Just wanted to say thanks to this community..

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Lunesis

18 Mar 2015

Hi guys,

Just thought I would say thanks for making this place a success after two months of being in existence. Sure, I can rent some forum software, set it up, and get some mods together to keep things clean and organized, but it is you guys who keep the place feeling alive. It is you guys who, with all of your combined knowledge and expertise, make it so that every question gets an answer. It is you guys who contribute to every discussion with your own unique perspectives, while keeping things civilized and mature. It is you guys who keep things fun and entertaining with your personality and sense of humor. Things have slowed down a bit since our inception in mid January when the PUF shut down, but are still rolling along at a fair pace and I think that is the way it should be.

This place is for talking about Reason first and foremost, but it is also equally about preserving the community and friendships that we all built up over a decade, and that is why I decided to jump when this opportunity presented itself. In my mind we have proven that it is possible to have a forum where flaming and trolling isn't the norm, and that people can be respectful even when they have wildly different opinions. I think that compared to most internet communities out there, we are pretty exemplary. Thanks again on behalf of me and the mod team for being here and helping us push the Reason community towards the future. If you know any Reason users that haven't joined yet then please spread the word.

:s0826:

Benedict
Competition Winner

19 Mar 2015

Its been a pleasure being here.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Julibee

19 Mar 2015

I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

gak

19 Mar 2015

I feel very fortunate to be here.

A lot of class so far :)

raymondh

19 Mar 2015

Hi Brent

A big thanks to YOU for taking the initiative to create and drive this forum. The success of the forum so far has been down to what you created, and you and the mod team do in supporting the discussions.

This reminds me a bit of business. I think the front line staff of any company give away the culture of the company and that reflects on the leadership of the company. We have two local pet shops - one where the staff are always happy and tripping over themselves to engage and help, and the other one where the staff always make you feel like you're between them and closing time. Similarly you and the moderation team are the leadership of this forum. You and the moderation team have created this positive culture, I've seen one instance of you interjecting to gently realign one thread that was going slightly off the rails and the way you did it was gracious, and everything has remained positive.

So kudos to you, and kudos to the moderation team!

I've said before a big part of what makes Reason my DAW tool of choice is the fantastic user community and I'm really appreciative you've brought the community back together here in this great forum.. so thanks!

cheers
Raymond

Last Alternative

19 Mar 2015

You're welcome. I don't think PH ever once thanked us for supporting their forums. In fact quite the opposite by trashing it and turning their website into a commercial LOL!
I love it here.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

littlejam

19 Mar 2015

hello,

a super big shout out to all involved!

big up mod team and users!

wouldn't be here without you!

long live reasontalk!

:s0826:

j

littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

Arsenic

19 Mar 2015

Thanks for giving us a place to call home, Brent.
Pretty much like the PUF, I don't tend to post much, but unlike the PUF, I find it has a much more relaxed atmosphere here.

Still, ███████████████████████████ and ███████████████████████, but ███████████████████ as well as ████████.
Anyway █████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████, including ██████████████████.

At least you don't censor our posts, unlike some forums I've been a member of.

Gaja

19 Mar 2015

Last Alternative wrote:You're welcome. I don't think PH ever once thanked us for supporting their forums. In fact quite the opposite by trashing it and turning their website into a commercial LOL!
I love it here.
Dude...
At some point, years down the road, you'll stop all of a sudden and realize how incredibly smooth the transition has been. That thing happened three months ago, but you still can't appreciate what you have without pointing out your dislike for a bunch of people you've never ever met in person...
That's not to say you're not entitled to hate whoever you like, I just felt like pointing out that this thread is here for praise of the community.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Djstarski

19 Mar 2015

we should be thanking you my friend , i`ve noticed its places like this forum that keeps me going . 

thank you once again my friend  :s0221:

Emian

19 Mar 2015

yea, its US that should thank YOU, mr. Lunesis !

:)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Last Alternative

19 Mar 2015

I don't hate anyone, Gaja.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

eusti

19 Mar 2015

Thank you for taking charge and creating a space for us to be at! :)

D.

zeebot

19 Mar 2015

Julibee wrote:Image
Classic!! :)
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

EnochLight

19 Mar 2015

It's great to be here; many thanks to Lunesis and all of the mods for making it possible!

Attachments
feels_1.gif
feels_1.gif (1.05 MiB) Viewed 2426 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Gaja

19 Mar 2015

Last Alternative wrote:I don't hate anyone, Gaja.
Yes I'm sorry I have problems sleeping recently, so my cognitive abilities aren't very accessible to me right now. I apologize for implying stuff that probably don't make a lot of sense.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Jagwah

19 Mar 2015

Yeah thanks to everyone - mods and contributors and even the lurkers.

I would be lost without this place, not only for very important answers to questions I have, but also for friendships, laughs, and a common passion for an amazing piece of software. <3

PSoames

19 Mar 2015

For absolutely no reason whatsoever, this thread needs a song about a lower case 'n.'

JNeffLind

19 Mar 2015

I'll add my thanks, and for what I've contributed, you are welcome.

selig
RE Developer

19 Mar 2015

Speaking of random videos of cute animals and the alphabet, here's something from a guy named Dave who posses a totally warped sense of humor - he also makes electronic music! 

DEFINITELY NSFW!!! (you have been warned)
(my favorite is "D"…)

Selig Audio, LLC

Ecopro

19 Mar 2015

I would like to say, thanks Brent for keeping the spirit of the old PH forum alive here, and without all the spam too. :)

To everybody else, thanks for making this a great community experience. 

Guts Electronic Mayhem

Gorilla Texas

19 Mar 2015

Much better than the PUF.

psychasm

19 Mar 2015

Thank you for seizing the opportunity and hope it continues in the same way as it in now.

RhysHuntley89

19 Mar 2015

Julibee wrote:Image
:D

I haven't posted much so far, as was the case with PUF, but I love it here and stop by most days :)

Long may ReasonTalk continue!

Llama Chops

19 Mar 2015

I'm like Rhys, I don't post much but gain a lot of info from you guys. Thanks one and all and a big thanks for setting up such a great forum without (fingers crossed) the batch attitude that pervaded the last place, it's all about the music to me, not faceless personalities so this place is a breath of fresh air.

• Information