Drum replacement workflow?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
xRwu8

01 Jul 2016

Does anyone have a standard audio drum replacement workflow they can share? - i.e. taking a song-length mono or stereo audio file of a recorded snare drum and replacing those hits with a sampled snare drum from the Reason library

Given the new audio to MIDI feature, it seems like bouncing a drum recording to MIDI and then dragging that MIDI into a Redrum or Kong is the quickest way, since it also translates volume to velocity, but I'm curious if there are other, or better, methods.
:reason: :recycle: :refill: :re: :rt:

BPGeez

02 Jul 2016

I think ur on the best and most efficient way my man. . I've tried using other devices (rex and audio) to gate to the intending sound but this almost always introduces latency n release times n such are a pain to edit. +1 to the new audio to midi feature.
Reason is my girlfriend. Sometimes she mistreats me, but I still love her.

Checkout my tunes made with Reason: https://soundcloud.com/geez-musicals

mbfrancis

02 Jul 2016

I don't have R9 yet, but no drum replacement and lack of mapping the tempo map to audio are two features I'm missing in Reason right now. SOunds like drum replacement is still not dialed in alas.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

• Information