Reason 9: Which theme do you preffer ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Reason 9: Which theme do you preffer ?

Poll ended at 21 Jun 2017

Default (light)
32%
Blue
25%
Dark
43%

Total votes: 92
Bonkhead

21 Jun 2016

For me it's blue, because standard is too light and dark too much contrast with the lighter elements in the gui.

Adreqi

21 Jun 2016

Dark, because standard is too light and blue is, well, too blue x)

Too bad that there's not more choice. I would have loved a full customizable color palette like in text editors for developers. Well, dark will do.

orthodox
RE Developer

21 Jun 2016

Dark because it fits my overall system environment. Everything is dark gray already, blue tones are eliminated.

Exowildebeest

21 Jun 2016

So far I prefer the old light theme. Dark seemed to confuse me and slow my workflow. Of course it probably just takes time to get used.

Blue was just ugly imo.

I'd still like to see a desert/warm theme that just cuts the blues and keeps things light.

Biolumin3sc3nt

21 Jun 2016

I'm gonna have to go with "Dark" just on my Vampire schedule alone ...LOL

joeyluck

21 Jun 2016

I might use the dark theme when working in theatres. But for me at home, the default light theme is still the way I go. I don't work in the dark at home and the light theme is ok on my eyes. It also has a different vibe; one which I am familiar with. It's a different mood, the darker themes...

My screen brightness/backlight is just about the lowest on everything I use from my laptop to my phone. I think that's an issue with many people—simply having things too bright. But congrats to those who absolutely need the darker themes!

selig
RE Developer

21 Jun 2016

I was using the dark theme for early testing, and about a month ago switched to the blue theme just for giggles. Didn't like it. BUT, I didn't change it either, and just recently noticed this! So I guess I have to say that blue OR dark both work for me, but if asked, I'd say "dark".

The mind can be a very confusing thing…I try not to think about it. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

jonheal

21 Jun 2016

selig wrote:I was using the dark theme for early testing, and about a month ago switched to the blue theme just for giggles. Didn't like it. BUT, I didn't change it either, and just recently noticed this! So I guess I have to say that blue OR dark both work for me, but if asked, I'd say "dark".

The mind can be a very confusing thing…I try not to think about it. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You can get used to almost anything. It's actually a pretty nice feature of the human mind. Else wise we'd all be walking around perpetually disappointed with everything.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Majestik Monkey

21 Jun 2016

Dark works for me ! i like the way it brings out the best of the Colour's FINALLY :puf_bigsmile:

Prop's should build in a Theme Changer creating tool along with transparency :lol:

plaamook

21 Jun 2016

White but I think I'd go for blue rather than black
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Biolumin3sc3nt

21 Jun 2016

its all about a "mood" thang

Karim
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2016

Bonkhead wrote:For me it's blue, because standard is too light and dark too much contrast with the lighter elements in the gui.
the classic one. I can't stand the 2 available. awaiting for more color scheme.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Exowildebeest

21 Jun 2016

joeyluck wrote:I might use the dark theme when working in theatres. But for me at home, the default light theme is still the way I go. I don't work in the dark at home and the light theme is ok on my eyes. It also has a different vibe; one which I am familiar with. It's a different mood, the darker themes...

My screen brightness/backlight is just about the lowest on everything I use from my laptop to my phone. I think that's an issue with many people—simply having things too bright. But congrats to those who absolutely need the darker themes!
+ 1

Recently bought a new monitor, had to turn the brightness down to 27 (on a scale of 100!). It also has an option to lower blue light, very useful. I recommend everyone to explore their monitor's/video cards features - the visual aspect is also part of the technical side of music production!

Bonkhead

21 Jun 2016

My brightness and contrast are allready set to 1 on a scale to 100 (jan 2016 Samsung monitor) and still I don't like the light version.
Only with some games and movies do I use the game mode, which boost all levels a bit.
Even this forum is a bit bright for my liking.
Last edited by Bonkhead on 21 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

tibah

21 Jun 2016

Still on the default theme. It's simply Reason for me.

Dark and blue could be nice at times, but I don't like the contrast switching anywhere else. Default/light is more consistent.

SA Studio

21 Jun 2016

Exowildebeest wrote:
I'd still like to see a desert/warm theme that just cuts the blues and keeps things light.
Win. That sounds win. :thumbs_up:

geir
RE Developer

21 Jun 2016

I prefer the default one. I was excited when I first read about the darker themes, but they don't seem right to me. It's too much contrasts between different elements in the dark mode which makes the screen look way too busy.

Creativemind

21 Jun 2016

I know, the Props aren't half stingy lol!

2 extra themes, thought at least 3 but really 4 plus default so 5.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

21 Jun 2016

And as for dark colours being inspirational, I read somewhere online ages ago that sometimes some studios will offer more romantic or darker light options to help the vocalist get into the mood more on a more romantic or love orientated song. So I don't doubt a different colour / theme at times couldn't change ones mood and / or spark new creativity to maybe come up with new ideas.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

satyr32

21 Jun 2016

Dark and blue are not yet carved out it seems. You cannot just change the background color and leave most of the rest as it is. For example the red color of the notes conflicts with the dark grey. Doesn't work for me, but I like the default theme best anyways.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

synaptyx

22 Jun 2016

jonheal wrote: You can get used to almost anything. It's actually a pretty nice feature of the human mind. Else wise we'd all be walking around perpetually disappointed with everything.
Have you even read all the R9 batch threads? [emoji23][emoji106]

Gotta say I'm loving the dark theme. On the restart to change themes, I'm assuming Props are saving memory/processing by not having all themes sitting waiting just in case you want a quick change.

Sent from my [emoji882]'s [emoji527]

Since Reason 1

Last Alternative

22 Jun 2016

I'd say dark is nice for working at night. Until you switch to the mixer and get blinded. I hope PH matches the mixer to the themes in the next update. Did they say why they didn't do it in the first place?
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

svenh

22 Jun 2016

tibah wrote:Still on the default theme. It's simply Reason for me.

Dark and blue could be nice at times, but I don't like the contrast switching anywhere else. Default/light is more consistent.
Same here.

ljekio

22 Jun 2016

I prefer the dark theme but I want standard colors for file browser, black text of folders and files on light background is more usual for me.

jonheal

22 Jun 2016

synaptyx wrote: Have you even read all the R9 batch threads? [emoji23][emoji106]

Gotta say I'm loving the dark theme. On the restart to change themes, I'm assuming Props are saving memory/processing by not having all themes sitting waiting just in case you want a quick change.

Sent from my [emoji882]'s [emoji527]
I simply meant you can get used to about anything. Take my marriage, for example! Of course some folks do insist on fighting the natural progression of acceptance with every fiber of their being. :)
synaptyx wrote: Sent from my [emoji882]'s [emoji527]
And what a fine little unicorn's [emoji527] it is!
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

• Information