For Reason 7 Users, What feature will make you to upgrade to Reason 9?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
VOLCANIC

28 Sep 2015

Most of DAW's I know have De-Esser device which in my view is very very standard device that every DAW that support audio should have

I know that we do have Selig de-esser device but still it should be included In Reason 9 as free device.

Again this is a standard device for it to be sold seperatly
Volcanic Music

MannequinRaces

28 Sep 2015

VOLCANIC wrote:Most of DAW's I know have De-Esser device which in my view is very very standard device that every DAW that support audio should have

I know that we do have Selig de-esser device but still it should be included In Reason 9 as free device.

There's already a de-esser combinator in the factory sound bank.

VOLCANIC

28 Sep 2015

No that is a Patch my friend not a de-esser just like other patches you find like female vocals, male, multiband compressor etc. I am talikng about a dedicated de-esser device NOT a patch
Volcanic Music

Makis

28 Sep 2015

1. Automatic Delay compensation is top priority for me. I want to throw in a rack extension without thinking about latencies.

2.Automation Curves

3.A zoom feature for the rack or a way to make each device bigger.

joeyluck

28 Sep 2015

VOLCANIC wrote:No that is a Patch my friend not a de-esser just like other patches you find like female vocals, male, multiband compressor etc. I am talikng about a dedicated de-esser device NOT a patch
Well many de-essers work in different ways. And many work similarly as that included patch.
It will be hard to beat the flexibility and approach of the Selig DeEsser, so personally think an attempt by Propellerhead would be counterproductive. They have an offering in the FSB. There is a better offering in the shop.
And if de-essing is something you need, you can purchase a RE without passing the cost (by including it with Reason) onto someone else who A) doesn't need it or B) already has the Selig DeEsser. Some of the compressors in the shop also claim to do some de-essing...
It's the advantage of the flexibility provided by having Rack Extensions we can buy or not buy.

Alkua

28 Sep 2015

VOLCANIC wrote:Most of DAW's I know have De-Esser device which in my view is very very standard device that every DAW that support audio should have

You can do a De-Esser with the SSL comp Filtering the lows And just compressing the highs Freq.

popp

29 Sep 2015

Rewire master, notes/copy to track (for specific REs), import video...
Super Dabbler

plaamook

29 Sep 2015

1)Audio editing/Sequencer
2)Sample loading

I'm not going anywhere until audio editing and the sequencer gets sorted out. I'm not going to list it all, we all know what's wrong with Reason's audio editing. And along with that, the GUI on the new R8 sequencer is crap on a 13" screen. Just loads of bars to click on all over the top, lots of wasted space when all I want is be able to see what I'm working on. Probably great if you're on a big screen/multiple screens but I'm not. Lots of people aren't.

I might jump if samplers get an overhaul/RE sample capabilities. That's been a long wait.

Pretty much everything offered in R8 has been useless to me and the new squencer and finder window are actually moving backwards for me. Shame really. So its pretty much a deal breaker. If R9 is good, great. If its shit, I'm gonna keep Reason on as a beat engine and move house.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Gorilla Texas

30 Sep 2015

I was going to upgrade to 8.4 but working in it this past weekend only brought frustration. Im not giving PH anymore of my hard earned money till I see some major improvements. Full recycle integration,markers for starters. I need to see some stability and clear direction from this company before I spend another dime.

Raveshaper

30 Sep 2015

For now, I am perfectly happy developing my own new features. From what I have seen, everything beyond 7.1.x is broken by comparison.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

DNA Apocalypse

04 Oct 2015

1-An new combinator with more knobs, buttons and sliders.
2-A new propellerhead stock synth (propellerhead is the insanely great at developing beautiful rock solid synthesizers).
3-A new color scheme not so rainbowish and more digital like fl studio or protools.
4-And 4th place since there is no way it will ever happen.......VST SUPPORT....lol had to throw it in anyway!
5-A stock multi-band compressor. (5th since you can already make one yourself, but the folks at propellerhead are better)

That my wishlist for Reason 9!
DNA-LABS-SOFTWARE.COM :reason: :refill: :re:

plaamook

06 Oct 2015

[quote="Gorilla Texas"I need to see some stability and clear direction from this company before I spend another dime.[/quote]

I feel the same. Seems like the whole things kinda flapping around these days. We'll see I guess...
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Jagwah

06 Oct 2015

Gorilla Texas wrote:I need to see some stability and clear direction from this company before I spend another dime.
plaamook wrote:I feel the same. Seems like the whole things kinda flapping around these days. We'll see I guess...
I'll second that motion, Props don't vibe with me anything like they used to, far from it actually.

Reason 7 FTW!!

dustmoses

07 Oct 2015

:idea:
plaamook wrote: I'm not going anywhere until audio editing and the sequencer gets sorted out. I'm not going to list it all, we all know what's wrong with Reason's audio editing. And along with that, the GUI on the new R8 sequencer is crap on a 13" screen. Just loads of bars to click on all over the top, lots of wasted space when all I want is be able to see what I'm working on. Probably great if you're on a big screen/multiple screens but I'm not. Lots of people aren't.

I might jump if samplers get an overhaul/RE sample capabilities. That's been a long wait.

Pretty much everything offered in R8 has been useless to me and the new squencer and finder window are actually moving backwards for me. Shame really. So its pretty much a deal breaker. If R9 is good, great. If its shit, I'm gonna keep Reason on as a beat engine and move house.
Damn they made the sequencer smaller? I'm on 6.5 and it's already small as hell on my laptop screen. I was gonna get 8 in a few months, guess I'll wait till 9 and hope it's fixed or stay with 6.5.

joeyluck

07 Oct 2015

Sequencer smaller? Not sure where you are getting that. We now have the zoom feature which makes things a breeze to edit.

Ostermilk

07 Oct 2015

It actually being released might influence my decision depending on what the specs actually end up being, until then I'll probably just stick with what I'm using.

I guess I'm just old fashioned that way, but it does mean I never end up being disappointed or feeling compelled to buy something new for the sake of it.

Most of the wishes I've seen on this thread have already been fulfilled by some other package anyway yet despite chopping and changing with other apps over the years Reason has remained the only constant for me and dare I say it, it has imporved considerably over that same time period. Doubtlessly the vapour that is currently Reason 9 will bring further improvements or at least some changes if and when it becomes manifest in our reality amd I'm pretty confident I'll be looking into what it has to offer.

Perhaps a time will come where I'm just happy with one killer app, but that hasn't arrived yet despite how long I've been waiting for it. But generally I use what the heck I like and I'm happy to report that most of the time I'm liking what I use.

btw whatever happened to Windows 9?... :geek:

mrj1nx

07 Oct 2015

I'll buy it on day one pretty much no matter what features it will bring, got so many new RE's that R7 feels like R12 already, but I want the new R8 features as well. (Got into 7 at a bad timing so didn't feel like jumping on 8) I've waited this long so I might as well wait until 9 appears, a pretty long wait... I'm really hoping for upgrades to the stock devices. Sample loading into Malström, new units inside thor, maybe even an update of the Envelope Controlled Filter with more modes etc. Wouldnt hurt to update the looks a bit on some of the oldest devices as well. I never use Malström or Subtractor for example, partly because it feels so damn old, I used them like 10 years-ish ago. As someone might have mentioned, an updated more userfriendly sampler that got all the features of Kontakt for example to make it easier for porting refills such as for example Shreddage 2.

Creativemind

07 Oct 2015

Alkua wrote:There are a lot of users that are good with Reason 7, so I just want to know what feature or functionality will make you to upgrade.

Also, Reason 8 users may stay in reason 8 when Reason 9 came out. So what you really want Reason 9 should have to do the upgrade.

This is NOT a wish list, It is a MUST HAVE list to upgrade Reason

In my case:

1. Automatic Latency compensation
2. Better sequencer
What do you mean by better sequencer? I would like Themes which I created a thread about on here. Themes in the preferences so you can change the overall theme of reason, therefore the rack and sequencer backgrounds could be part of the theme as in colour and also the sides of the rack. Maybe the rack part might not work colourwise, who knows but that's what I would like, this obviously isn't a biggy over much more needed audio/midi features etc, just a nice little touch.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

dana

07 Oct 2015

1.They have to update the samplers with timestretching (keep duration even when changing pitch)
2.They need to have blocks in a live setting, with smooth tempo-based syncing. Also, changing blocks using a dropdown sucks, they need to fix that too, it should be pads, which could then be assigned to an external device.
3.They need to update the synths to support wavetable import/sample scanning.
4.Video support - with some simple fx controllable via cv so we can overlay waveforms onto videos - and also allow rack extensions for video fx.
5.Allow audio loops to be loaded directly into octorex.

With these 5 features, it would be unstoppable software.

ps.
Browsing loops within reason from discover, then click to load into octorex.

I actually think they should do away with the sequencer and build it into the rack, so we can have multiple independent sequencers. And the ssl mixer then could just go in as part of the rack.

mbfrancis

07 Oct 2015

I realize this thread is directed at R7 users, but as someone who recently upgraded to R8, and hadn't planned to (a friend had an upgrade, gave it to me for cheap), it is impossible for me to overstate how huge of an impact the new browser has had to my workflow. Not only is it faster, but I use drag/drop constantly, and it's very well-implemented. The drawbacks - e.g., not being able to 'audition' a bunch of patches - are more than made up for by this improvement. Add convoltion reverb and and superior Softube Amps I would absolutely recommend R8.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

mrj1nx

07 Oct 2015

mbfrancis wrote:I realize this thread is directed at R7 users, but as someone who recently upgraded to R8, and hadn't planned to (a friend had an upgrade, gave it to me for cheap), it is impossible for me to overstate how huge of an impact the new browser has had to my workflow. Not only is it faster, but I use drag/drop constantly, and it's very well-implemented. The drawbacks - e.g., not being able to 'audition' a bunch of patches - are more than made up for by this improvement. Add convoltion reverb and and superior Softube Amps I would absolutely recommend R8.
Good points! Im really looking forward to these upgrades, I just feel like 9 is probably around the corner. If they would simply announce a date like summer 2016 then I would probably cave in right now and get R8.

exe135

07 Oct 2015

- Video Support inside Reason

- Meta Combinator

- Midi Clip Launch, better Tools for Live Performance and Patch changing than the Combinator

- Rewire Host

- Multitrack Recording via different Midi Channels and Advanced Midi Interface!!

Jagwah

07 Oct 2015

dana wrote:4.Video support - with some simple fx controllable via cv so we can overlay waveforms onto videos - and also allow rack extensions for video fx.
Puuuuurrrrrrrrffffffect! <3

Tumble

08 Oct 2015

- Freeze track with revert to MIDI
- Faster MIDI and audio editing: Less cumbersome tool window, consolidated MIDI tools into a single smart-tool (see: Live9)
- Better use of screen estate, especially with the bottom bar. Let me customize that like in Logic or something, because it's mostly just wasted space.
- New matrix sequencer
- New Redrum. Or Merge it with Kong.
- Notes to track for REs

I'm on 8

submonsterz

08 Oct 2015

get rid of the reason eight interface and go back to reason 7 lovely interface (reason 8 looks and feels shite). or a way to change it back to classic look pre r6 and post r5 ie look like 5 or like 6 - 7 or 8 upwards( theming).
back to the browser being floating window bolted sucks such a backwards downgrade as is.
rewire master.
individual master and per track spectrum views at same time if chosen.
selectable group faders (to be able to pull down etc selected faders at once).adding this as people might come back with use busses yeah but I want on the fly non bussed selections I can do this with for speed !!. busses are hard wired once made and selecting individual tracks out of the bus and elsewhere at same time total different thing .
audio editing to take it at least above the basic level available elsewhere (reasons audio editor is so not even touching basic for 15-20 years back)
all stock devices updated ( a must shouldn't have to rely on buying re to fit this need reason boasts all in one production suite then make it an updated all in one suite).
per track pdc.
new combinator id personally like a more modular one that can just grow add button add dial add fader add programmer slot per instrument /device function.
better midi editing.(including chords and scales function).
midi in/out device to be full midi not some half hacked job at least add sysex dumps etc etc etc.
modular stock eq with dynamic input functions as standard.
better mixer filters and slopes.
real editable cross fades in audio.
more time strectch modes.
upgrade path of sdk into previous and coming versions.

• Information