How difficult is Moog Mavis to build?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
mimidancer

15 Apr 2023

I am thinking about integrating the Moog Mavis into my Eurorack. I have been wanting to add a wavefolder. I was looking at the intellijel bifold. But for just a little more I could get the Mavis. It would add a voice, mult, attenuator, and SH. I am competent to install modules into the rack, but I have never assembled one. Are these kits difficult to build? Is it just clicking stuff together or do I need a degree in engineering? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

BonsaiMacKay

16 Apr 2023

No soldering needed, if I am not mistaken. It comes with a few screws and nuts and that's all.

DaveyG

16 Apr 2023

mimidancer wrote:
15 Apr 2023
I am thinking about integrating the Moog Mavis into my Eurorack. I have been wanting to add a wavefolder. I was looking at the intellijel bifold. But for just a little more I could get the Mavis. It would add a voice, mult, attenuator, and SH. I am competent to install modules into the rack, but I have never assembled one. Are these kits difficult to build? Is it just clicking stuff together or do I need a degree in engineering? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
It looks trivial to build to me. It probably doesn't matter in your application but be aware it does not have MIDI of any sort - a glaring omission imo. They sell it as a desktop synth that you can optionally integrate into a eurorack but as a standalone some people are going to be scratching their head.

mimidancer

16 Apr 2023

DaveyG wrote:
16 Apr 2023
mimidancer wrote:
15 Apr 2023
It looks trivial to build to me. It probably doesn't matter in your application but be aware it does not have MIDI of any sort - a glaring omission imo. They sell it as a desktop synth that you can optionally integrate into a eurorack but as a standalone some people are going to be scratching their head.
Thanks, i have several things that convert midi to cv and gate. Thanks again for your time and information.

mimidancer

16 Apr 2023

BonsaiMacKay wrote:
16 Apr 2023
No soldering needed, if I am not mistaken. It comes with a few screws and nuts and that's all.
cool, thanks

Faastwalker

19 Apr 2023

Check out this Moog Mavis video from Robin Vincent. He goes through the whole thing, including assembly.

mimidancer

21 Apr 2023

Faastwalker wrote:
19 Apr 2023
Check out this Moog Mavis video from Robin Vincent. He goes through the whole thing, including assembly.

the wavefolding is not CV-able? That is a dealbreaker for me. Thanks.

• Information