BIGWIG ! Outstanding Software old Bean

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Majestik Monkey

23 Mar 2016

http://www.bitwig.com/en/2ndbday :puf_bigsmile:

Lol You guy's should be called [ BIGWIG ] The Nu Elephant in the room of the Daw committee wink emoticon

Wook

23 Mar 2016

I think BW will be a major player very fast. I also got a 50 Euro voucher from them to spend in U-he shop.

Theo.M

23 Mar 2016

until it has vertical track resize in the arrange page and some other basic features, as well as a good time and pitch stretch algorithm, it's still bitshit to me.

They could offer 5 free products and it wouldn't be worth it.

Interesting how SOS review picked up almost all the poor points about bitshit,all but the crappy stretch quality. at least they had the guts to talk about it openly.

Revise

28 Mar 2016

I agree with the bad timestretching, it totally handcuffs Bitwig. What good is the ability to mess with clips when it always sounds crap?

Benedict
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2016

I think it seems to flow pretty nicely and the synth and Modulation set up is lovely. Sure there are some less complete features but you can't have everything in one place, esp when that place is not fully built yet. I'm with Mr Monkey and if Props drop the ball I could see my future in Bitwig.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Theo.M

28 Mar 2016

Revise wrote:I agree with the bad timestretching, it totally handcuffs Bitwig. What good is the ability to mess with clips when it always sounds crap?

especially since they PURPOSELY decided not to add rewire! So it's bitshit's stretch or no stretch.

I don't think i ever hated a daw as much as bitshit. Creeper is a close second, but honestly there's no other daw i could say i actually hate.

• Information