your favourite reason devices?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Chizmata

01 Jan 2016

as title says.

1. your favourite synth
2. your favourite effect

mine are:

1. thor. Monster of a synth that is barely matched by anything else i have seen, be it analogue or digital
2. BV512. may seem like a wierd choice but that thing is simply too good. 32-band eq with vocoder, good fx and 35 cvports? hell, yes!

normen

01 Jan 2016

1. Malstöm - cool sounds
2. Pulverizer - cool sounds
Last edited by normen on 01 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

tt_lab

01 Jan 2016

- Subtractor. Easy to dial.Deep basses.
- Pulveriser.Grit heaven.
Last edited by tt_lab on 01 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Chizmata

01 Jan 2016

Folks i know we are musicians not writers but a little more explanation would be interesting :D

Raveshaper

01 Jan 2016

1. Thor
It's hard to top a device that can act as a synth, an LFO generator, a cv source, an audio switcher, an audio effects unit, and a synthesizer.

2. Pulveriser
The amount of raw energy you can get out of this device is terrific. I like to use this on parallel channels of drums.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

gak

01 Jan 2016

ALL OF THEM!

decibel

01 Jan 2016

i pretty much dont even use reason devices anymore, just rack extensions

*edit - actually i always use dr rex to get something going in the back ground ;)

Chizmata

01 Jan 2016

decibel wrote:i pretty much dont even use reason devices anymore, just rack extensions

*edit - actually i always use dr rex to get something going in the back ground ;)
of course you can also name REs

decibel

01 Jan 2016

Chizmata wrote:
decibel wrote:i pretty much dont even use reason devices anymore, just rack extensions

of course you can also name REs

as far as RE's go, im too random in my approach to have an absolute favourite ;)

but in hindsight my most reached for stock devices are definitely the dr octorex and the RV 7000 reverb,
im still using R7 and and the only thing that makes me interested in going to R8 at this point is the RV7000 mk2
it would be hands down my favourite stock device if i upgrade ;)

honourable mention go's to the echo unit

Dante

01 Jan 2016

ID8: Great for starting up quick arrangements after MIDI import.
SSL: Best in-the-box mixer I've ever used.

Vince-Noir-99

04 Jan 2016

Reason:
Subtractor - It's very deep yet simple
Pulveriser - Awesome for chorus, dirt and audio rate modulation

REs:
PX7 - Looks and sounds great
Primal Audio PMS-20 - It made me rethink filters. Too good!

eXode

04 Jan 2016

Reason:
Malström - It's quirky and unique.
Pulveriser - Because it does so many things from subtle warmth to pulverizing.

RE's:
Antidote - Because it's simple to use and sounds fantastic
Echobode - Because it's like a cousin to Pulveriser, from subtle modulation FX to full-on crazy! :)

K.Markov

04 Jan 2016

1. still, korg mono/poly
2. lfo device into cv in of mono/poly and mod matrix. is that some kind of effect?

:puf_smile:

dan_g

04 Jan 2016

Stock:
Malström - i get complex sounds out of it, not so complicated as thor (i also like thor but its a bit to much sometimes ;D)
The MClass Compressor - gets so much use in every project (especially for sidechaining synth and bass with bassdrums)

RE:
no instrument RE bought
EVE AT-1 - i recently made a template with an AT-1 in every insert of my splitted redrum channels. love the easy aproach on it

RE Mastering:
EVE MP5 - newly bought on the sale. since then it has its place in every master chain
Ozone Maximizer - use it for most of my tracks (mclass maximizer when it is a process heavy project (yes im not 2-track mastering))
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

boobytrap

04 Jan 2016

Synth : Reason - Thor
RE - Antidote

FX : Reason - Synchronous
RE - GQ-7
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Vince-Noir-99

04 Jan 2016

Haaha yeah, reading some of your choices makes me want to suggest my 2nd 2 favourites: :puf_smile:

Reason#2
Malström - It's unique, simple, has nice LFOs too
Audiomatic - I love the concept

REs#2
Ivoks - Mostly for emotional attachment
Echobode - Super versatile and has pitch in!

Vince-Noir-99

04 Jan 2016

I didn't mention it, but each day starts with a template that only has a Radical Piano in it. :thumbs_up:

cocoazenith

04 Jan 2016

Instrument:
NN-XT (bring on the multi-gig sampler libraries!)
RE: PX7

FX:
M-Class Compressor
RE: Softube TSAR-1

AJTIV

06 Jan 2016

Reason Stock:

1. Thor - Great for using as a connecting piece in a complex combinator; can process audio, be used as LFO/Enevlope source, sequencer, and the mod matrix allows for so much. Thor really helps glue things together.

2. Rv7000 MKII - Since the latest update, adding convolution reverb and the ability to load custom algorithms from any sample, this reverb unit has become my go to. I still do love the reverb on Antidote, or synapse Deep Reverb and Fat Space. I use all three; RV7000 mkII gets favorite though because of all of the features.

Rack Extensions:

1. Vecto - Great oscillators and samples, can use the vector pad to do incredible things ranging from modulation, volume, pitch bending; the list is endless. I have all of Rob Papens synths; they are all great in their own way. This one has become my absolute favorite for the things mentioned before.

2. Polar - Trippy as fuck! the buffer lock can create some really strange, interesting, and pleasant rhythms out of any sound. the pitch shifting is also superb. So many knobs to shape the sound into something completely awesome. Could not do without this one.

Big shout out to my man Malström, Thor can just do more in terms of linking and modulating all of my RE's in a combinator, and I use mostly RE's now.

I also like Parsec, a lot. It seems kind of watered down and limited sometimes though.
:reason: :re: :PUF_figure:

ljekio

06 Jan 2016

if favorites is equal most frequently using

1. thor
2. rv7k2

tronam

06 Jan 2016

It's difficult to pick only one in each category, especially in effects because of all the use case scenarios, but if I had to:

Synth
Thor - Beyond its seemingly endless synth capabilities, it's also one of the most useful tools in Reason. I had to choose it overall.
Runner up: Korg Polysix... because it's just so easy to use and always sounds lovely to me. Malström, Subtractor and Antidote gets just as much use.

Effect
GQ-7 because it's simply my most used effect.
Runner up: Too many to list... Echobode, RV7000, The Echo, Polar, GClip, FRG-4RE, D-Filter, FET, Saturation Knob, TSAR-1, DR-1

Utility
Selig Gain by a mile.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Marc64

06 Jan 2016

synth: thor
effect: predators fx

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

superpop

06 Jan 2016

Subtractor + Scream 4 = dirty sex

Dave909

06 Jan 2016

Synth: Thor. Just a beast of a synth. So easy to get great sounds out of it.

Effect: RV7000MKII. I have a bunch of reverb RE's but this is the one i always start with.

RE Synth: Tres because it sounds really punchy and the filter sounds great.

RE Effect: Devaster2. My fav distortion. Great sound and is great for subtle grit.

• Information