Help please: "Failed to load ID8 preset. Your installation is damaged. Please reinstall Reason."

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
SCK777

27 Apr 2015

Fellow Reason users, could you help please?

>"Failed to load ID8 preset. Your installation is damaged. Please reinstall Reason."

Any information about this error message?

Reinstall did not restore equilibrium.

Thank you in advance!

Jordan Miller

27 Apr 2015

Hi, this is probably a problem with the soundbanks being out of date. I'm guessing you are trying to install 8.2? Try moving the FSB and orkester out of the reason folder then re-install and it should automatically download them whilst it installs. I think others had had this happen and re-downloading the FSB solved this.

hydlide

27 Apr 2015

I had a similar message when updating Reason 8. I moved the ID8.dat file to the new folder location, and this fixed my issue.

SCK777

28 Apr 2015

hydlide wrote:I had a similar message when updating Reason 8. I moved the ID8.dat file to the new folder location, and this fixed my issue.
Excellent Hydlide, much appreciation for the hint.

Wasn't sure exactly to what you were referring at first. For anyone else inquiring, what did work was simply moving the ID8.dat file out from where I found it* and PH prompted me to download a new uncorrupted one automatically when I launched R8.2 thus, PROBLEM SOLVED. Thanks again!

(* Incidentally, /Soundbanks did not show up under my specific user account but rather I had to go directly to Macintosh HD>Library...)

• Information