MaschineR - anyone use it?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Ahornberg

09 Mar 2016

Last year I bought MachineR http://retouchcontrol.com/maschiner/ but I use it rarely. Maybe this is because I'm more visual orientated.

Does anyone here use it regularly? And what are your experiences?

groggy1

10 Mar 2016

Sorry, I don't have MachineR. But I do have Mikro Machine (MK1), and I use it with reason all the time. I just put it into "MIDI Controller" mode, and then use the editor to control the CC of each pad. For me, I'm VERY happy using it that way. But it's just a 1-way MIDI connection, so not very fancy...

Ras Keita

10 Mar 2016

I've owned it and RetouchDuo for awhile (a few years) I've always had issues with it. The whole install process is a pain, the fact you're suppose to be able to use it hard wired and in all actuality you can't, WiFi has latency the I find unacceptable. Having to utilize third party components. I also have a problem with their support there is none, send an email they get back to you. To say the least I'm not a satisfied user/owner, matter of fact it's not even installed.

Ahornberg

12 Mar 2016

Ras Keita wrote:I've owned it and RetouchDuo for awhile (a few years) I've always had issues with it. The whole install process is a pain, the fact you're suppose to be able to use it hard wired and in all actuality you can't, WiFi has latency the I find unacceptable. Having to utilize third party components. I also have a problem with their support there is none, send an email they get back to you. To say the least I'm not a satisfied user/owner, matter of fact it's not even installed.
Yes, the setup drives me away. Maybe I will write my own Maschine template and my own Remotemap script...

aburazaru

12 Mar 2016

Oh, I remember MaschineR! What are you actually trying to do though? That may help somebody help come up with a cool solution for you. I, for one, use a maschine studio controller and maschine as an audio input to reason. It takes a little tweaking and some midi/audio routing wizardry to get it done, but I love it. Maschine's massive library and easy sequencing on the device got me hooked.

Edit: I see you already bought it, my bad, reading is hard! Sorry about that!
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

Ahornberg

13 Mar 2016

aburazaru wrote:Oh, I remember MaschineR! What are you actually trying to do though? That may help somebody help come up with a cool solution for you. I, for one, use a maschine studio controller and maschine as an audio input to reason. It takes a little tweaking and some midi/audio routing wizardry to get it done, but I love it. Maschine's massive library and easy sequencing on the device got me hooked.

Edit: I see you already bought it, my bad, reading is hard! Sorry about that!
I'm haven't used Maschine as an audio input ... my question was about using only the hardware controller to control Reason and not the Maschine software. But using Maschine's sound capabilities seems to be worth a try :thumbs_up:

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

23 Mar 2016

MaschineR looks pretty good, we've got Studio and from playing with Maschine 2.4 we can see the need for similar controls for other softwares... Reason most definitely can be a great tool with Maschine being one of the controllers too. Will review it once we get MaschineR sorted (musy with other projects at the mo)

ejanuska

05 Jul 2016

I bought it. Its OK.
I don't think I'll use it very much.
I just ordered this
https://www.editorskeys.com/products/au ... -keyboard/

Vyckeil

06 Jul 2016

ejanuska wrote:I bought it. Its OK.
I don't think I'll use it very much.
I just ordered this
https://www.editorskeys.com/products/au ... -keyboard/
Jesus that keyboard is so ugly it made me gag. Why not just buy a decent mechanical keyboard with RGB lighting instead?

ejanuska

06 Jul 2016

Vyckeil wrote: Jesus that keyboard is so ugly it made me gag. Why not just buy a decent mechanical keyboard with RGB lighting instead?
Cause I like the Reason shortcuts?...

Vyckeil

06 Jul 2016

ejanuska wrote:
Vyckeil wrote: Jesus that keyboard is so ugly it made me gag. Why not just buy a decent mechanical keyboard with RGB lighting instead?
Cause I like the Reason shortcuts?...
You can just assign different colors to the different keys. You also have the advantage of changing the template depending of which software you use.

And you know, having actual mechanical switches which are superior in many regards. But that depends on the person, some people don't like them all that much. I used to type 40 hours a week and having a mechanical keyboard was a godsend.

ejanuska

07 Jul 2016

Vyckeil wrote: You can just assign different colors to the different keys. You also have the advantage of changing the template depending of which software you use.
I would still have to remember what color goes with which shortcut. Its the same as memorizing a letter. If I was going to memorize all that I wouldn't want anything beyond a standard keyboard.

F already its obviously not for you, that doesn't mean it won't work for me and others.

• Information