Can we change ? from negative to positive and can we stick to things ?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Ichooselife

30 Aug 2023

if for for the most part we have been sensitive and negative thinkers can we completely change ?

has anyone here gone from being someone who thinks more than they act? , someone from being someone who can’t make a decision before they act? to someone who just says im doing that and going with it , im acting now

can you go from someone who knows they have potential but never really sticks to things enough to bear fruit , always letting the negatives sway and pull them down

to someone who sticks with it delaying gratification until the end result , leaving the negatives where they are never listening

it’s tiring and we shouldn’t excists like this someone has to change

therapy isn’t the answer , drugs ain’t the answer something inside needs to switch the other way

is it possible ?

Jackjackdaw

30 Aug 2023

Yes you can. But it’s hard work and some days you might think that you took 2 steps forward and 10 back. But you keep at it. Therapy can help , but it takes time and commitment, time to build a structure that can help support you. Be kind to yourself, let people in, keep at it.

Ichooselife

30 Aug 2023

Jackjackdaw wrote:
30 Aug 2023
Yes you can. But it’s hard work and some days you might think that you took 2 steps forward and 10 back. But you keep at it. Therapy can help , but it takes time and commitment, time to build a structure that can help support you. Be kind to yourself, let people in, keep at it.
therapy is out for me jake , the people were just looking at a laptop asking me questions , therapy needs to be about looking at a specific case and helping someone individually , i think they was inexperienced with someone as deep as me and probably would have helped someone much younger

no jake i’ve got to do it all on my own , these last 3 years almost have been terrible and i’m at the end of the road now usually by now i’ve started making a fight back , but im tired of falling down again every 5 or so years , i need to completly rebuild who i am and un learn a lifetimes worth of negativity

i worry about the most silliest things
and contemplate them and music everything is almost passing me by

your right i need a structure

i think that’s going to involve acoustic guitar singing

getting out more meeting more new people , exercise and healthy diet

just don’t wanna take too long figuring it out

i just wanted to see some examples of people that have done this thanks pal

Jackjackdaw

31 Aug 2023

I recently lost my best friend to suicide. I must have talked him down from the edge a hundred times over the years, other friends had done the same . Then one day he stops talking and just goes and does it. I don’t know what to make of that, except a. that if you stop letting people in then the dark thoughts will consume you and b. You have to find the light from within yourself because light from outside doesn’t go deep enough.

I hope you can find your light. Please talk to some real people about how you feel. You can turn it around but you have to keep trying.

Ichooselife

31 Aug 2023

Jackjackdaw wrote:
31 Aug 2023
I recently lost my best friend to suicide. I must have talked him down from the edge a hundred times over the years, other friends had done the same . Then one day he stops talking and just goes and does it. I don’t know what to make of that, except a. that if you stop letting people in then the dark thoughts will consume you and b. You have to find the light from within yourself because light from outside doesn’t go deep enough.

I hope you can find your light. Please talk to some real people about how you feel. You can turn it around but you have to keep trying.
i think like you said jack , talk from others is nice , but it’s the inner dialogue we have to change , the mindset the way we are feeling, like if we keep pushing a rock up the hill only for it to keep falling down again we need to find another way around , but we have learned to keep pushing that damn rock up the hill over and over even if it’s wrong , im tired now sitting at the bottom , trying to think of another way around , but that’s it i’m just sitting there now waiting not moving lol , ( the movie triangle made me think of this metaphor )

but
seriously i wanna believe that we can change

almost 3 years ago i was doing a lot better than boom

dump my girlfriend pull the curtains , hide away

messing up my teeth with soda everyday
put on 5 stones in weight ( 14lb in a stone )

and i havent moved forward with music

i had a plan to do soemthing by 40 now im 43 and that time has been wasted

don’t worry i’m not yet at the stage of your friend

but a life from the age of 15-43

(15 living with my father taking drugs like weed and then on to others is where this started )

although my 30s seemed quite free

so all this time there is soo much time wasted

and i can’t just change it for a short time

it needs to change completly or i worry

one day there won’t be a fight left in me

and i can’t never understand but that’s the stage i feel like your friends must be at

please accept my condolences for your friend

thank you and please excuse the hard way to read that i type

i’m english but my typing grammar sucks lol

Aosta

31 Aug 2023

Tend the flame

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2023

Don’t bother about the last 43 years. You’ve decided now it’s time to change. Make a list of the things you like about yourself and the things you don’t. Then discard the things you don’t and develop the things you do like. The fact that you’re saying you want change is the first step. The responsibility to do it lies in you. Be the person you want to be. Don’t regret the past. Be the person YOU want to be. And if I sound like an amateur psychologist or a self help book then that doesn’t matter either. Don’t put it off. Start now.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

bxbrkrz

31 Aug 2023

What is the meaning of your name, and you do you believe it?
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

Ichooselife

31 Aug 2023

bxbrkrz wrote:
31 Aug 2023
What is the meaning of your name, and you do you believe it?
i just random
typed anything if im
honest

Ichooselife

31 Aug 2023

MrFigg wrote:
31 Aug 2023
Don’t bother about the last 43 years. You’ve decided now it’s time to change. Make a list of the things you like about yourself and the things you don’t. Then discard the things you don’t and develop the things you do like. The fact that you’re saying you want change is the first step. The responsibility to do it lies in you. Be the person you want to be. Don’t regret the past. Be the person YOU want to be. And if I sound like an amateur psychologist or a self help book then that doesn’t matter either. Don’t put it off. Start now.
thanks figg

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2023

Ichooselife wrote:
31 Aug 2023
MrFigg wrote:
31 Aug 2023
thanks figg
No problem :). You started?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Ichooselife

31 Aug 2023

Aosta wrote:
31 Aug 2023
i’ve read that and to be honest it makes sense

but self help books are mostly for people
that are doing ok , but want a little help

and we all know that stuff deep inside dont we

, i cancelled the gym earlier
i haven’t been going and i may start another one in a few weeks

the guy was like “ why you cancelling ?
i was like mate im not on it i may come back soon

“it’s been proven now that exercise cures depression “

i know how u feel mate been there he said

the thing is when your well and you say i’ve been there
you probably haven’t as everyone’s different
and he may well have been there

but after going through stages i know what a little depressed feels like
i know what very depressed feels like

this is a whole new level im on now
i feel completly worthless and lost
devoid of all hope but a smidge

i don’t want a woman , i don’t want a job , i don’t care about losing weight anymore
i don’t care for anything

( tell a lie i care for my kids ) maybe too much
where even there failures pain me

i appreciate your boook and your help i shouldny be posting on here this shit to be honest

the last few months i’ve been doing nothing staring at a wall thinking what’s the point

i do some things like start up reason play with some sounds but it’s all pointless

that list figg at the moment reads

all negative nothing i like at all

peace and love

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2023

Right. You’ve got loads to work with then. Who do you want do be?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

jam-s

31 Aug 2023

Ichooselife wrote:
30 Aug 2023
if for for the most part we have been sensitive and negative thinkers can we completely change ?

has anyone here gone from being someone who thinks more than they act? , someone from being someone who can’t make a decision before they act? to someone who just says im doing that and going with it , im acting now

can you go from someone who knows they have potential but never really sticks to things enough to bear fruit , always letting the negatives sway and pull them down

to someone who sticks with it delaying gratification until the end result , leaving the negatives where they are never listening

therapy isn’t the answer , drugs ain’t the answer something inside needs to switch the other way

is it possible ?
Yes:

Ichooselife

31 Aug 2023

jam-s wrote:
31 Aug 2023
Ichooselife wrote:
30 Aug 2023

is it possible ?
Yes:

thank you mate i really enjoyed those videos reminds me
of school of life i’ve saved to watxh again

Ichooselife

31 Aug 2023

MrFigg wrote:
31 Aug 2023
Right. You’ve got loads to work with then. Who do you want do be?
i’m not getting positive yet fig

because i’m totally at rock bottom

but i think i’m
gonna concentrate on practising performing and recording more than producing

i quit the gym ( because frankly i’m not ready yet )

gonna get my weights out and start with 20 mins exercise in my house

gotta walk the dog more and get outside

be grateful and more kind ( even though i am a kind soul )

i think being depressed makes u seem like u don’t care about others when your being so into how you feel

stop dreaming about my son and daughter being amazing and just let them make mistakes and fail

( i feel like i’ve been putting a bit of pressure on my son in particular this week he is at an academy and didn’t get picked for a pre season friendly ( but he played last week so

yeah these a lot there

long road back hopefully tomorrow i can get started instead on lying on my sofa guzzling 2 litres of dr pepper and loads of shit

goal and diet planned of just meat or rice and water tomorrow and to go for a walk and play at least some acoustic guitar and hum a bit

it is 4am now lol so i’ll
probably wake at 11am

no i’m not working i’ve been unemployed for a little while now .

thanks figgo

• Information