R8 Transport Buttons

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ljekio

10 Dec 2015

I don't really like the interface R8 sequencer after R7, but it's a private matter.
But the concept of keys transport even more strange.
The main thing is that I can't understand - why the loop button is huge, while the tap tempo button sometimes don't get the mouse?
Click level is a center of transport bar composition and is the brightest of controls, but who use it every day?

Vince-Noir-99

10 Dec 2015

Yeah the click level, I have never touched..
I find really helpful to have all (or almost all) transport functions linked to some key.
Especially tap tempo... In my opinion it feels much more natural to press a key instead of clicking.

ljekio

10 Dec 2015

Vince-Noir-99 wrote: Especially tap tempo... In my opinion it feels much more natural to press a key instead of clicking.
Yes, keys binding is more usable. But in the Reason tap tempo was useful with mouse too. Before R8.

challism

11 Dec 2015

The size of the tap button is one of the dumbest changes I have seen Props ever make. It was very stupid to shrink this button down so tiny that you can hardly click on it. Meanwhile the drop to props button is huge... and they weren't hurting for space, either. Look at all the extra space on the edges.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information