Mixer overview disappeared

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Palmeira

03 Jul 2016

Am I missing something? That little graphic overview, slidey locate thing at the top of the mixer is gone???

I like that, please tell me it's not true or point me in the direction of a magic button??

Electric-Metal

03 Jul 2016

Sorry, but yes, it's gone.

But if you make a feature request, maybe it reappears with 9.5 or so, who knows ;)
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Loque

03 Jul 2016

I did not missed it yet.
Reason12, Win10

Raveshaper

03 Jul 2016

Electric-Metal wrote:Sorry, but yes, it's gone.
I'm speechless. Truly, I am. That is such a useful feature.

My best guess is that something like it but better is coming. You don't provide tools for building rack extensions in 3D for nothing, maybe the way the rack looks will evolve in the not too distant future, including improved overview.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

jonheal

03 Jul 2016

What slidey thing? I don't see a slidey thing at the top of the mixer in 8.3, either.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Last Alternative

03 Jul 2016

Will the white box in the top right corner of the mixer ever have something there?
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

mbfrancis

03 Jul 2016

It's gone in r8. It was a very useful feature, especially since you can't collapse the channels in any way. I wish they'd bring it back.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

joeyluck

03 Jul 2016

I always felt like you would need a TON of channels in order to make any use of it. But even then, scrolling has been fast enough for me (faster than mousing to the top to click or drag). I'm on a MBP, so I just use two finger scrolling on the trackpad. If it can be hidden, I wouldn't mind seeing it back. Otherwise, it takes up a bit much screen real estate for what it does IMO.

joeyluck

03 Jul 2016

Last Alternative wrote:Will the white box in the top right corner of the mixer ever have something there?
Curious why it isn't all black at least...

swamptooth

03 Jul 2016

it was replaced by the semi-transparent scroll bar beneath the track names

orthodox
RE Developer

04 Jul 2016

There's not much I could see on that overview as the channels were uniform, unlike the rack where everything is recognizable.

swamptooth

04 Jul 2016

orthodox wrote:There's not much I could see on that overview as the channels were uniform, unlike the rack where everything is recognizable.
The nice thing was that if you have tracks organized by color, you would know where to scroll to.

Palmeira

04 Jul 2016

Bummer! Shift and scroll wheel is fine but it was a kinda nice graphical clue especially if you have a lot of tracks which I frequently do.

Soldiering on......

jonheal

04 Jul 2016

See, now if all of you folks had been good customers are purchased every upgrade, you'd be used to this sorry situation by now. :)
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

mbfrancis

05 Jul 2016

swamptooth wrote:
orthodox wrote:There's not much I could see on that overview as the channels were uniform, unlike the rack where everything is recognizable.
The nice thing was that if you have tracks organized by color, you would know where to scroll to.
^ This. I am organized by color, and can have 16 tracks of (real) drums, and I use the same colors every time. I could just click on the thumbnail and jump to that section of the board.

I'll try shift scroll though, good to know.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

• Information