Just looking at these jobs with props..

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
zeebot

25 Apr 2016

Just browsing the props site (which I rarely do these days) and had a browse at the open positions at the company. Not for me looking for one just a passing interest. could these available jobs indicate where props are heading?

https://www.propellerheads.se/employment
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

mreese80

25 Apr 2016

They would rather focus on mobile apps rather than upgrade the software. smh
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

normen

25 Apr 2016

mreese80 wrote:They would rather focus on mobile apps rather than upgrade the software. smh
The fact that they look for an additional programmer for the mobile stuff rather tells me that the people who currently do that code would be free to work on Reason again....

dhruan

25 Apr 2016

...and if you guys had checked the last open position it was for a C++ developer to work on... *cue in a drumroll* *BadaTshing!* > Reason. They are looking for more people to work on all of their products, not focusing on mobile apps.
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

avasopht
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2016

mreese80 wrote:They would rather focus on mobile apps rather than upgrade the software. smh
Hiring a mobile developer doesn't mean they're not going to continue developing their main app. From experience, this is normal. I've come in as a mobile developer before and I can tell you that it has zero effect on the main product. From a business perspective they would be uber dumb not to develop mobile apps.

#1 result on Google search for "app store music making"
http://www.factmag.com/2015/02/14/best- ... ne-ipad/9/

Figure comes up in that list, which means that Propellerhead are getting free publicity to anyone seeking music making apps on the app store. When people download their free app it allows Propellerhead to engage in customer relations with them at no extra cost other than that of building the app and execution of the customer relations strategy, which could be little more than sending them the appropriate set of emails to bring them to using Reason Essentials or the complete Reason package. The end result is that instead of acquiring a user by advertising spend, they've instead gained a customer by creating value and stimulating word of mouth.

And as Normen says, it actually means the core Reason developers have less mobile stuff to worry about, since the new guy can take over from it.

avasopht
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2016

dhruan wrote:...and if you guys had checked the last open position it was for a C++ developer to work on... *cue in a drumroll* *BadaTshing!* > Reason. They are looking for more people to work on all of their products, not focusing on mobile apps.
Exactly!

Drumroll: post 808 ;)
Last edited by avasopht on 26 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Jagwah

25 Apr 2016

Yay new people :)

Gulale

25 Apr 2016

Isn't that a great thing? More developers faster upgrade and updates In any direction.
Gulale aka Bereket

dioxide

25 Apr 2016

Thank god they are recruiting for new desktop programmers. Better that than waste their resources on mobile development.

ezelkow1

25 Apr 2016

it doesnt really mean anything, they may have had those developers leave and are looking to replace them

The only time a job posting is useful for direction is if its something way out of left field that a company has no current products for

SA Studio

25 Apr 2016

Seems they have an opening for Customer Service?

Nice. :thumbs_up:

Faastwalker

25 Apr 2016

SA Studio wrote:Seems they have an opening for Customer Service?

Think I'll apply & move to Sweden.

Wook

26 Apr 2016

I'm really tempted to apply for Customer Service but housing in Stockholm is a nightmare. My girlfriend is Swedish and she's been on the waiting list for a first hand contract in Stockholm for years now. If you're lucky, you can land a second hand contract but it would eat up a big chunk of your income. We lived there for a while. Wonderful city, indeed.

The Tone Ranger

26 Apr 2016

The only logical explanation is free apps make serious cash and keep you in business while products you sell are just there to make the online shop look nice. ;) :lol:

nooomy

26 Apr 2016

Wook wrote:I'm really tempted to apply for Customer Service but housing in Stockholm is a nightmare. My girlfriend is Swedish and she's been on the waiting list for a first hand contract in Stockholm for years now. If you're lucky, you can land a second hand contract but it would eat up a big chunk of your income. We lived there for a while. Wonderful city, indeed.
Or you could buy a two room apartment aprox 550 000 euro

Hehe

Alot of people think they are having a housing price bubble in stockholm

chimp_spanner

26 Apr 2016

If the customer service position could be fulfilled from my current location, I'd apply. But the posting wasn't entirely clear; they welcome applicants from around the world. Hmmm.

chk071

26 Apr 2016

I think this is pretty clear:
The position is located in Propellerhead Software’s headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden.
:reason: :rebirth:

chimp_spanner

26 Apr 2016

Oh okay! I just thought that was a bit at odds with the "welcome from around the world" bit. Nuts.

boobytrap

26 Apr 2016

dioxide wrote:Thank god they are recruiting for new desktop programmers. Better that than waste their resources on mobile development.
Also worthless allihoopa thing. Why they don't fully focus about reason. Still they have to do plenty of things with it.
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

jfrichards

26 Apr 2016

Just so you know what the c++ position says:

"Propellerhead create some of the world's most innovative software for music creation. We are currently seeking a C ++ developer who wants to participate and develop our most successful product, Reason. Reason is a well established software for music production, with users worldwide.

We are looking for someone who has worked for some years in software development and wants to take the next step. You will be part of a team of four developers, and work together to develop the product Propellerheads Reason. You will in your role as C ++ developers to be involved in the entire development process from engineering design, planning to implementation, testing and documentation. We work closely together in cross-functional teams with the user in mind. We have a pragmatic approach to development where ruggedness is highly valued, both in terms of performance and stability.

As a person you are driven, independent and quick to take initiative and work in a focused and effective way against targets. You have the ability to see and understand the big picture and are humble and responsive to colleagues. Many of us are interested in music, and having an interest yourself is an advantage."

Plus you should know that the mobile apps developer position is based on building Reason apps for mobile devices.

Exowildebeest

26 Apr 2016

dioxide wrote:Thank god they are recruiting for new desktop programmers. Better that than waste their resources on mobile development.
That waste of resources which made their name known to millions of people outside the world of DAW users/CV-geeks?

I don't like to use their mobile stuff either, but I don't think it has been a waste of resources from the company's perspective.
SA Studio wrote:Seems they have an opening for Customer Service?

Currently, that department is just one cubicle manned by a giraffe :lol:

normen

26 Apr 2016

Exowildebeest wrote:Currently, that department is just one cubicle manned by a giraffe :lol:
Don't agree but had to lol ^^

Gorgon

26 Apr 2016

The fact that they post the C++ position in Swedish is pure racism.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

dioxide

26 Apr 2016

Exowildebeest wrote:
That waste of resources which made their name known to millions of people outside the world of DAW users/CV-geeks?

I don't like to use their mobile stuff either, but I don't think it has been a waste of resources from the company's perspective.
Cheap fame.

What use is people knowing your name when they give away their apps for free?

KEVMOVE02

29 Apr 2016

Yeah, cause everyone knows that developing and selling mobile apps is a drain of company resources and a deadend. Hold on a sec, I just got a notice that Native instruments just uploaded 5 new loop libraries for iMaschine. Another $5.00 in their coffers.

• Information