Properllerhead at NAAM Show 2016!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Resonator

23 Jan 2016

:lol:

zakalwe

24 Jan 2016

digital convergence!!!

Last Alternative

24 Jan 2016

Umm... nothing to report? It gets me how PH seems like they don't know what they're doing or what direction they're going.
*They made recording possible, turning Reason5 into an official DAW, but don't give us all the standard bells & whistles that go along with it.. punch-in, cross-fade, etc.
*They created the RE platform but don't keep up with SDK demands.
*They get on a kick with apps and Discover and practically neglect Reason altogether.
*They announce "regular point updates", do a new one every 1-3 months and then drop the ball again.. where's .4? Overdue IMO.

What's the situation over there at headquarters?!
And it doesn't help that they don't tell us a damn thing.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Resonator

24 Jan 2016

Death to Disco... I mean Death To Discover! ;)

stevan

24 Jan 2016

Last Alternative wrote:Umm... nothing to report? It gets me how PH seems like they don't know what they're doing or what direction they're going.
*They made recording possible, turning Reason5 into an official DAW, but don't give us all the standard bells & whistles that go along with it.. punch-in, cross-fade, etc.
*They created the RE platform but don't keep up with SDK demands.
*They get on a kick with apps and Discover and practically neglect Reason altogether.
*They announce "regular point updates", do a new one every 1-3 months and then drop the ball again.. where's .4? Overdue IMO.

What's the situation over there at headquarters?!
And it doesn't help that they don't tell us a damn thing.
Yupp, damn right :-)

Raveshaper

24 Jan 2016

I have been looking on YouTube for coverage of their presentation and I can find exactly zero entries.

What I have seen are tons of thumbnails for other videos showing very interesting real world analog modular gear being shown in booths.
In a time when modular is taking off in terms of real physical hardware, the whole "emulated retro" vibe of Reason is getting drowned out by the real thing.

Did they still go? When will videos come out? Will they do more than explain what Discover is *again*?
Inquiring minds are curious.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

The Tone Ranger

24 Jan 2016

Raveshaper wrote:What I have seen are tons of thumbnails for other videos showing very interesting real world analog modular gear being shown in booths.
In a time when modular is taking off in terms of real physical hardware, the whole "emulated retro" vibe of Reason is getting drowned out by the real thing.
Hardware modular gear is what brought me back to Reason after many years of flip flopping between Logic and Pro Tools. I really couldn't ask for anything more from Reason as a modular enthusiast. Maybe a simple CV to audio RE so I don't have to keep using Thor all the time.

Jagwah

24 Jan 2016

Can someone just make a new thread when / if they do say something regardless of what it is, ty :)

michal22

25 Jan 2016

I searched on youtube - silence. :(
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

Resonator

25 Jan 2016

Wankers...

mreese80

25 Jan 2016

they didn't show up! There will be no announcement.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

Wook

25 Jan 2016

This is from the last year. I wouldn't wanna be this guy. Promoting hipster apps, selling air and "music" sharing platform which takes any copyright away from you. It made me cringe couple of times.

joeyluck

25 Jan 2016

There was never an announcement teased. Ernst spoke as part of a panel for an A3E keynote.
Not many big announcements from any DAW developers that I noticed. Mostly announcements for plugins and hardware.

CharlyCharlzz

25 Jan 2016

the futur aint now ....it's in the futur LOL :lol:

go figure out a reason to discover hahaha
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

inthewind

26 Jan 2016

Regarding DAWS Annoucements; I noticed those 2 :

Lumit Audio Digital Audio Workstation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy5Sf1rqXXM

Tracktion 7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6gMcVmXpws
I loved tracktion, that was my first DAW, Tracktion 3 was brought with ma former Mackie Onyx Satellite.

• Information