8.2 issues

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
rvman

05 Apr 2015

My Number One Rule is to NEVER UPDATE WHILE WORKING ON A PROJECT.

In other words, if you are in the middle of recording songs for your next CD or you have a not finished song, then DO NOT UPDATE until all is finished.

I did the update because I'm not in the middle of any projects right now. And I haven't uninstalled the previous version of Reason yet either. Which is my NUMBER TWO RULE.

I don't uninstall any previous versions for at least a month or two (sometimes longer) just to be safe.

I'm about to record a new song and so I'll be able to try out 8.2.
Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

syncanonymous

06 Apr 2015

I am in the middle of scoring several pieces and updated, I wanted the colors, man! Plus, I was having horizontal scroll issues that seem to be sorted now. I backed everything up before carrying out the upgrade too.

Regardless of what I did, I agree with you rvman, that is sound practice. It is just that sometimes the workload is such that upgrading has to be carried out. My sessions went better after the upgrade to 8.2, so I m glad I did:-)
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

der B.

06 Apr 2015

rvman wrote:My Number One Rule is to NEVER UPDATE WHILE WORKING ON A PROJECT.

In other words, if you are in the middle of recording songs for your next CD or you have a not finished song, then DO NOT UPDATE until all is finished.

I did the update because I'm not in the middle of any projects right now. And I haven't uninstalled the previous version of Reason yet either. Which is my NUMBER TWO RULE.

I don't uninstall any previous versions for at least a month or two (sometimes longer) just to be safe.

From 8.2 we get Auto-Updates.... im interested how you handel your rules after update! No kidding .... how?

jappe

06 Apr 2015

der B. wrote:
From 8.2 we get Auto-Updates.... im interested how you handel your rules after update! No kidding .... how?
I hope the auto-update is possible to configure like "skip it", "download but don't install" etc.

EDIT:Ah...it's no problem:
"
  • Reason will now automatically detect if there is a newer version available, and optionally download and install this."
https://www.propellerheads.se/download/ ... _8_fixlist

selig
RE Developer

06 Apr 2015

der B. wrote:
By not clicking on the update button - just ignore it until you're ready to update! 
:)

Selig Audio, LLC

rvman

06 Apr 2015

If I can't control it or work around it then I either don't worry about it or move to something else.

(After I get REALLY mad of course. LOL)
Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

• Information