R9 download speed...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
GRIFTY

21 Jun 2016

DLing the torrent now. still getting 500 error on the direct DL

GRIFTY

21 Jun 2016

*i'm in san francisco by the way. can't even begin the download lol looks like they forgot about cali. the torrent is working though, it's been about 15 minutes and i'm at 60%. ..... i should help any west coast dudes trying to torrent it, because i have pretty good upload speed over here.

GRIFTY

21 Jun 2016

yup i'm just about maxing out my bandwidth right now lol

guitfnky

21 Jun 2016

glad the torrent is working; I came home to find the original download file wasn't viable. the torrent is doing fine. Just started it a minute or so ago, and I'm already at 12%.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

GRIFTY

21 Jun 2016

i'll seed for a little while, not sure if my isp has an upload limit on me or not, but i'll seed until about 2PM

The_G

21 Jun 2016

Torrent worked for me too.
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

Zerosity

21 Jun 2016

Since no one bothered to post it, the torrent links can be found here: https://www.propellerheads.se/support/d ... ittorrent/

Purpleb

21 Jun 2016

Anyone try to download it (R9 w/soundbanks) recently from site?
Earlier it was taking 12-15 hours, but failed.
Tried to restart it again and I am getting internal 500 error now.
:( :( :(

Goriila Texas

21 Jun 2016

Don't know if this will work for you or not but I paid for the fastest net ATT had available and when the tech came to my house he tested the upload/download speed of chrome vs explorer. Explorer kicked chrome azz by a long shot,chrome couldn't get anywhere near my maximum speeds I'm paying for,but explorer did.

Took about 5 minutes with the torrent on explorer.

guitfnky

21 Jun 2016

Goriila Texas wrote:Don't know if this will work for you or not but I paid for the fastest net ATT had available and when the tech came to my house he tested the upload/download speed of chrome vs explorer. Explorer kicked chrome azz by a long shot,chrome couldn't get anywhere near my maximum speeds I'm paying for,but explorer did.

Took about 5 minutes with the torrent on explorer.
it's not the user's bandwidth that's causing problems. many of us have download speeds of well over 50 MBPS, but still had trouble. the torrent works because you're not downloading via the Props link.

anyway, I hope everyone's gotten their downloads sorted out by now. R9 is fun. :)
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

ejanuska

21 Jun 2016

The torrent is working for me. prophead.com was not working for me.

Last Alternative

21 Jun 2016

I just paid for R9 on PH's website. Clicked download. The wheel thing spins like it's loading and then stops and gives me nothing. No window saying 'save to computer' or anything at all. Please help.

***UPDATE***
Just got "500 Internal server error" screen.. 2 attempts now.

***UPDATE*** using the Utorrent link. No peers to download from.

***UPDATE*** I keep trying to download thru the website and Utorrent. I'll keep trying but I'm getting worried this isn't gonna work out tonight.
Last edited by Last Alternative on 21 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

KenK

21 Jun 2016

I was having trouble downloading the version with the sound banks for my mac - the download would not start at all.

I downloaded the version without the sound banks pretty quickly and then it automatically downloaded the sound banks in 16 minutes.

digitalbase02

21 Jun 2016

Purpleb wrote:Anyone try to download it (R9 w/soundbanks) recently from site?
Earlier it was taking 12-15 hours, but failed.
Tried to restart it again and I am getting internal 500 error now.
:( :( :(
I had the same issue. I have tried downloading overnight and the download would get to 1.5GB and then stop and I would have to restart the download. I gave up trying to download via the propellerhead site this morning when I read a post about downloading reason 9 with soundbanks via torrenting. The torrent including sound banks took about 20 minutes. I'm based in Sydney Australia.

Last Alternative

22 Jun 2016

The DL with soundbanks is going now but it says 9 hours so... wait I must. Sorry to make a separate thread. I needed immediate help and figured it would be faster standing out as its own topic instead of being buried in another one.
Can't wait to play!
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Faastwalker

22 Jun 2016

Zerosity wrote:Since no one bothered to post it, the torrent links can be found here: https://www.propellerheads.se/support/d ... ittorrent/
Thanks ...... and bump.

Trefor

22 Jun 2016

Thanks for the torrent links Faastwalker. I've just given up on the props site download after 3 failed attempts. I am now downloading the torrent and it seems to be going OK.

Trefor

22 Jun 2016

Only 2 min to go and I will have it :)

Last Alternative

22 Jun 2016

Does this torrent link include the new soundbanks? And why is Utorrent telling me there are no peers to download from?

decibel

22 Jun 2016

Last Alternative wrote:Does this torrent link include the new soundbanks? And why is Utorrent telling me there are no peers to download from?
its the full kit and kaboodle man, hope you get some seed action soon enough ect

Olivier

22 Jun 2016

Last Alternative wrote:why is Utorrent telling me there are no peers to download from?
Weird, I'd expect to see at least one seed coming from Propellerhead themselves.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Purpleb

22 Jun 2016

For anyone looking to go the non-torrent route:

I was actually about to go the torrent route, but tried what someone else posted a few posts ago and so far it looks like it is working.

Download R9 without the sound banks (took me about 5-10min).
Open R9 and a pop up pops up and states you need soundbanks. You can download right there from the pop up.
So far it has been working on my end, a little slow, but it is working :) fingers crossed!

decibel

22 Jun 2016

eauhm wrote:
Last Alternative wrote:why is Utorrent telling me there are no peers to download from?
Weird, I'd expect to see at least one seed coming from Propellerhead themselves.

i grabbed it via torrent earlier today in about 40 mins after about 4 failed attempts through propellerheads direct download links, i'll reconnect the torrent and let it seed from my end for a while, i somehow doubt it will help though ? sounds like some other issue ?
Last edited by decibel on 22 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Maddcow

22 Jun 2016

I initially had fantastic d/l speed for the first 1.2GB (around 10mb/s) but it slowed to a 21kb/s trickle after that. I tried twice and then downloaded the torrent instead, which only took about 10 mins.

ClassickHitz

22 Jun 2016

Tried to download directly from Propellerheads site with soundtracks last night; 6 hours wait time. Woke up early this morning with a failed error. Retried again, download in under 10-minutes. Haven't installed yet, will later once I get home from work.

• Information