Bounce after Editing Pitch/Timing/Comping?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
The Real Deanc2000

28 Jul 2016

I'm just starting to work with Reason 9 and was wondering how you all are handling the new Pitch editing? Specifically, After editing the pitch, have you been bouncing to a new recording, or just keeping the edited clip as is?

I also work on Reaper, using Melodyne, and what I've been doing in that environment is applying the pitch corrections and rendering to a new audio clip, because then I can copy this clip to other parts of my song, eg other choruses or pre-choruses.

So, please let me know what has your method been. Thanks.

Dean.

selig
RE Developer

28 Jul 2016

If you DO bounce, I'd make sure to keep the original around just in case you find something you missed or "over tuned". That's how I tend to work in Pro Tools.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

The Real Deanc2000

28 Jul 2016

Thanks for the response Selig. Is there a mute and hide tracks command in Reason? I don't know of one. I hope the add that functionality in the future.

guitfnky

28 Jul 2016

I can't see any normal-use-case where it would be preferable to render it to a new clip. I don't think the correction uses much processing power at all (could be wrong on that though). copying and pasting a pitch-corrected section means the copy still keeps the corrected pitch, no?

it seems like rendering a new clip just adds steps if you need to go back and make changes later, like Selig mentioned. of course, if rendering is just a personal preference, nothing wrong with that. :)
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information