Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2016

dopplereffect wrote:Just wanted to show some love for this thread. one of the most useful resources on a blog that i've seen in a long time. actually rt just rocks so....

thanks again for these mappings!!!
Thanks for your feedback, please have a read of this thread and if you like it please comment on the idea, maybe admins will take interest then.

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7494076

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2016

Photoindra wrote:Just stopping by to say (while twisting knobs on Acid filter with one hand):
Thank you guys for all these remotemaps. Panorama is such fun to use. And you all helping bring that fun back to new REs.

Thanks for your feedback, please have a read of this thread and if you like it please comment on the idea, maybe admins will take interest then.

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7494076

Regards
The current mapping team...

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Jun 2016

zvork Oberon mapping.

V1.1
PanoramaOberon.txt
(61.38 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Most of the controls can be mapped to either the Main Knobs or Faders or Upper Knobs.

There is a Fader\Knob and Random option on every page, remember when in the Fader screen, Toggle/view and Toggle/Mute buttons switch between the fader views of "buttons" to "upper knobs".

There are 3 menus, 1 main(Top) and 2 sub (Upper knobs and Faders)
Main(Top) selects what is mapped to the main ch Knobs
Upper Knobs, ones above the Faders selects what is mapped to them knobs.
Faders selects what is mapped to the Faders

Quick select. The "Fader Buttons" are mapped to the following menus so by pressing them will select the main knobs (ch knobs).
Button 1 = OSC 1
Button 2 = OSC 2
Button 3 = Filter 1
Button 4 = Filter 2
Button 5 = LFO's
Button 6 = Matrix
Button 7 = Mixer
Button 8 = Mixer Page2

Menu Top (Default Menu)
OSC 1
Unison
Filter 1
LFO
Matrix
Global
Mixer
Mixer pg2
Global
*Amp Env

Note: The menu option "*Amp Env" this is a special option as this maps to the Faders and Upper knobs and leaves the ch knobs blank. The Faders control the Amp envelope levels and the knobs the Amp durations.

Menu Upper Knobs and Menu Faders have the same options
OSC 1 pg1
OSC 1 pg2
OSC 2 pg1
OSC 2 pg2
Unison
Filter 1
Filter 2
Mixer Main
Mixer pg2
Global
LFO 1
LFO 2

Note: I could not get the Modifier to work with Faders or the upper Knobs !!!!

Known issues what nothing I believe can be done, between the RE and Nektar the mappings are 1 to 1 only, so if you select OSC 1 for Top, Upper and Faders at the same time only one set of controls is mapped and the others would be blank...
Once you select another sub menu or go back to the top menu, you have to select the menu again to make your selection.
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 22 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2016

Players for Reason 9 mapped.
PanoramaPlayers.txt
(12.89 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
With the Dual Arpeggio knob 1 is mapped to Gate Length and the Fader Buttons are mapped to toggle options.

TChandler

22 Jun 2016

Hi all, this is Tim Chandler from Nektar.

Wow, it's great to see so many users getting involved in custom mapping for Panorama! I wanted to let you know that we have just released an update with a simplified method for mapping rack extensions.

Importantly for all of you, existing maps and everything provided through this thread are still supported and you can continue to work on new maps in the same way moving forward.

The big problem we wanted to solve is that unless a rack extension is listed in the remotemap, Panorama/Impact can't see it. This is unfortunately the nature of the remotemap system, so we needed to find a solution for faster turn around of maps.

The new 'standard mapping' format allows us to generate more simplistic but still very useful maps for new rack extensions very quickly. As such, we will be able to release updates in a more timely manner and everyone benefits from instant access to any automatable parameter on new rack extensions.

You'll probably notice that it also makes editing mapping for new rack extensions far easier too. The standard maps link parameters by numbers based on a control list rather than name so it's much easier to modify existing maps.

Many thanks for all your support!

Regards,

Tim

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2016

TChandler wrote:Hi all, this is Tim Chandler from Nektar.

Wow, it's great to see so many users getting involved in custom mapping for Panorama! I wanted to let you know that we have just released an update with a simplified method for mapping rack extensions.

Importantly for all of you, existing maps and everything provided through this thread are still supported and you can continue to work on new maps in the same way moving forward.

The big problem we wanted to solve is that unless a rack extension is listed in the remotemap, Panorama/Impact can't see it. This is unfortunately the nature of the remotemap system, so we needed to find a solution for faster turn around of maps.

The new 'standard mapping' format allows us to generate more simplistic but still very useful maps for new rack extensions very quickly. As such, we will be able to release updates in a more timely manner and everyone benefits from instant access to any automatable parameter on new rack extensions.

You'll probably notice that it also makes editing mapping for new rack extensions far easier too. The standard maps link parameters by numbers based on a control list rather than name so it's much easier to modify existing maps.

Regards,

Tim
Thanks for the update Tim, checking it out now... :thumbs_up:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2016

Can anyone else confirm, I see issues with the new remotemap file it self.

Just by opening and saving it the size of the file changes.

I see issues around the new player mappings (not the mappings it self).

If I copy any of the player's code to wordpad, it pastes as just one line !!!
After just opening and saving the file (Panorama.remotemap) I noticed the player's code collapses down to one line (see above)!!
however if I copy the original player's code and just paste it back in place (i.e. hightlight the code, copy then paste) the code explodes putting in an extra line between every line!!!!

Ref the standard maps link parameters by numbers, going forward I do NOT think this is a good thing, yes you can map quickly over a template, however you still have to add labels manually and if you revisit your code, you will be jumping about trying to work out what number is what parameter!! and if you don't add labels, see the noteecho mapping for example (the new one not mine as mine is cool LOL) if you look at the buttons for steps 9 to 16, 8 of the buttons are called Step1 (due to truncation) .

There is however one good thing about the ctrl numbers, they can be mapped at the same time, at the moment if you map a control more than once you get an error about it already mapped in that scope. Why would you want to map one control more than once, from my a couple of my mappings I have been trying to give the customer a choice if say they want to map OSC1 to "Ch Knobs" or Faders or (upper) Knobs, however if they try and map say OSC1 to all 3 places at the same time, only the "Ch Knobs" mappings will show and the others will be blank, using the ctrl numbers they will work from all 3 places, why would anyone want to do that, I don't have an answer for that one but from my point of view it looks neat for the customer !!!!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2016

Note Oberon map updated (v1.1)
Moved the OSC "motion tempo sync" when on a fader or upper Knobs to a button.

iramrezso

22 Jun 2016

I've installed the update and firwmare Nektar has released for R9.
P4 is buggy by Players. It often does not recognizes some button presses. For example when navigating back to Scals&Chords from a different instrument, it ignores the "Chords" button. I have to press a different one (maybe "Add") twice to be able to use other buttons again.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2016

iramrezso wrote:I've installed the update and firwmare Nektar has released for R9.
P4 is buggy by Players. It often does not recognizes some button presses. For example when navigating back to Scals&Chords from a different instrument, it ignores the "Chords" button. I have to press a different one (maybe "Add") twice to be able to use other buttons again.
Replace the players with our mappings.. If you need instructions just shout out..

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2016

iramrezso wrote:I've installed the update and firwmare Nektar has released for R9.
BTW the firmware has not been updated.

Emian

22 Jun 2016

Regards,

Tim
Hey Tim, i'd like to to thank you for the efford...

just a few remarks about the "automapping" ...:

i had a "template" i made myself for Rob Papen's Quad RE; where rotaries 1 & 3 were filter 1 & 2's cutoff; & rotaries 2 & 4 were the resonances of both filters.... (the faders 1-8 were indeed Amp & Filter Env's...)
rotaries 5-8 i assigned to the phase-distortion/wave-shapers ammounts (since thats important in the synth....)

The new Nektar "automap" assigned rotary 1 & 2 to filter 1 & Resonance (cool) ; but rotary 3-8 to all kinds of controls of OSC 1 ...... ONLY THAT .... (no phase-distortion controls, wave-shapers, no OSC 2, no ...)

i like the automap idea, just not worked out good yet i guess....

besides that ; anyone got a good remotemap for Parsec, using all X-Y rotaries? for me it's still ,not supported in the last update....

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2016

Emian wrote:
besides that ; anyone got a good remotemap for Parsec, using all X-Y rotaries? for me it's still ,not supported in the last update....
Maybe I'm missing something here but the Parsec is mapped out with all the X-Y rotaries..

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2016

Emian wrote:i had a "template" i made myself for Rob Papen's Quad RE
We have one on this thread (think it's page 7) but why not post your template here too so others can use it.
(but have a look at the one posted and see if it meets your needs or even exceeds them?)

TChandler

23 Jun 2016

Emian wrote:
The new Nektar "automap" assigned rotary 1 & 2 to filter 1 & Resonance (cool) ; but rotary 3-8 to all kinds of controls of OSC 1 ...... ONLY THAT .... (no phase-distortion controls, wave-shapers, no OSC 2, no ...)

i like the automap idea, just not worked out good yet i guess....

Thanks for the feedback. The 'automapping', is really a kind of script that analyses every parameter of the RE to map the envs, master volume and filter cut/res. The rest of the params mapped are the first available to the RE.

I'm planning to evolve this script ofcourse but as you can imagine just getting to a stage where envs, filter and volume automatically map on every subtractive synth available was quite a bit if work ;-)

In the meantime, you can easily edit the parameter numbers on the home page directly in the remotemap, and be sure to keep backups for future updates (which can be far more regular now!).

The other feature the standard map gives you is access to any parameter you want from the hardware - a feature we call 'grab'. Grab is a temporary assignment for any control. Hold SHIFT on Impact/Panorama, move parameters on the active RE with the mouse, then release SHIFT and move the controls on the Nektar hardware to override their defaults.

So if you wanted to modify the mod env using faders 1-4 for example, hold SHIFT, move the ADSR params with the mouse, let go of SHIFT and move faders 1,2,3 then 4.

Unfortunately grab must be temporary at present, you cant save the new mappings - this is a limitation of the remote SDK.
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
After just opening and saving the file (Panorama.remotemap) I noticed the player's code collapses down to one line (see above)!!
however if I copy the original player's code and just paste it back in place (i.e. hightlight the code, copy then paste) the code explodes putting in an extra line between every line!!!!

!!!!
Sounds like line ending is formatted for macs, which could happen if the map was edited on OSX rather than windows. You could try using 'Programmers Notepad' rather than wordpad as I believe that will adjust line endings.
Carly(Poohbear) wrote: Ref the standard maps link parameters by numbers, going forward I do NOT think this is a good thing, yes you can map quickly over a template, however you still have to add labels manually and if you revisit your code, you will be jumping about trying to work out what number is what parameter!! and if you don't add labels, see the noteecho mapping for example (the new one not mine as mine is cool LOL) if you look at the buttons for steps 9 to 16, 8 of the buttons are called Step1 (due to truncation) .
!!!!
Yes the custom maps are far more powerful which is why the custom map technology remains in place. The simplified nature of the standard maps means more users will be able to edit them to select the parameters they want as defaults.

Thanks for the heads up regarding the labelling truncation for the steps.

iramrezso

23 Jun 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
iramrezso wrote:
Replace the players with our mappings.. If you need instructions just shout out..
Thanks, I may give it a try.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2016

TChandler wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

!!!!
Sounds like line ending is formatted for macs, which could happen if the map was edited on OSX rather than windows. You could try using 'Programmers Notepad' rather than wordpad as I believe that will adjust line endings.
I only use Windows and used Wordpad in this case as that is something everyone who uses Windows has.

For programming (scripting really) I actually use vbsedit as you can save your own code snippets, so I have the "ch Knobs", faders, knobs, buttons, menus, labels and more all as separate code snippets and call them in with a simple right mouse click when I need them, really helps making maps fast.

Really am surprised that no one has come up with a frontend, that way the community could really help you as the code would be uniformed and easy to checkout and then could be released, did think about doing one my self, still may :)

OverneathTheSkyBridg

24 Jun 2016

Regards,

Tim
Hey Tim thanks for the update! I was wondering if the loss of macro controls in El Capitan will be solved or is even possible to solve?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

geronimo

26 Jun 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
Emian wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something here but the Parsec is mapped out with all the X-Y rotaries..

+1 : I confirm Pooohbear findings .

@Tim Chandler: many thanks for the driver's update and especially, the improvements for the Redrum . :puf_smile:

TChandler

27 Jun 2016

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote: Hey Tim thanks for the update! I was wondering if the loss of macro controls in El Capitan will be solved or is even possible to solve?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
This will be solved it's not a dead end, but we have to completely rewrite this feature as it requires the driver currently. We had to go fully class-compliant with El Capitan as a proprietary driver doesn't play well.

arqui

02 Jul 2016

Sorry Necktar developers, the new system of pages, is very confusing and impractical.
It will be very easy to program future Re's but does not for use, (is only my opinion....)

I delete some lines and replace with poobear´s & lizard´s lines that they are infinitely better...
Thanks poohbear, lizard, barryevil and others, without you there would be no light.
Last edited by arqui on 03 Jul 2016, edited 1 time in total.
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

dagwood

02 Jul 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Players for Reason 9 mapped.
PanoramaPlayers.txt
With the Dual Arpeggio knob 1 is mapped to Gate Length and the Fader Buttons are mapped to toggle options.
Hello,

I just bought I Panorama P4 and want to use your maps instead of the ones that Nektar Tech just updated. But when I go into my Notepad, there's a bunch of info that seems different compared to other Remote maps posted (The Begin and End of Script stuff, etc). Do I copy and paste all contents from your file at the end of my "Panorama.remotemap" file?

Thanks!

dagwood

02 Jul 2016

BarryEvil wrote:A mapping for the McDSP FutzBox
Hello,

This map is not working correctly. When you change patches, the "Sim Type" display incorrectly on the Panorama's display. The name seems to stay 1 name behind.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2016

dagwood wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Players for Reason 9 mapped.
PanoramaPlayers.txt
Hello,

I just bought I Panorama P4 and want to use your maps instead of the ones that Nektar Tech just updated. But when I go into my Notepad, there's a bunch of info that seems different compared to other Remote maps posted (The Begin and End of Script stuff, etc). Do I copy and paste all contents from your file at the end of my "Panorama.remotemap" file?

Thanks!
Notepad is not the best thing to use as you can lose the white spaces (tabs etc).

I use vbsedit due to it's snippet features, Professional Notepad is a popular one.

Anything with a // is a comment, I use the Begin and End comments as it easily identifies the mapping when merged with the main mapping file (some mappings are over 1000 lines long).

Yes you can just add the mappings to the end.

Note: Please remember to remove the existing mapping if it exists in the Panorama.remotemap file if not you will get duplication errors (Red cross next to the controller, the Info button will tell you want errors you have).

arqui

04 Jul 2016

Hi all
there is someone working on the Ph Drummer´s series?

regards
Alfredo
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

• Information