Reason spotting on korg.com

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Rook

02 Sep 2016

I always like to see Reason showing up in other product ads. This one is for Korg's new Arp Odyssey module. :thumbs_up:

dioxide

02 Sep 2016

Nice. Hey Korg, make more Rack Extensions!

unisyn

02 Sep 2016

M S 2 0

Come on!

Creativemind

02 Sep 2016

Yes and more importantly the M1 :-)
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

fieldframe
RE Developer

02 Sep 2016

I always assumed Korg stopped porting their instruments to RE because the two they did port didn't sell enough to justify further investment in the platform. So it's interesting to see that there's still some affinity for Reason over there. Perhaps there's still hope for the M1 and MS20!

decibel

02 Sep 2016

cmon props, make this happen

*perhaps Arp Odyssey is next ?

joeyluck

02 Sep 2016

fieldframe wrote:I always assumed Korg stopped porting their instruments to RE because the two they did port didn't sell enough to justify further investment in the platform. So it's interesting to see that there's still some affinity for Reason over there. Perhaps there's still hope for the M1 and MS20!
For what it's worth, their desktop plugin operation has been pretty quiet in general. Sure they haven't ported more of their desktop plugins to RE, but they also haven't created anymore AU/VST plugins. And I don't think any of their plugins have been ported to AAX either...

They have been releasing some cool iOS apps, but even those haven't been ported to AU/VST yet. So I wouldn't place as much emphasis on the RE platform being the reason for them not porting more Rack Extensions... Just an overall shift in current focus.

fieldframe
RE Developer

04 Sep 2016

True, they've definitely been busy on iOS. Which reminds me...

It would be so cool if Korg would start porting the Gadget devices to Reason. I love working with them in Gadget, and they would be a perfect fit for the rack, a little like what Kilohearts is doing with their Snapin series.

miscend

04 Sep 2016

It's marketing. I think Korg are the official Reason distributor in Japan.

• Information