Need Some 60s-Style Vintage Mono Drum Kits In Reason 8

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EffCee

02 Feb 2016

I'm short on time, not very handy finding my way around Reason, and looking for some presets for 60s-style vintage, mono drum kits.

Anyone have a clue as to what might do the trick in Reason 8? I have, like, zero time to tweak and tune and I'm trying to find something/anything preexisting in Reason 8 which might sound authentic.

Thank you in advance! :-D

Benedict
Competition Winner

03 Feb 2016

Look in the Rex files - usually by inserting Dr OctoRex (or Nurse Rex in Kong) and then search kits. There should be some that come close off the bat. To Mono them reduce the Width knob on the SSL Mixer strip to 0 and it will collapse to mono.

You may want to do a bit of processing. My face for this sort of thing is to use the BV-512 in EQ mode and 4 Bands.

Oh and don't forget, in the mix, to pan the drums & bass all the way to the left and everything else to the right ;)

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

DiZo

03 Feb 2016

for this i use the refill reason drum kit 2, and i connect my redrum in mono

Lizard

03 Feb 2016

Here is a thread I created a while back. There is some interesting kits in here. I've provided the NN-XT files and the architecture needed. You just need to download the samples from the product and extract them to the appropriate folder. These are all free and pretty good kits. There are a few 60's style kits in there. Probably stereo but you can swedge that down to mono within Reason. Hope this helps.

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... kits#p3720

GRIFTY

03 Feb 2016

there's a soniccharge refill floating around somewhere called "mono drums" or something like that isn't there? and also a free refill from the old website full of rex drum loops called "vintage motown drumbreaks" or something of that sort. unfortunately i cannot be kind enough to provide links, because i don't have any....

GRIFTY

03 Feb 2016

excuse me, it wasn't sonic charge at all!! that's my mind playing tricks on me. it was sonic reality, from a series called "sound effects gold"

kitekrazy

03 Feb 2016

You don't need a kit just emulate the recordings in the 60's.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

04 Feb 2016

RDK2 includes an additional mono drum ReFill download. "RDK Vintage Mono".

reason2dance

04 Feb 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote:RDK2 includes an additional mono drum ReFill download. "RDK Vintage Mono".
Effcee already is looking for it: http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... 3&p=243842

selig
RE Developer

04 Feb 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote:RDK2 includes an additional mono drum ReFill download. "RDK Vintage Mono".
+1 on this suggestion - these are my absolute favorite "vintage" drums in Reason. I've used them on high profile projects with "old school" artists that were quite surprised that samples could sound so "real".

:)
Selig Audio, LLC

DiZo

04 Feb 2016

yes i use it too

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

04 Feb 2016

reason2dance wrote:
Effcee already is looking for it: http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... 3&p=243842

Ah.

Well that's a bit of an effoff! ;)

It was available to all registered RDK2 owners, definitely. Probably got cut in the Great FreeFill Purge of 2015. At best a silly oversight, at worst cynical and deliberate axing of good material and extra DLC.

@Effcee, As long as you have a registered RDK2, harass PH until they make it available again. Write daily. It's like The Shawshank Redemption.

EffCee

04 Feb 2016

Sounds like a fine suggestion, Jiggery, I shall do just that.

And thanks to everyone else for your help.

• Information