So what about Ren?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Aosta

24 Jul 2023

Just stumbled across this guy who seems multi talented and somewhat gifted in the way Eminem was but seems to be much more musically talented.
Thoughts?

Tend the flame

selig
RE Developer

24 Jul 2023

"Hi Ren" is flat out amazing IMO. I binged on him after seeing that video and was not disappointed.
He is what I would call a music artist as opposed to a musical performer (though he is also that).
Such creative writing, so emotionally raw and like his songs are a direct message from his soul.
Equally at home with a guitar or a sampled track, in the studio or on the street.
I don't know what else to call him, he's far more than just a rapper.
Check out his vocal and jazzy/soulful guitar playing on covers like I Shot the Sheriff:

It's a Man's world:

There are tons of his street busking and live performances on YouTube for anyone also looking for a deep dive…
Selig Audio, LLC

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jul 2023

Yep. Hey,Ren. Awesome.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

25 Jul 2023

I can't believe he's dumped Stimpy and gone solo. What a ratbag.

Aosta

25 Jul 2023

selig wrote:
24 Jul 2023
"Hi Ren" is flat out amazing IMO. I binged on him after seeing that video and was not disappointed.
Yep, had a binge last night and this guy is extremely talented :shock:

The guitar work on the Jenny and Screech Tales trilogy is insane especially Violet's Tale,

Also can't get these two out of my head at the moment...

Considering what he has been through in his life it really is amazing what he is creating :clap:
Tend the flame

Quarmat
Competition Winner

29 Jul 2023

From Wikipedia:

Ren Erin Gill was born on 29 March 1990, in Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales, and was raised in Dwyran, on the island of Anglesey . He taught himself to play guitar by slowing down tracks by Jimi Hendrix and John Frusciante.  He dreamed of being a musician and sold CDs of beats he made at home on his PC using Reason  when he was 12.

Aosta

29 Jul 2023

Quarmat wrote:
29 Jul 2023
From Wikipedia:

Ren Erin Gill was born on 29 March 1990, in Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales, and was raised in Dwyran, on the island of Anglesey . He taught himself to play guitar by slowing down tracks by Jimi Hendrix and John Frusciante.  He dreamed of being a musician and sold CDs of beats he made at home on his PC using Reason  when he was 12.
Yeah I saw an interview with him where he talks about using Reason, funny he said "I got hold of a copy of some software called Reason" which I took to mean he was using a cracked version bless him, probably didn't have the cash at 12 years old. :lol:
Tend the flame

• Information