I've mentioned this before but for those who want to use vst's with reason easily use Rewire Vst.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mreese80

26 May 2016

This is the simplest way to get vsts to work in reason. If your daw allows you to convert midi to audio, do that than drag and drop the audio file right into reason. You can but rewire vst or just use the demo which is what i do. ReWire VST works as a standard VST instruments and can load all versions of Reason (32-bit and 64-bit) on PC and Mac OS X. Want to use Reason inside energyXT, MPC 1.8, Maschine or any other VST DAW/sequencer, then ReWire VST is for you. http://www.energy-xt.com/index.php?id=0115
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

chimp_spanner

26 May 2016

Damn man, I wish this worked in cubase. Interestingly enough I can drag and drop MIDI. It feels like there should be a way (like elevated privileges or something) but no dice. Still, for now it's easy enough to open Reason first, then Cubase, and have the Audio folder open and ready, as that's where bounced parts show up and I can drag+drop from there. So it's only one extra mouse click!

mreese80

26 May 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:Damn man, I wish this worked in cubase. Interestingly enough I can drag and drop MIDI. It feels like there should be a way (like elevated privileges or something) but no dice. Still, for now it's easy enough to open Reason first, then Cubase, and have the Audio folder open and ready, as that's where bounced parts show up and I can drag+drop from there. So it's only one extra mouse click!
Hey man, i found this. I hope it helps. Im not familiar with Cubase. Hope it works.

Yes ... Did have it, been able to get the Rewire VST from XT to work with cubase .

...only just found this actualy !

This little Application has great potential for Cubase users

In order

For it to work i just moved the rewire.dll back again to the C:/windows folder

so Cubase'es own rewire is not "Active"

The only problems now is the still only mono channels (in my case from rason 2.5)

Fro the console Application ,Directly into Cubase.

Could XT Rewire VST be available as stereo dll as well (to Registed users)with meter pairs 2 ,3 ,4 paired , same as the first pair. please ?

...as Ableton had stereoized its Console app years ago (from a rewired point of view)
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

Stranger.

26 May 2016

ΣΣΣ
Last edited by Stranger. on 03 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Data_Shrine

26 May 2016

If I understand correctly.. this could also be used not only for using VST within Reason, but also to send audio-in to Reason from a master DAW (while Reason is slaved to this master DAW) ?

QVprod

26 May 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:Damn man, I wish this worked in cubase. Interestingly enough I can drag and drop MIDI. It feels like there should be a way (like elevated privileges or something) but no dice. Still, for now it's easy enough to open Reason first, then Cubase, and have the Audio folder open and ready, as that's where bounced parts show up and I can drag+drop from there. So it's only one extra mouse click!
Could Rewire in Cubase really be that bad? (I've never used Cubase) I honestly see no advantage of Rewire Vst over regular Rewire, but rather see it's usefulness for host programs that don't have Rewire built in.

What's the advantage over Cubase's rewire?

chimp_spanner

27 May 2016

QVprod wrote:
Could Rewire in Cubase really be that bad? (I've never used Cubase) I honestly see no advantage of Rewire Vst over regular Rewire, but rather see it's usefulness for host programs that don't have Rewire built in.

Oh I've used ReWire plenty - in fact there was a time when that's all I used. I only used Cubase to record audio and then did all my synths in Reason. The main reasons I don't are;

I don't like having two projects to manage - touch of laziness at work there ;)

And I would like to be able to patch devices from Reason straight into stereo channels in the Cubase mixer (like you could in the old days) so I didn't have to do a Reason sub-mix *or* spend time linking mono tracks

But I mean I'm actually happy to work primarily in Reason and then just get snippets of VST out of Cubase as audio where I need it. I love that sampling style workflow. For some reason it just sounds/feels different!

QVprod

27 May 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:
QVprod wrote:

Oh I've used ReWire plenty - in fact there was a time when that's all I used. I only used Cubase to record audio and then did all my synths in Reason. The main reasons I don't are;

I don't like having two projects to manage - touch of laziness at work there ;)

And I would like to be able to patch devices from Reason straight into stereo channels in the Cubase mixer (like you could in the old days) so I didn't have to do a Reason sub-mix *or* spend time linking mono tracks

But I mean I'm actually happy to work primarily in Reason and then just get snippets of VST out of Cubase as audio where I need it. I love that sampling style workflow. For some reason it just sounds/feels different!
You misunderstood what I was asking. Perhaps I misunderstood your original comment as well. I thought what was being said was that you wished you could use Rewire Vst in Cubase (as opposed regular Rewire). To which I was confused how Rewire Vst had any benefit over Rewire.

*Now that I re-read it though it seems you are saying you wish you could drag audio from Cubase's sequencer into Reason. My mistake.

chimp_spanner

27 May 2016

Yeah man! Sorry I probably could've been clearer :)

mreese80

27 May 2016

QVprod wrote:

This is an easier way for me to use akai mpc software with reason in sync. It's just a quicker way in my opinion.

Stranger.

27 May 2016

ΣΣΣ
Last edited by Stranger. on 03 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

QVprod

27 May 2016

mreese80 wrote:
QVprod wrote:

This is an easier way for me to use akai mpc software with reason in sync. It's just a quicker way in my opinion.
Yeah that's what I meant. MPC software doesn't have Rewire so Rewire Vst is useful in that situation. I had got confused when Cubase was mentioned because Cubase has Rewire.

mreese80

27 May 2016

QVprod wrote:
mreese80 wrote:
QVprod wrote:

Yeah that's what I meant. MPC software doesn't have Rewire so Rewire Vst is useful in that situation. I had got confused when Cubase was mentioned because Cubase has Rewire.
It's so much easier using rewire vst. I know you know you got to setup fl studio & reason when u want them rewired. Im pretty sure that old setup hasn't changed. Its helped out Bitwig users a lot as well.

OverneathTheSkyBridg

28 May 2016

A guy named JayJoshRocstar on Youtube did a demo of this between MPC and Reason. Looks like it works pretty good.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

• Information