Headphone Recommendation

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
sumusik

10 Nov 2016

slightlyprog wrote:
selig wrote: As for "breaking in", sometimes this makes a bigger difference, sometimes not much at all. It takes time to break in, so you won't really notice the change unless you compared to a brand new pair. The good news is you don't have to actually wear them while you break them in. The bad news is by the time they are broken in you probably can't return them!
Well, after doing some Googling I can see that there are fakes going around. I will say though, if they are knock-offs they are perfect in appearance, but then it's certainly possible because the packaging and other differences were pointed out several years ago, so they could well have sharpened-up those details. I have put in a return request with the seller, which is a UK based Ebay seller. I read lots more reviews and the conclusion I am inescapably coming to is that it is completely impossible that this pair sounds like they're supposed to because the hyped highs are so extreme, and I see so many reviews where they only just say how great they are and that just doesn't add up. If they all sounded like these then EVERY review would be commenting on the piercing crazy highs, I cannot stress enough that it is not a subtle thing :puf_smile: Anyway, I'm just going to cut my loses right now.

Once again and for the record, there's just no way that what I received are genuine and in spec, they are either defective or they're knock-offs. :puf_unhappy: So anyone considering the 7506s, don't take my impression as a reliable guide, what I have must surely not be representative.
If that is indeed the case, I hope you get your money back! If you are able to, you should visit a pro-audio store, bring some of your tunes, and try them out in there. At least you would know that the phones are real and if they suit your needs or not. Can always purchase them elsewhere if you like them. Good luck!

slightlyprog

10 Nov 2016

sumusik wrote:
If that is indeed the case, I hope you get your money back! If you are able to, you should visit a pro-audio store, bring some of your tunes, and try them out in there. At least you would know that the phones are real and if they suit your needs or not. Can always purchase them elsewhere if you like them. Good luck!
Yeah, if I think again about getting some other phones that's what I'll do. I got the 7506's based on the massive amount of glowing comments about them on line. I'm quite happy with the HD540s and they were very expensive back when I got them, I just wanted something else for another perspective on the mixes and also something more enclosed. But now I won't be in a big rush to get anything else straight away, so we'll see.

Bloma

07 Jan 2017

So I got the AKG712 Pro 1-2 months ago and they are fricken awesome. So much detail, and so insanely comfy. Have definitely improved my mixes, but still need to use monitors of course.

txh003

07 Jan 2017

Bloma wrote:So I got the AKG712 Pro 1-2 months ago and they are fricken awesome. So much detail, and so insanely comfy. Have definitely improved my mixes, but still need to use monitors of course.
Good choice!

I am a big AKG mic and headphone fan. The AKG K712 Pro is my favorite set of headphones in my collection and I always recommend them on forums and to friends. However, for a lower cost option, the AKG Q701 Quincy Jones signature model, which I also own, are highly comparable to the AKG K712 Pro.
:reason: :record: :recycle: :rebirth: :reload: :re: :refill:

• Information