Reason's Timestretch better than Melodyne

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Ahornberg

15 May 2016

I'm sitting here correcting the timing of an acoustic guitar track. I started out in Melodyne and now I'm back in Reason. Melodyne added too much artefacts (and it has too many options to do simple tasks).

CookieClimber

15 May 2016

Reason has great stretching, but melodyne excels at pitching though

avasopht
Competition Winner

15 May 2016

Ditto, they're two very different tools.

Did you put melodyne into percussive mode? That might give you better a time stretch sound.

Ahornberg

15 May 2016

avasopht wrote:Ditto, they're two very different tools.

Did you put melodyne into percussive mode? That might give you better a time stretch sound.
maybe I try that next time

Reasonistas
RE Developer

15 May 2016

CookieClimber wrote:Reason has great stretching, but melodyne excels at pitching though
For now. :puf_bigsmile:
I have Melodyne and agree they are two different tools, but did you ever notice this:
Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 10.43.08 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 10.43.08 PM.jpg (41.42 KiB) Viewed 1425 times
Of course adding a pitch bend automation lane to an audio track doesn't actually do anything in the current version, but it was put there for a "Reason". :puf_wink:
ImageImage

qoreybeats

16 May 2016

hopefully Reason 9 makes your dream come true.

Ahornberg

16 May 2016

Noel G. wrote:
CookieClimber wrote:Reason has great stretching, but melodyne excels at pitching though
I have Melodyne and agree they are two different tools, but did you ever notice this:
Of course adding a pitch bend automation lane to an audio track doesn't actually do anything in the current version, but it was put there for a "Reason". :puf_wink:
you can route pitch bend and other midi automation to an insert effect on the audio channel

CookieClimber

16 May 2016

and by the way. which software do u use and have to use melodyne for stretching? I thought all DAW's had their own feature implemented by now... Melodyne is not really made for that, I think.

Ahornberg

16 May 2016

CookieClimber wrote:and by the way. which software do u use and have to use melodyne for stretching? I thought all DAW's had their own feature implemented by now... Melodyne is not really made for that, I think.
Yes, but pitch corrections and tiny timing corrections often went hand in hand :roll:

avasopht
Competition Winner

16 May 2016

Ahornberg wrote:
CookieClimber wrote:and by the way. which software do u use and have to use melodyne for stretching? I thought all DAW's had their own feature implemented by now... Melodyne is not really made for that, I think.
Yes, but pitch corrections and tiny timing corrections often went hand in hand :roll:
Yes but pitch correction requires an entirely different method, so the timing correction function when using the pitched algorithm may still make use of the pitch correction algorithm.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

16 May 2016

Ahornberg wrote:
Noel G. wrote:
you can route pitch bend and other midi automation to an insert effect on the audio channel
Yes, but you can't bend or automate the pitch of an audio track.
ImageImage

Ahornberg

16 May 2016

Noel G. wrote:
Ahornberg wrote:
Noel G. wrote:
hm ... Neptune und Polar come into my mind ... or loading the audio into a sampler and then apply pitch bend

Reasonistas
RE Developer

16 May 2016

Ahornberg wrote:
Noel G. wrote:
Ahornberg wrote:
Noel G. wrote:
hm ... Neptune und Polar come into my mind ... or loading the audio into a sampler and then apply pitch bend
Okay, it seems we're talking about two different things here. I'm talking about automating the pitch bend of a recorded audio clip directly in the audio track lane. Currently you can only transpose audio clips up or down in scale.
ImageImage

Ahornberg

16 May 2016

Noel G. wrote:
Ahornberg wrote:
Noel G. wrote:
Ahornberg wrote:
Noel G. wrote:
Okay, it seems we're talking about two different things here. I'm talking about automating the pitch bend of a recorded audio clip directly in the audio track lane. Currently you can only transpose audio clips up or down in scale.
You're right. A pitch slide on an audio clip is not possible.

• Information