Can I have 2 Reason's running at once?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sandy1884

24 Sep 2016

Is there a way to have 2 copies of Reason running at once? Let's say Reason 8 and Reason 9 open at the same time? If I can; how can I achieve this?

chrischrischris

24 Sep 2016

2 "Instances" of R9 yes but not a Mixture of R8 and R9.

Process

New Song

New Song

sandy1884

24 Sep 2016

Ok. Thanks

chrischrischris

24 Sep 2016

sandy1884 wrote:Ok. Thanks
Then Link The Tempos with Ableton Link.

Chris

gak

25 Sep 2016

I tried having two reasons at once and ended up in Folsom Prison.

EnochLight

25 Sep 2016

gak wrote:I tried having two reasons at once and ended up in Folsom Prison.
Attachments
johnny approves.pmng.png
johnny approves.pmng.png (284.41 KiB) Viewed 1100 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

talex

25 Sep 2016

Just make sure you disconnect from the internet. If Propellerhead detects your licensed copy of Reason running on two separate
computers you may have some technical difficulties. Also, you may have problems if you open up a licensed copy of Reason on two
separate computers and use the online authorizer. You'd think they could see that the copy is open at the same IP address and leave
you alone. Anyways, if Reason starts getting crazy glitchy it's likely the PROP's detected your crime.

Cheers!!

pushedbutton

25 Sep 2016

talex wrote:Just make sure you disconnect from the internet. If Propellerhead detects your licensed copy of Reason running on two separate
computers you may have some technical difficulties. Also, you may have problems if you open up a licensed copy of Reason on two
separate computers and use the online authorizer. You'd think they could see that the copy is open at the same IP address and leave
you alone. Anyways, if Reason starts getting crazy glitchy it's likely the PROP's detected your crime.

Cheers!!
Don't be silly, they're smarter than that.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

chrischrischris

26 Sep 2016

pushedbutton wrote:
talex wrote:Just make sure you disconnect from the internet. If Propellerhead detects your licensed copy of Reason running on two separate

Cheers!!
Don't be silly, they're smarter than that.
I was assuming that the guy wanted to open up two "Songs" at the same time?

Chris

pushedbutton

26 Sep 2016

Open as many songs up as you like with no need to be devious about it.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Gorgon

26 Sep 2016

Cheers!!
This is complete and utter nonsense.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

gak

26 Sep 2016

I don't think it was supposed to be serious.

Gorgon

27 Sep 2016

gak wrote:I don't think it was supposed to be serious.
Lol, I missed that then. Must be the age. ;)
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

• Information