Korg NanoKontrol2 and NanoKontrol

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
apostlethirteen

08 Jun 2016

So I am wondering, is there a way to setup these to control the main mixer ONLY and do so, having banks, so a button can jump 9 faders at a time.
As we all know, having cheap solutions to expensive problems is great.

If ANYONE has tips, notify me!

Name: Ricky Neff
Reason 8.x.x - 9
:adapted: :re: :refill: :rt:

jam-s

08 Jun 2016

You could write a matching Remote codec and map for this.

carlosedp

21 Jun 2016

You could lock the NanoKontrol2 to the Master Section and use the Track buttons to navigate the pages on it.

You could even use my modified mapping that have soft-pickup for the faders and pans (soft pickup means that the value is only changed when the button passes the current control value). Get it on https://github.com/carlosedp/Reason-Kor ... ol2-Remote

Step 1: Open 'Options' menu
Step 2: Select 'Surface Locking'
Step 3: Choose 'Korg NanoKontrol 2 where it says 'Surface'
Step 4: Choose 'Master Section (Master Section)' (or any other mixer device in your project) where it says 'Lock to Device'
Step 5: Close Window

If you want to, create a blank project, do the locking and save the project to use as the template to all your songs.

Carlos

Saxplayerz

29 May 2018

Is there an original Nano control version of that soft pickup reason mapping software?

16BitBear

29 May 2018

I have the original Nano Kontrol and use EditEd4TV's remote files.

https://sellfy.com/p/cNUZ/

Ostermilk

29 May 2018

I've got a similar little controller called iControls by iCon and managed to edit a matching codec for it based on the NanoKontrol2 codec which works so I would imagine you could do similar for the original NanoKontrol if you know what each button and slider midi maps to. (MidiOx can help here if your manual doesn't show what each control outputs).

Don't ask me how I did it though as it was awhile ago and a one off foray into the subject. I occasionally update device maps to those original files. I don't remeber it being that difficult to do though, so rolling you own seems like the best option.

• Information