Line 6 Patch Re - Creation Help for £

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chrischrischris

24 May 2016

Hi,

I use The Line6 Guitar Amp in A Combinator for My Clean Guitar Sound and wondered if anyone would like to Help Me re-create the tone using other means.

The Patch is basically an AC30 1967 Amp with the matching 1967 2x12 Cab. Ran through The RP Distort and Then My RV7000 Reverb Patch.

I have tried Vermillion and Creme with no luck and the closest I can get is with The SoftTube Amp and Cerberus but it doesn't react in the same way to the way that I play Plus The Cerberus is A CPU Hog. (FYI with The Line6 Combi My Computer can take about 48 Instances before I see 1 Bar of DSP and with The SoftTube / Cerberus 1 Bar of DSP shows up after around 4 Instances.)

I understand that the task will be difficult without My Guitar at hand but I could send some Dry Takes with different performance styles and The Old Line6 and New SoftTube / Cerberus Combinators.
I would also send My RV7000 IR Patch that I use at the end of the chain.

I have a wide selection of Re's Including RP Distort (That is used in The Combinator for Widening Purposes), The SoftTube EQ/FET/Saturator/Tsar,
EVE - MP5, The Selig Stuff, Echobode Shifter Delay, Etch Red, DCAM ENV Shaper and OZONE that maybe usefuland I am not against buying something if it means perfecting the Tone.

As I mentioned in The Subject Name I will offer cash for anything that I feel works. Obviously lets not go overboard here but I feel as a starting price £20 would be fair.

So, if anyone would like a challenge oor anymore details get in touch.

Thanks in advance

Chris

(Sorry if this is in the wrong group but as neither A RE / Refill as such or A Future Props Product this seemd like the best place but it can be moved)

jfrichards

24 May 2016

Hi Chris, I'd love to help out if I can. Do you have an audio clip link? What guitar do you use? It's interesting you should say a Vox, because, that's the type of sound I always felt Line6 was very good at. Here's an example of a song I did 9 years ago in Reason with a couple of Tele's and I never felt the need to change the tones with Kuassa, Sononics, or Softube, as much as I love those alternatives.
Attachments
LeoCaster Tele.jpg
LeoCaster Tele.jpg (179.55 KiB) Viewed 1345 times

chrischrischris

25 May 2016

Okay Thanks.

I will Try and make A Project for sharing now.

I assume that You have The Line6 Packs, Cerberus, RP Distort, The SoftTube Stuff and R8.3. whatever it is now?

Chris

DJDark2010

31 May 2016

I use The Line6 Guitar Amp in A Combinator for My Clean Guitar Sound and wondered if anyone would like to Help Me re-create the tone using other means.The Patch is basically an AC30 1967 Amp with the matching 1967 2x12 Cab. Ran through The RP Distort and Then My RV7000 Reverb Patch.

Use that Patch on your original Line6 ...
But remove now the guitar and plug a microfone.
Now connect that line6 output to your soundcard and sample a clap with your hand.
This sample you can save and use it as impulse response for the RV7000MK2.
Then you should have your patch. With that patch you can trigger vermillion and creme to get more out of it.
Normaly the IR should sound like you play your guitar like it were in the chain of your line6.

DJDark2010

31 May 2016

But it would also be nice to get some real good IRs from other Cabs ...

chrischrischris

31 May 2016

DJDark2010 wrote:I use The Line6 Guitar Amp in A Combinator for My Clean Guitar Sound and wondered if anyone would like to Help Me re-create the tone using other means.The Patch is basically an AC30 1967 Amp with the matching 1967 2x12 Cab. Ran through The RP Distort and Then My RV7000 Reverb Patch.

Use that Patch on your original Line6 ...
But remove now the guitar and plug a microfone.
Now connect that line6 output to your soundcard and sample a clap with your hand.
This sample you can save and use it as impulse response for the RV7000MK2.
Then you should have your patch. With that patch you can trigger vermillion and creme to get more out of it.
Normaly the IR should sound like you play your guitar like it were in the chain of your line6.
I'm not sure that that will Work for The "Amp" settings though. I have done that for The "Cab" but it is not quite the same but I am still trying to perfect it using The Decovolver Software.
I wouldn't mind buying an IR for The Cab but I can't seem to find one.

Thanks anyway

Chris

chrischrischris

20 Jun 2016

jfrichards wrote:Hi Chris, I'd love to help out if I can. Do you have an audio clip link? What guitar do you use? It's interesting you should say a Vox, because, that's the type of sound I always felt Line6 was very good at. Here's an example of a song I did 9 years ago in Reason with a couple of Tele's and I never felt the need to change the tones with Kuassa, Sononics, or Softube, as much as I love those alternatives.

Hiya,

This is the link for My Patch Creation Project.

Thanks in advance

Chris

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0fpkug06kvnf ... eason?dl=0

chrischrischris

20 Jun 2016

Hi,

If anyone wants to help create a replacement patch for The Live6 Vox AC30 then this is the link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0fpkug06kvnf ... eason?dl=0

BEWARE the playing styles that I have included change the way that the amp will react so try all of the clips to make sure it is the same for each clip.

Thanks in advance

Chris

DJDark2010

20 Jun 2016

Hey Chris,

Can you please add a rendered audio of the guitar sound, how it should sound.
And then please a sound of your guitar without amping, so I can try to recreate that sound.

thanx.

Marco Raaphorst

20 Jun 2016

Do you have an audio track plus the Combinator or Line 6 device patch?

I am still running Reason 6.5 next to R8 and R9 so I can compare things.

chrischrischris

20 Jun 2016

DJDark2010 wrote:Hey Chris,

Can you please add a rendered audio of the guitar sound, how it should sound.
And then please a sound of your guitar without amping, so I can try to recreate that sound.

thanx.
I'm on it. I will repost the link as soon as it uploads in a few minutes. I have added A Dry Feed of The Guitar and A Bounced Track with The Effects Painted on.

Chris

chrischrischris

20 Jun 2016

Marco Raaphorst wrote:Do you have an audio track plus the Combinator or Line 6 device patch?

Hi Marco,

What exactly do You need in addition to what is already in The Project in The Link Above?

Thanks

Chris

DJDark2010

20 Jun 2016

DJDark2010

20 Jun 2016

I have build a combinator with my Impulses, and some devices I use to recreate guitar amping sounds. Hoppe that will help you to recreate your sound you wish.

I have also good impulses found on that site:
http://www.grebz.fr/simulator_impulses_eng.php

Marco Raaphorst

20 Jun 2016

Couldn't load the orginal Line 6 patches because a model was missing.

Not sure how it sounds. Probably the Line 6 cabinets have less ambience than those of Softube Amp. Although a model was missing the sound sounded very direct.

This Combinator patch I made sounds super close when using it on the song you have provided:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/90x469nfjw3sh ... 0.cmb?dl=0

Marco Raaphorst

20 Jun 2016

chrischrischris wrote:
Marco Raaphorst wrote:Do you have an audio track plus the Combinator or Line 6 device patch?

Hi Marco,

What exactly do You need in addition to what is already in The Project in The Link Above?

Thanks

Chris
There's a model missing when I open this song. So I couldn't check the sound. Can you render that first track on your system without any reverb, just the Line 6 model/preset you need a fix for?

• Information