defend an area from missile attacks. Using missiles. Built only on the assumption that all-out missile warfare is just around the corner. Seems dumb, yeah?

You're still talking about popular subjects as reported by media, while at the same time voicing your critique of people's need for a "bad news fix". How did war and terrorism become more important than the thousands of lives lost each and every day due to human-related misconduct not related to neither war nor terrorism? Because people want these sudden changes of event. Reports of people dying every single day because of pollution get's boring, there's nothing like an "imminent threat" popping into your news feed out of the blue to get that feeling of excitement right back. Media knows this and it's easy to exploit. Next thing, you'll see people posting in forums online voicing their critique often followed by a video of Putin of Trump.

All of this because mostly, people are just entitled assholes complaining about other people being the exact same amount of entitled assholes.

No pun intended.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

deepndark

14 Feb 2017

Creativemind wrote:
Kenni wrote:
That video is great. So so true. What did we do before mobile phones?
That's only for people who build their lives for materialism and luxury.

Kenni
Site Admin

14 Feb 2017

deepndark wrote:So your attitude is to mellow out our problems by not caring. How about if it's already this: http://www.mindcontrol.se
No, my attitude is that people should stop "fighting" the exact same standards they set themselves. Pun very much intended!

Mindcontrol.se? Are you serious now?

I quote:
MIND TECH established to counter the ethical anarchy existing nanotechnologies invasion of the human brain (brain – computer integration), and hush-hush thinking around experiments with human sacrifice
Sorry dude, but I rest my effin' case. My advice to you would be to get out and socialize face to face and lay off the internet for a while.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

deepndark

14 Feb 2017

Kenni wrote:
deepndark wrote:So your attitude is to mellow out our problems by not caring. How about if it's already this: http://www.mindcontrol.se
No, my attitude is that people should stop "fighting" the exact same standards they set themselves. Pun very much intended!

Mindcontrol.se? Are you serious now?

I quote:
MIND TECH established to counter the ethical anarchy existing nanotechnologies invasion of the human brain (brain – computer integration), and hush-hush thinking around experiments with human sacrifice
Sorry dude, but I rest my effin' case. My advice to you would be to get out and socialize face to face and lay off the internet for a while.
I knew you didn't know.

Kenni
Site Admin

14 Feb 2017

deepndark wrote:I knew you didn't know.
This time, I'll bite.

So, according to this web site and you too I guess, a nanotechnology involving implants or so-called ICT's made to control and surveil people is a thing of existence?

If yes, answer me the following questions.
  • What basis do you have to deem these allegations to be true?
  • Do you have a substantial educational background, or otherwise technological background that supports your assertion that this is not science fiction, but factual data?
  • When a vicar of Solna states that he has identifed persons with ICT implants, and positively identifed without a doubt a person who was mind-controlled by nanotechnology, you can confirm this how?
See, for years and years, I've been an asset of a support group for people suffering from a psychological trauma. My role was to pick people up at meetings at a workshop two times a week and try to spark interest in fields associated with what I could elaborate on. For me in particular, it was about building high altitude balloons, doing electronics, teaching orbital mechanics and learn people about the physics of our solar system. A lot of those people were subjected to chemtrail or flat earth conspiracies and were very hard to talk with. They all had the same psychological profile though: PTSD from trauma stemming from participating in the war in Afghanistan, domestic abuse, extreme bullying through adolescence etc.

So my honest, non-judgemental question to you is: What's your story?
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

OldGoat

14 Feb 2017

For me it is the same as it ever was, sometimes the world is a mean son of a batch in which only the most cunning and ruthless can survive, sometimes it is a quite good place. The REASON (yeah, I still like that word) might be the fact that humanity is both the poison and the cure, the malevolent devil and the benevolent god.

deepndark

14 Feb 2017

Firstly, I am diagnosed to have a schizophrenia, which explaines most of my beliefs. At the same time it doesn't explane why there couldn't be conspiracies like this. Most theories about conspiracies die inside people, because they're to naive.

Kenni
Site Admin

14 Feb 2017

deepndark wrote:Firstly, I am diagnosed to have a schizophrenia, which explaines most of my beliefs. At the same time it doesn't explane why there couldn't be conspiracies like this. Most theories about conspiracies die inside people, because they're to naive.
True, the conspiracies exists for a reason, but how you measure the validity of them is entirely different.

I promise you, right here and now, that nano-sized computers capable of controlling the human brain does not exist There's plenty of examples of crowd control through history, just by the power of suggestion and verbal superiosity. Europe during the 30's and 40's is a good example of this.

But nano-bots, that's a no-go. There's no reason to feed the anxiety by believing these things, even though that's easier said than done.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

FATCheese

14 Feb 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:I don't really blame people (and specifically millenials) for not knowing who they are or what they want. Society sends out very mixed messages as to what we should aspire to. Work hard, but be interested in the lives of famous people who don't. Be patient, but also get everything right now because OMG it's the future! Study hard or you'll get a shit job...but don't turn your nose up at a shit job because all work is good. But don't ask for too much money for your shit job because sometimes some work is bad. Be selfless but idolise selfish people. Live within your means, but live fast and wild; go take out a loan. But don't get into debt.

This would make some great song text material!
Somebody should really adopt this text into a song form! :thumbs_up:
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

deepndark

14 Feb 2017

Kenni wrote:
deepndark wrote:Firstly, I am diagnosed to have a schizophrenia, which explaines most of my beliefs. At the same time it doesn't explane why there couldn't be conspiracies like this. Most theories about conspiracies die inside people, because they're to naive.
True, the conspiracies exists for a reason, but how you measure the validity of them is entirely different.

I promise you, right here and now, that nano-sized computers capable of controlling the human brain does not exist There's plenty of examples of crowd control through history, just by the power of suggestion and verbal superiosity. Europe during the 30's and 40's is a good example of this.

But nano-bots, that's a no-go. There's no reason to feed the anxiety by believing these things, even though that's easier said than done.
Most Americans are christians and believe in Jesus. How does this go through the pass-test more?

platzangst

14 Feb 2017

deepndark wrote:Most Americans are christians and believe in Jesus. How does this go through the pass-test more?

A better question would be: does criticism of one impossible-to-prove belief make another impossible-to-prove belief in any way more probable?

• Information