Cool Reason 9

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Marco Raaphorst

24 Jun 2016

Yes it is cool so I wrote a blogpost for it. A bit general info + personal view on it. Reason 9.

http://melodiefabriek.com/blog/cool-reason-9/

Exowildebeest

24 Jun 2016

The ReFill Reason 9 Sounds ReFill that comes with Reason is a cool one. And a weird one. Weird since the name suggests that it contains new sounds for Reason 9. Which it does but it also contains sounds which are like 13 years old! Huh? Yes! Nothing wrong with them because they still kiss #ss but just plain weird to call these Reason 9 Sounds in my opinion.
* Kick ass

But I agree. The Reason 9 soundbank is confused.

Ahornberg

25 Jun 2016

Pitch edit is great! Never again need to bounce to disk, use Melodyne and import audio again.

Creativemind

25 Jun 2016

Marco Raaphorst wrote:Yes it is cool so I wrote a blogpost for it. A bit general info + personal view on it. Reason 9.

http://melodiefabriek.com/blog/cool-reason-9/
The 'Making a Track in 5 Steps' annoyed me, it was on the Propellerhead site too. It wasn't a track, it was a beat, and only a shaker, kick and clap at that. I was hard pushed to know what 5 steps it was talking about too.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Last Alternative

25 Jun 2016

Pretty decent review. I've finally had time to play with R9 this morning and I really like it so far. There are always obvious things you wish they would've thought of but nothing that hasn't already been said so I'll just leave it at that.
The bottom line is it's awesome, fun and Reason has seriously advanced another notch.
I was raving about it to a friend last night and felt bad at the same time because he's still on 6.5 and is always too poor to afford a new computer and upgrade. Maybe I'll do him a solid for Christmas. He's a better musician than me, turned me on to Reason in 2009, and has taught and inspired me ever since.
Anyway, R9 = A+
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

swamptooth

25 Jun 2016

Iirc, the line 6 relationship ended when l6 was purchased by Yamaha, who also owns Steinberg, which makes Cubase. Line 6 were also propellerheads u.s. distributor for several years.
I think a lot of people have been burned by other daw manufacturers in the past (most recent one i remember was cakewalk splitting from Roland), but the one I hear the most about to this day is apple buying cool edit pro and turning it into logic.
Brings to mind a good piece of advice: when you date somebody find out who else they're sleeping with.

DJDark2010

25 Jun 2016

"but the one I hear the most about to this day is apple buying cool edit pro and turning it into logic. "

What has cool edit pro to do with logic ?!
This are two very different programms. logic is a daw and cool edit pro was only an audio editor wich was able to use it as a multitrack audio editor.
It was taken by adobe - and was then transformed and destructed to adobe audition.

swamptooth

25 Jun 2016

Oh my bad I mean after Apple bought emagic and discontinued Windows support. First cup of coffee not enough sleep.
I get those corporate takeovers confused sometimes...

Last Alternative

26 Jun 2016

Marco - I grabbed your Boutique Amp REfill and I'm going thru it now on the guitar parts in my songs. Dude this is nice! Thank you so much for dedicating time into greatly enhancing guitar features for Reason. This pack is killer; and a great price. Your sound design is better than mine and my guitars already sound better than before! Very professional.
Out of curiosity, did you happen to make a pack for bass?
-Jace
Last edited by Last Alternative on 26 Jun 2016, edited 3 times in total.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Bonkhead

26 Jun 2016

swamptooth wrote:(most recent one i remember was cakewalk splitting from Roland), but the one I hear the most about to this day is apple buying cool edit pro and turning it into logic.
Yeah, Gibson bought all Cakewalk shares, and Sony sold all their software (acid, soundforge, vegas) to Magix.
If you look at it this way, Propellerhead is still the same company as always afaik.

DJDark2010

26 Jun 2016

Hope that it will be so in future. We like it how it is!

• Information