REASON 9 May have been announced early !?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
zeebot

13 May 2016

ReasonUser wrote:joeyluck- now you're just stirring the pot! Don't believe for a second you have that kind of malicious in you! ;)
Well I saw the original post in Reddit, went to the Synthtopia site and saw the article. If by some miracle it is an elaborate ruse by a few members on here then expect a backlash from any users that upgraded to R8 this morning and spent money. They are not going to be too pleased with you.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

stevan

13 May 2016

zeebot wrote:
ReasonUser wrote:joeyluck- now you're just stirring the pot! Don't believe for a second you have that kind of malicious in you! ;)
Well I saw the original post in Reddit, went to the Synthtopia site and saw the article. If by some miracle it is an elaborate ruse by a few members on here then expect a backlash from any users that upgraded to R8 this morning and spent money. They are not going to be too pleased with you.
... exact what I thought after I realized that it is a fake ! ;)

craven

13 May 2016

oh my, I'm really excited about this version. I hope it is what I imagine! :)
:ugeek:

joeyluck

13 May 2016

jappe wrote:
dana wrote:I managed to download the page from google cache, but now its gone from googles cache as well!
I can still see it in google cache.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=nz
Ok. So there is proof... ;)

dana

13 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:
jappe wrote:
dana wrote:I managed to download the page from google cache, but now its gone from googles cache as well!
I can still see it in google cache.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=nz
Ok. So there is proof... ;)
That is a bullshit rickroll link.

Here is the downloaded html file and associated content in a zip.
Attachments
Reason 9 Synthtopia.zip
(818.02 KiB) Downloaded 95 times

ReasonUser

13 May 2016

I took a screenshot yesterday...
Attachments
image.png
image.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 2314 times

ReasonUser

13 May 2016

Why would they recycle that Reason 8 pic for the Reason 9 announcement? The conspiracy deepens?!

ReasonUser

13 May 2016

And who is this "Elisabeth"? Everyone knows women don't care about music technology! (a joke people - calm down)

satyr32

13 May 2016

By now I think it is fake. You should already know these features are for Reason 11.5 only.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

normen

13 May 2016

ReasonUser wrote:And who is this "Elisabeth"? Everyone knows women don't care about music technology! (a joke people - calm down)

pjeudy

13 May 2016

ReasonUser wrote:Why would they recycle that Reason 8 pic for the Reason 9 announcement? The conspiracy deepens?!
I thought the same but maybe they just had the info not an actual banner with images etc.....

But Props did answer my response to them on twitter by saying "stay tuned....and stay exited"
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

chimp_spanner

13 May 2016

What a tangled web of lies you've spun Joey. I don't know who to trust any more.

zeebot

13 May 2016

pjeudy wrote:
ReasonUser wrote:Why would they recycle that Reason 8 pic for the Reason 9 announcement? The conspiracy deepens?!
I thought the same but maybe they just had the info not an actual banner with images etc.....

But Props did answer my response to them on twitter by saying "stay tuned....and stay exited"
Yes, props wouldn't say that if there wasn't some truth to it. Dont believe a word Joey says. Can you imagine the shitstorm they would get if they didn't outright deny a false claim made up by a few members of a forum and people spent their money upgrading to R8 in anticipation.
The old 'reverse troll' move by Joey :lol:
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

guitfnky

13 May 2016

zakalwe wrote:I don't know what the issue was with line 6 but I own reaper and studio one which both licence not only elastique but also rewire. there's always a danger that licencing could be ended for these technologies but it's less problematic than line 6 which ended up in a lot of 3rd party refills, whereas a pitch or warp tool can be rewritten and replaced like-for-like in the core software. I can also understand a company wanting to own all its IP but that's not neccesarily of interest to the end user.
That's sort of my point. If something were to happen, they'd have to either license something else, or write their own replacement anyway. They've opted to do it now, rather than later.

And, doing it themselves IS in the interest of the end user... Let's say they licensed Melodyne. You're all excited, and you start working on some tracks. You write some great stuff, and use the Melodyne integration to correct a few pitchy parts, but you never finish the track. You come back to it a few years later, on Reason 12, determined to finally finish it, but alas, Melodyne and Props parted ways as of Reason 11. Propellerhead would not only have to replace the removed integration with something else, but (and here's the big problem), they also would have to create code that translates what people did using Melodyne's old algorithms to work with their new solution in a way that doesn't change the audible result. That is probably impossible.

They're just cutting out a bunch of potential headache for themselves, but more importantly, for US by doing it themselves.
zakalwe wrote:they may well have but that means they have manhours on that rather than any of the other most wanted features that don't appear to be in this release, if the copy is legit. and i'm pretty sure they'd mention them since the things that have previously been mentioned under 'workflow enchancements' have turned out to be quite minor.
All DAWs have to do this same thing with their proprietary stuff; they are responsible for maintaining and updating it. And I can't imagine them ever calling out changes to their algorithms in their release notes. If I'm recalling correctly, from my own experience, even the most insignificant changes that are put into release notes have a tangible, observable impact on users. Tweaking your time-stretching algorithms isn't going to be apparent to anyone, so putting it in the release notes wouldn't make a whole lot of sense (unless it's a change that drastically effects the sound quality in a noticeable way).
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

joeyluck

13 May 2016

zeebot wrote:
pjeudy wrote:

Yes, props wouldn't say that if there wasn't some truth to it. Dont believe a word Joey says. Can you imagine the shitstorm they would get if they didn't outright deny a false claim made up by a few members of a forum and people spent their money upgrading to R8 in anticipation.
The old 'reverse troll' move by Joey :lol:
Sorry. Was just trying to help keep it a surprise for anyone stumbling upon this thread this morning.
As I see Propellerhead is vocal in not dismissing it, I'll refrain from further silliness.

Although I did begin to worry when you brought up an excellent point... And I started thinking, "What if this is a hoax started by somebody else? I'll be held responsible!" Lol

pjeudy

13 May 2016

:exclamation:
ReasonUser wrote:And who is this "Elisabeth"? Everyone knows women don't care about music technology! (a joke people - calm down)
635932267619612549-1982140644_tumblr_o3h52vm5Kr1qdla50o1_500.gif
635932267619612549-1982140644_tumblr_o3h52vm5Kr1qdla50o1_500.gif (1.18 MiB) Viewed 2247 times
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

joeyluck

13 May 2016

Just some planning ahead...

When there is an announcement, please be sure to do a search to see if a Reason 9 announcement thread already exists.

If you are the first to create a thread, please be sure to call it something useful like "Reason 9 Officially Announced"
And not "OHHHHH YEAHHHH SUCKAS!!!!"

That would be helpful.

stevan

13 May 2016

pjeudy wrote:

... aha, do you have a link ?

guitfnky

13 May 2016

I don't think it's likely to be a hoax. They probably wouldn't have bothered to go through the trouble to have it pulled down if there wasn't at least some truth to it.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

joeyluck

13 May 2016

stevan wrote:
pjeudy wrote:

... aha, do you have a link ?

stevan

13 May 2016

ok, I do believe it now ;)

stevan

13 May 2016

yapp, thanx again ... if the PHS saying THAT - I should overthinking my first Impression about that faked fake ... booah - crazy Internet

but, I still can't accept that the leak was accidentally happend ... not Propellerhead Software
Last edited by stevan on 13 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Skullture

13 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:Just some planning ahead...

When there is an announcement, please be sure to do a search to see if a Reason 9 announcement thread already exists.

If you are the first to create a thread, please be sure to call it something useful like "Reason 9 Officially Announced"
And not "OHHHHH YEAHHHH SUCKAS!!!!"

That would be helpful.
Oh c'mon Joey, let's get it a little out of control here :lol:

• Information