Pusher...

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
reason.fan

19 Apr 2015

Hye

I've discover this thing (thanks to Drez) in another thread.
is there other users here ?
Is it easy to navigate between tracks in a song ?
Are the key shortcuts editable of fixed ?
I've seen the video of the product but some things are not inside.
Thanks by advance

Eric

EnochLight

19 Apr 2015

reason.fan wrote:Hye

I've discover this thing (thanks to Drez) in another thread.
is there other users here ?
Is it easy to navigate between tracks in a song ?
Are the key shortcuts editable of fixed ?
I've seen the video of the product but some things are not inside.
Thanks by advance

Eric
do you have a link to what you're talking about?  Or do you mean Ableton Push?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

reason.fan

19 Apr 2015

Sorry !
Here is the link:
http://www.retouchcontrol.com/site_page.aspx?pageid=50

Push for...Reason :-)

GRIFTY

19 Apr 2015

wow that's pretty awesome. If I could find a discounted push I might consider it now. Does the software have support for the new remoteable redrum?

DanielK

19 Apr 2015

works nice! To Grifty! Yes it does support the new redrum!

EnochLight

20 Apr 2015

DanielK wrote:works nice! To Grifty! Yes it does support the new redrum!
Wow - really?  They've updated it already?  Why the hell wouldn't they make an announcement about that?  There's absolutely nothing on their product page, nothing here.. not even anything on their social networking channels...

I mean, cool they've updated it and all though.

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Leighbeater

20 Apr 2015

The thing that was missing from Pusher was a sequencer set up

if its true that they have updated the Redrum aspect I might have to check it out

reason.fan

20 Apr 2015

Hye
Is it really easy to swap from track to tracks ? (not too many manipulations ?)
are shortkeys editable ?

Jed

22 Apr 2015

Hi all,

I was talking to the developer yesterday (22/04/15) asking him if I had the latest version of the app, and he told me that he is adding the ReDrum remote sequencing capability at present and hopes to have it to all users by the end of the month (it's currently in Beta)

That will take pusheR to version 1.1

By the way pusheR is awesome :)

To answer questions from above:

- You can select different tracks from any page by pressing Push's shift + Up/Down cursor keys
- The only mod I have done is to tie the 'Return to zero' command to Push's 'New' button (the button above Rec). I find this way quicker than pressing shift and Play.

Cheers
Jed

Jed

23 Apr 2015

Update

Retouch 1.1 has just dropped which includes remote control of Redrum  :)

Cheers
Jed

reason.fan

04 Jan 2016

Hey
I 'm thinking of buying it.
other recent users advices here ?
thanks

DeltaHotelVictory

04 Jan 2016

I use it and am enjoying it a lot. Twisting knobs and pushing rubber buttons feels more natural to me than mouse & keyboard. It allows me to focus more on my ears instead of the computer screen.

All rack extensions that I use are supported quite nicely. The controls are usually operated by the pots at the top of Push and the buttons below the screen. Somehow they are grouped logically for each rack extension, which makes it possible to produce music comfortably and almost entirely without using mouse & keyboard. If you have Push and Reason, I would say this is a no brainer.

And no I am not affiliated with Retouch Control in any way...

BTW I think there are a lot of Push 1s on second hand markets available ATM because many people are selling it to finance Push 2s.

iramrezso

06 Apr 2016

I've just recently ran into PusheR2.
Is there a list of the supported REs? Is it expected to be extended continuously?
Checked the promo video, and I noticed significant latencies between Reason and the Push 2. Is it present in use or just a video editing issue?

Zerosity

06 Apr 2016

They need a serious update for REs released within the past year. You can still control them with the pads in key mode though, just no advanced changes. I've been meaning to start my own maps, but real life has gotten in the way and I've hoped they'd update the maps on their own.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

iramrezso

07 Apr 2016

In the meantime I've grabbed PusheR2. While it's a great effort, I have to say that I find the stuff far from comfortable, especially compared to Panorama P4. So I count this buy as a donation to the developers hoping that they will improve this software :)
The feedback is really slow on Push, but fortunately only by device/view changes. I also don't like that I have to switch to Clip view in order to navigate in the transport bar with the locator. And I very miss the option of jumping to the left/right loop marker.
If you enable the view change in the Settings (which brings Mixer/Device/Transport view to focus by selection) ensure that you're in Reason when pressing those buttons otherwise you may accidentally refresh the page in the browser or start debugging in Eclipse, depending what software is active when you press the button :)

Eurikon

07 May 2016

hi all,

does PusheR also have the automatic note scale mode , as in Live ?

cheers :puf_smile:
★ --------------------------------------- ★
https://www.youtube.com/c/Eurikon
https://eurikon.bandcamp.com
https://instagram.com/eurikon_music

Sinistereo

07 May 2016

I have Push 2 (and PusheR2). It has full scale support. The interface is different than Live but the same features are there.

Here's the manual for PusheR2:
http://retouchcontrol.com/wp-content/up ... 1.0.0-.pdf

I'm finding Push 2 to be a game-changing interface. I find it to be intuitive and inviting, and I love it! PusheR2 makes it play almost as nicely with Reason, minus the ease of creating tracks, beats, and patterns (using Push with Live, you can literally create and mix an entire track without touching the computer). I'd be happy to answer any questions I can - a month in, I'm still learning!

Eurikon

16 May 2016

Sinistereo wrote:I have Push 2 (and PusheR2).... I'd be happy to answer any questions I can - a month in, I'm still learning!
i can't get the step sequencer grid for redrum to work, i followed the instructions as explained in #7
but i don't see the steps running in the sequencer quadrant.
Even after programming a sequence in Redrum itself on the laptop, i see the samples being triggered, but no running sequence on Push2.
I have STEP selected in the screen of Push.
However most selectors have this symbol: ~
only: RUN, ENABLE, RES - are lit in STEP

any ideas?

Sinistereo

16 May 2016

Sorry, I can't help with that one. I'm still on R7.1, awaiting R9 to upgrade, so no Redrum pattern Remoting for me. Have you sent the devs an email?

Eurikon

17 May 2016

Hi, yes i got message back from dev. It is a problem related to Reason versions below <8.
I too still am on 7.1.1
Will be updating once 9 is out.

Zerosity

17 May 2016

Must be nice to get a response from the dev. I sent them a request 6 months ago about additional remote files for newer REs and haven't gotten a reply.

I've been too busy with work, but I've accepted that I'll have to create my own remote files at this time. I just wished they'd at least respond to say they don't have the bandwidth to keep up with the RE releases or something.

DoubleStop

30 Dec 2016

oooh! Ouch.. I just bought and installed PUSHer2 and .. I do like it very much..

However I have discovered one apparent and serious drawback I am hoping can be surmounted! Pusher2 does NOT share with other controllers or MIDI Keyboard devices! Normally Reason (9 in my case) does a great job of sharing controllers and devices quite well once they are set up.. but it looks like PusheR2 effectibely blocks every other device.

I would really like to have Push2 with it's PusheR2 interface AND also be able to drive some Reason Instruments with my 88 key keyboard! Does anyone know if there is a work around for this?

Jeff

Catblack

30 Dec 2016

DoubleStop wrote:oooh! Ouch.. I just bought and installed PUSHer2 and .. I do like it very much..

However I have discovered one apparent and serious drawback I am hoping can be surmounted! Pusher2 does NOT share with other controllers or MIDI Keyboard devices! Normally Reason (9 in my case) does a great job of sharing controllers and devices quite well once they are set up.. but it looks like PusheR2 effectibely blocks every other device.

I would really like to have Push2 with it's PusheR2 interface AND also be able to drive some Reason Instruments with my 88 key keyboard! Does anyone know if there is a work around for this?

Jeff

I don't have a Push or Push2, (though I drool at the PushR interface.) Just curious if you are using the same midi port with your other keyboards? I have several devices in reason, but they are all using different midi ports, and everything works in both directions with all of them, the way Reason (and Remote) was designed to do. That's not the case with PushR? Doesn't it use a java app to handle the communication with the physical device?
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

• Information