Good music

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deepndark

18 Apr 2015

I'll start making good music now on.

Yeah right!!! :s0238:

trimph1

18 Apr 2015

I'm more likely to make weird music here.... :s0106:
....and a whack of hardware synths and who knows what...

clone

18 Apr 2015

Question for everyone, do you find yourself producing the same exact music genre, or do you guys switch it up once in a while? 

I jump around all over the place from, electro, dubstep, house, minimal drum n bass.

FATCheese

18 Apr 2015

No matter how weird your music may sound there are always people who genuine like your music.

Even with so called popular artist people are always criticizing and batch about it.

Sadly that's life. :roll:

Just make the music (or sound :) ) YOU like!
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

zeebot

18 Apr 2015

clone wrote:Question for everyone, do you find yourself producing the same exact music genre, or do you guys switch it up once in a while? 

I jump around all over the place from, electro, dubstep, house, minimal drum n bass.
I make anything that comes out of my brain from ambient to a mass of noise. I dont really have a genre I follow
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Thesim

18 Apr 2015

I just wish I could finish a song any genre. My problem is I'm far too critical early doors with every idea and then don't carry it on in fear of making a crap song/tune. Crazy really

Jagwah

18 Apr 2015

Thesim wrote:I just wish I could finish a song any genre. My problem is I'm far too critical early doors with every idea and then don't carry it on in fear of making a crap song/tune. Crazy really
You should get this book, seriously. Helped me a lot:
Attachments
71jgxi5WW2L__SL1500_.jpg
71jgxi5WW2L__SL1500_.jpg (98.63 KiB) Viewed 1159 times

mbfrancis

18 Apr 2015

+1 on The War of Art.  Transformational.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

ebop

18 Apr 2015

Thanks for The War of Art tip Jagwah. I'm not usually into books like this but I'm going to give this one a crack as it sounds relevant to my main passion (music) and also my work life (report writing) :)

Thesim

19 Apr 2015

Yes thanks jagwah I'll check that book out.

Gaja

19 Apr 2015

I read an excerpt of it on iBooks right now...
Boy...
I myself am already polarizing, judging, categorizing, thinking in drawers enough. I don't need a book that tells me that the one and only way to solve all problems in the world especially writers block (!) by judging, categorizing even more. Every other line is about war, enemies, violence...
Are there other books that don't try to sell me on some weird black and white bullshit?
Resistance is to be declared evil.
Hitler started the second world war because of horror vacui.
Wtf?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

mbfrancis

20 Apr 2015

Gaja wrote:I don't need a book that tells me that the one and only way to solve all problems in the world especially writers block (!) by judging, categorizing even more.
If you don't identify with having resistance within you, holding you back from achieving your creative goals, then the book probably isn't for you.  I am battling resistance every day.  But what it really says is that you can't overcome your creative blocks until you "turn pro"...i.e., treat your amateur creative work just like your job.  Show up every day, keep producing work.  If you're going to be put off by military metaphors or - gasp - talk of God and gods and muses, then yeah, you won't like it.  But the message isn't martial or religious or anything like that.  It's a great kick in the ass, frankly.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

eusti

20 Apr 2015

@Gaja: I was skeptical at first, but found this quite useful: http://www.amazon.com/The-Artists-Way-J ... 1585421464

Interesting exercises... And suggestions... Not specifically for musicians, but more in terms of general creativity...

D.

• Information